Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Starwars in Japanese animation?

Starwars in Japanese animation?

Anything relating to Anime or Manga - what's new, what you like, etc...

Starwars in Japanese animation?

Postby Kenitai » Sun 09.21.2008 3:08 am

Now I'm not asking if there is anything like that available, but wondering for a different matter.

I want to hear the opinion from those who like Starwars, and rather disliked the latest 3dish Starwars the clone wars (if that was the title).
But anyway, do you think Starwars were better off as being animated by the Japanese and ofcourse dubbed by the English? Much like it was the case with Afro Samurai, which was being voiced by American actors etc. Now I'm not talking about anime's characters ofcourse with the big eyes etc. They can actually animate the type of style drawn in American comics.
I can actually see it in front of me, in huge animation quality that we know in anime movies etc.

Maybe it's a bad idea, and why?
The most addictive and effective way, to read & learn Kanji... Visit Readthekanji.com
Kenitai

Native language: Dutch

Re: Starwars in Japanese animation?

Postby MMM » Mon 09.22.2008 12:22 am

I kinda liked The Clone Wars, though it is clearly directed toward children.
めちゃめちゃメディア
Mecha Mecha Media

http://www.mechamechamedia.blogspot.com/
MMM

Native language: English

Postby kyubisharingan » Mon 09.22.2008 3:38 pm

Japanese always do it better in y opinion. For example, Batman Gotham Knight. Americans worked with Japanese animators and the animation was awsome!!! For the recent 3d Star Wars....i dont like the animation style. They should have done something more realistic like Final Fantasy 7 Advent CHildren (everyone knows thats probably the best animated movie in existence so far..).
kyubisharingan

Postby Sairana » Mon 09.22.2008 3:58 pm

I like Anime as much as the next girl, but I think the opinions expressed here enter the realm of the obsessive fanboyism. It almost sounds like you'd prefer to say that the only GOOD cartoons are JAPANESE cartoons.

I suppose you guys are probably looking for Avatar: The Last Airbender in the original Japanese, too. :shock:
Sairana

Native language: (US) English

Postby Kenitai » Thu 09.25.2008 5:58 am

Well, I for sure am not a fan of 3d animation, but FF7AC was an exception to me.
In the past I've been disappointed with the introduction of 3d elements into anime. I dislike 3D animation in general, so that's why I created this thread. I've got to warn you that I don't hate it though. :)

As a starwars fan myself, I'm glad that the new series of SW will not be shown in 3d, but in reallife actors. Or my SW days would be in ruins, so to say.
The most addictive and effective way, to read & learn Kanji... Visit Readthekanji.com
Kenitai

Postby MMM » Wed 10.01.2008 8:33 pm

The new SW series that starts this Friday on Cartoon Network is 3D animation. In the future there is supposed to be a live-action series as well, but I do not know when that will begin.
めちゃめちゃメディア
Mecha Mecha Media

http://www.mechamechamedia.blogspot.com/
MMM

Postby Kenitai » Fri 10.03.2008 8:18 am

Yeah it's rumored that the live action series will air somewhere in 2010, hopefully not later than that. apparently they're done with writing etc and began shooting. I'm so excited!
Kenitai

Postby stallina » Sun 12.21.2008 1:03 pm

What is the best camera for a beginner in model animation? The beginner is my 8 year old son.? I have heard of a Wallace and Gromit animation camera but cannot locate one. Christmas is nearing and i may have an upset boy if i cannot find anything.
stallina

Postby Sairana » Sun 12.21.2008 2:34 pm

stallina wrote:What is the best camera for a beginner in model animation? The beginner is my 8 year old son.? I have heard of a Wallace and Gromit animation camera but cannot locate one. Christmas is nearing and i may have an upset boy if i cannot find anything.

Do you suppose that a site dedicated to amatuer film/animation would be a better place to post this, rather than a website dedicated to japanese?
Sairana

Native language: (US) English

Postby deloresi » Fri 07.31.2009 5:37 am

How can I show matrix numbers in 3ds max animation? I'm creating a short movie clip with the help of 3ds max & Flash.
I wish to add a animation like some random numbers running in matrix style in a corner of that clip.(You may watch this animation in some robot films.) How can I create this animation easily?

Native language: 日本語

Return to Anime and Manga Discussions