Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Schools for studying Japanese in Osaka or elsewhere

Schools for studying Japanese in Osaka or elsewhere

Post questions and answers about living or visiting Japan or the culture

Schools for studying Japanese in Osaka or elsewhere

Postby Dimension » Tue 10.07.2008 9:31 am

Since I've been considering to go to Japan to study for some while now I figured it's time I get some more information about schools and other necessary information I might need.

There are institutions in Sweden that can give you some help regarding this and put you into a school they're affiliated with, but from what I've heard while it does make it easier for you to settle in Japan it also takes more money from your wallet because of it and I'd rather avoid that. I'd like to get in contact with the schools myself and arrange my own flight and such to cheapen costs.

I've been thinking of going to Osaka for studying as I heard it's a fun city to live in, and more importantly that it's cheaper than Tokyo. Of course I haven't decided yet on where to live, but right now my eyes are set on Osaka. If you have anything to say about Osaka or another town worth living in, please do! As much as I want to study hard while in Japan, I want to be able to have lots of fun as well :)

My problem right now is, I can't find any decent info on language schools for foreign students in Osaka. I can't find any decent links searching on google, so here I am. Any kind of help is appreciated!
Dimension

Native language: Swedish

Re: Schools for studying Japanese in Osaka or elsewhere

Postby weirdo36 » Tue 10.07.2008 10:21 am

Well I would say if youre going to do it youeself make sure the school has some kind of Accreditation from an organisation you can turst so that you will be sure youre not just sending money to a fake school or a bad school. Other then that, just notice that even though living in Osaka might be cheaper then in Tokyo I think it will still be more expensive ten studying in a more rural place. Also im not saying that you should not go and study in Osaka but if you just want something cheap then you might also find people saying more rural places are also fun to study.
The way I looked for a langue school was by typing it in on the internet and I found 2 websites that looked apealing to school i am at now and some other school but for the other school I could not find a Accreditation and thus I didn't wanted to take to risk and decied to go with this school.

Anyway good luck with youre search.
weirdo36

Postby Dimension » Wed 10.08.2008 3:57 pm

Yeah, I know Osaka is not the cheapest alternative, but as I said, I want to be able to experience lots of different things while in Japan, meet lots of new people and have lots of fun. So someone told me Osaka is the place to go for many reasons (lots of activities and friendly people), but what do I know? I might even go to a rural place as much as I love being surrounded by nature, but since I've been living in a rural place for my whole life I feel I could need a change of pace and some new experiences. But I guess there are many experiences to be had in lesser populated areas of Japan as well.

So I've been searching on google for some schools but no luck with finding any good information bout schools in Osaka. But I will persevere! :)
Dimension

Native language: Swedish

Postby two_heads_talking » Wed 10.08.2008 4:16 pm

I can't help out with the studying part of your question, but I can guarantee that any major city will have lots of people and tons of things for you to do and to see.
two_heads_talking

Native language: English

Postby sushi4ever » Thu 10.09.2008 6:22 am

There is a website which lists a lot of Japanese Language Schools, I'll look it up for you when I'm back home, I'm currently at the local library making requests for Japanese textbooks which I assume will not be ordered anyway, but well, at least I'm trying :wink:

I stumbled upon a school in Fukuoka some time ago, they look really friendly and professional, it's called Genki Japanese and Culture School, here's the link: http://www.genkijacs.com/index.htm

Aaah, well, I forgot I had that link to that school listing in my livejournal so here it is: Murasakishikibu

Good luck with choosing the right one for you! :mrgreen:
my japanese learning blog: http://pimpmysushi.livejournal.com
sushi4ever

Native language: German

Postby fielle » Thu 10.09.2008 8:52 am

Fukuoka's a great, busy city, so don't overlook it just because it's on Kyushu!
fielle

Native language: English

Return to Culture and Info about living in Japan