Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Help about JLPT applying process

Help about JLPT applying process

The test - experiences, questions or comments

Help about JLPT applying process

Postby Alghazanth » Wed 10.08.2008 11:46 am

Hi ,

I was in Japan since late Spring ; and had to apply for JLPT while I was there. As you may know ; the JLPT application form which is being sold in Japan only has Japanese locations to choose from ; where you take the exam.

The situation was either giving up applying to this years' test or using that form. I talked with a Japanese friend of mine and he suggested writing a letter about the situation and if it would be possible to enter the test in my home country ; and I did so and sent it with the form...

Anybody have any info about this ; or had any similar experience ?

Any help or idea greatly appreciated ;

Thanks
Alghazanth

Re: Help about JLPT applying process

Postby richvh » Wed 10.08.2008 11:57 am

You have to apply to the institution where the test is being given. Here's a list. It may be past the application deadline for some of them.
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

Postby Alghazanth » Wed 10.08.2008 12:25 pm

richvh wrote:You have to apply to the institution where the test is being given. Here's a list. It may be past the application deadline for some of them.

Yes ; I know about the institution in my country. I had gone there and applied the JLPT3 in 2007.

The time that applications are made is just one week ; and I was in Japan by that time and had no chance to apply by there :(

It makes me wonder why there isn't a choice for selecting other countries in the application form in Japan ?

I mean it's not convenient having to go to Japan for the test again ; take foreign students in Japan or people who go there for holiday etc.
Alghazanth

Postby katafei » Wed 10.08.2008 2:37 pm

Well, actually you probably could have emailed to any of the institutions on the list?
I emailed several in Europe and they all sent me an application form....
You will have to be quick, though, maybe there are some that haven't closed yet.

(otherwise, it might be a nice excuse for another trip to Japan..... :mrgreen: )

Or else, there is always next year....

good luck!
We are all but images of our time
katafei

Native language: Dutch; Female

Postby Alghazanth » Thu 10.09.2008 2:30 am

katafei wrote:Well, actually you probably could have emailed to any of the institutions on the list?
I emailed several in Europe and they all sent me an application form....
You will have to be quick, though, maybe there are some that haven't closed yet.

(otherwise, it might be a nice excuse for another trip to Japan..... :mrgreen: )

Or else, there is always next year....

good luck!

I have looked up through the list ; as far as I can see applications are mostly closed (and in some I can't read the language) , and/or couldn't find related info.

I will phone the institution in my country about the situation ; and will also contact Japanese institution ;but in the worst case I will have to go Japan for the test. Luckily that time is in winter holiday and shouldn't be a big problem I suppose ; but I wonder what I did wrong ; wasn't there any chance to enter the exam in my country because I was in Japan ?...
Alghazanth

Return to Japanese Language Proficiency Test