Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Japanese Radio Study Shows

Japanese Radio Study Shows

Post questions and answers about living or visiting Japan or the culture

Japanese Radio Study Shows

Postby Breyyne » Fri 10.24.2008 2:09 pm

Do such radio shows exist in Japan such as the one from 「shichinin no nana」. And if so does anyone know of any that might be posted online somewhere. Included is a cut from the anime 「shichinin no nana」 in which I first noticed the concept.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_IGvnBIyMQ
Breyyne

Re: Japanese Radio Study Shows

Postby MMM » Sun 10.26.2008 8:26 pm

The URL contained a malformed video ID.
めちゃめちゃメディア
Mecha Mecha Media

http://www.mechamechamedia.blogspot.com/
MMM

Native language: English

Postby phreadom » Mon 10.27.2008 12:29 pm

Fixed. :mrgreen:
猿も木から落ちる
phreadom
Site Admin

Native language: U.S. English (米語)

Postby MMM » Tue 10.28.2008 3:44 am

I watched the clip, but I don't understand what kind of show that was.
めちゃめちゃメディア
Mecha Mecha Media

MMM

Postby Breyyne » Tue 10.28.2008 4:44 pm

It's the type of radio show you listen to while you study. It offers tips and advice to help you along in your studies and offer a bit of distraction. IF you want I can try piecing together a longer sample but it won't be up for a couple of days.
Breyyne

Postby MMM » Tue 10.28.2008 4:53 pm

Breyyne wrote:It's the type of radio show you listen to while you study. It offers tips and advice to help you along in your studies and offer a bit of distraction. IF you want I can try piecing together a longer sample but it won't be up for a couple of days.

I don't think you need to piece together another example. There are all kinds of talk-radio on in Japan, but I have never heard of a show that helps you study, and young people don't tend to listen to talk radio that much, in my limited observations.

That kind of "all gather around the radio" harks back to another age.
めちゃめちゃメディア
Mecha Mecha Media

MMM

Postby two_heads_talking » Wed 10.29.2008 9:12 am

MMM wrote:
Breyyne wrote:It's the type of radio show you listen to while you study. It offers tips and advice to help you along in your studies and offer a bit of distraction. IF you want I can try piecing together a longer sample but it won't be up for a couple of days.

I don't think you need to piece together another example. There are all kinds of talk-radio on in Japan, but I have never heard of a show that helps you study, and young people don't tend to listen to talk radio that much, in my limited observations.

That kind of "all gather around the radio" harks back to another age.

I don't think the OP is speaking of Japanese talk radio, or Japanese families sitting around a radio listening to it.. He is speaking of a Radio broadcast that helps foreigners study Japanese.
two_heads_talking

Postby Breyyne » Thu 10.30.2008 2:09 am

two_heads_talking wrote:I don't think the OP is speaking of Japanese talk radio, or Japanese families sitting around a radio listening to it.. He is speaking of a Radio broadcast that helps foreigners study Japanese.

Actually, I am talking about Japanese Talk radio. But more along the line of something you listen to when you are home studying or doing homework. A little music, a little "call in show", and a little something to stop the " oh Have I been doing this for hours now?". The type of thing that you can use as a distraction during studying without really being distracted.

Ultimately, I just want a idea of what type of format would be used so I can mock one up for work. I work a 12 hour shift 3 nights a week in a heavy machine shop. I wear ear protection that I have added headsets to so I can listen to music. Figured, I could try using all that "spare audio time" to learn Japanese, or at least practice some, But stuff like Primsluer is only designed for half hour spurts. With being a former military brat to a father that work at the Air Force Radio and Television stations overseas, I have a basic understanding of running a radio show. So I figured, why not try doing a fuax radio broadcast on my days off for myself, and maybe people on sites like this, to listen to with their favorite music. The way MP3 players are nowadays, It would be hard to set up a playlist with Music and the 'radio show' worked in to make it seem at least believable.
Breyyne

Postby two_heads_talking » Thu 10.30.2008 9:03 am

Breyyne wrote:
two_heads_talking wrote:I don't think the OP is speaking of Japanese talk radio, or Japanese families sitting around a radio listening to it.. He is speaking of a Radio broadcast that helps foreigners study Japanese.

Actually, I am talking about Japanese Talk radio. But more along the line of something you listen to when you are home studying or doing homework. A little music, a little "call in show", and a little something to stop the " oh Have I been doing this for hours now?". The type of thing that you can use as a distraction during studying without really being distracted. .

I stand corrected. My apologies. If that's the case, perhaps you should just scan the radio dial and see what catches your fancy.. maybe a news broadcast would help. Lots of new vocabulary and it's usually a talk variation..
two_heads_talking

Postby Breyyne » Thu 10.30.2008 5:24 pm

two_heads_talking wrote:I stand corrected. My apologies. If that's the case, perhaps you should just scan the radio dial and see what catches your fancy.. maybe a news broadcast would help. Lots of new vocabulary and it's usually a talk variation..

Unfortunately, scanning the dial won't help me much as I am still in the US and have no hopes of picking up a Japanese Station. :(
Breyyne

Postby richvh » Thu 10.30.2008 5:28 pm

Here is a listing of stations you can access over the 'net.
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

Postby Breyyne » Thu 10.30.2008 9:18 pm

Thank you Much, Rich. I will look into some of these asap. Hopefully I will find something that will help with my little project. :)
Breyyne

Return to Culture and Info about living in Japan