Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Saddest Anime Ever?

Saddest Anime Ever?

Anything relating to Anime or Manga - what's new, what you like, etc...

RE: Saddest Anime Ever?

Postby japanfreak » Sun 01.20.2008 8:05 am

Well, I'm gonna come right out and say this. I think Midori no Hibi is pretty sad, at least among the anime I've seen.
japanfreak

Re: RE: Saddest Anime Ever?

Postby Havnes » Wed 02.27.2008 2:20 pm

Dehitay wrote:Naruto? I can't really agree with calling that show depressing. Honestly, I can't choose between Grave of the Fireflies and Saikano. At least Saikano had that one scene with the trigger safety stuck on.

I also can't decide between the two of them. I'm inclined to say Grave of the Fireflies, if only for the fact that it's a semi-true story. However, there's also episode 9 of Saikano....
Havnes

Re: Saddest Anime Ever?

Postby Chevron9 » Fri 02.29.2008 3:43 am

Im in America, so I dont see very many, but Soltei Rie (Not sure if I spelled that correctly) is the saddest Iv seen.
Chevron9

Postby Kenitai » Sun 09.21.2008 3:24 am

I think Wolf's rain was preatty sad at the end. And FMA, where hughes died.
The most addictive and effective way, to read & learn Kanji... Visit Readthekanji.com
Kenitai

Native language: Dutch

Postby Tabetai » Fri 10.31.2008 10:12 pm

Sailor Moon made me cry in some spots, usually when most of her friends are dying and stuff. I thought Air TV was pretty sad too, and Elfen Lied. I don't know, usually the animes I watch are funny and kid-aimed. Well, I am a kid, (I mean REALLY a kid) but still..
Tabetai

Native language: English

Postby Kenitai » Fri 11.14.2008 5:06 pm

Tabetai wrote:Sailor Moon made me cry in some spots, usually when most of her friends are dying and stuff. I thought Air TV was pretty sad too, and Elfen Lied. I don't know, usually the animes I watch are funny and kid-aimed. Well, I am a kid, (I mean REALLY a kid) but still..

I watched that one too, of Sailormoon :o it was my first experience of "cartoon" characters to just die at the time, since I had no idea what anime or manga were. (around mid 90's)
The most addictive and effective way, to read & learn Kanji... Visit Readthekanji.com
Kenitai

Native language: Dutch

Postby Aleco » Sun 01.04.2009 7:33 pm

God, I just had to register and have my say in this topic! I don't cry easily, but I was at the very edge of doing so after watching Bokurano! At first it doesn't seem awful at all, only like some ordinary anime, until you get to episode 3 or 4 where you realize their fates... :cry:

Spoiler:
The fact that we get to see their (15 kids) history, learn about their family... What they'll never get to see while wandering around awaiting their destiny! Horrible O_O Kid 1 and 2 aren't too awful/exciting, and things may seem dull/confusing, but seriously... after that... :(

Seriously, if anyone likes sad anime, watch this... I didn't react to the first 2 kids, 'cause then we didn't know anything, but as we get to know more... It's been two days since I finished it, and I still think about how sad it was O_O!

A lot of this may not make much sense, but if you watch it, it will...
Aleco

Native language: Norwegian

Postby Kuranado » Fri 01.30.2009 4:21 am

Barefoot Gen. It was a manga, written/drawn by the person that actually experienced what the story was about- the atomic strike on Hiroshima. They made it into an amazing anime. Amazingly-well animated. Utterly sad and shocking. Like Grave of the Fireflies, it's not anti-America anime, not pro-Japan...it just shows what happens to innocent people caught in the middle of a war they didn't ask for.

By the way...there is a live action version of Grave of the Fireflies. cdjapan.co.jp has an English subtitled version available for pre-order. Due to be released in March, I think.

If we define "sad anime" as "an anime that makes me cry..." then Kanon was very sad. I cried my ass off. I actually had to have my ass surgically reattached after watching Kanon. Kanon is also VERY funny.
クラナド
Kuranado

Postby poom » Wed 08.12.2009 11:43 pm

If u want to see a really f*cked up story watch school days from beginning to end.....
poom

Native language: english

Postby Kodama_30 » Thu 08.13.2009 5:15 pm

Kuranado wrote:Barefoot Gen. It was a manga, written/drawn by the person that actually experienced what the story was about- the atomic strike on Hiroshima. They made it into an amazing anime. Amazingly-well animated. Utterly sad and shocking. Like Grave of the Fireflies, it's not anti-America anime, not pro-Japan...it just shows what happens to innocent people caught in the middle of a war they didn't ask for.

By the way...there is a live action version of Grave of the Fireflies. cdjapan.co.jp has an English subtitled version available for pre-order. Due to be released in March, I think.

If we define "sad anime" as "an anime that makes me cry..." then Kanon was very sad. I cried my ass off. I actually had to have my ass surgically reattached after watching Kanon. Kanon is also VERY funny.

Kanon gets my vote too :) Mokoto's arc had me bawling like a little kid lol. Coincidently, I've just started watching Clannad recently (up to Ep6) which is sort of similar but has more laughs, I'm guessing you're a fan given the sig and avi ;)
Kodama_30

Postby lonelytraveler8 » Thu 08.13.2009 7:37 pm

I don't think I've seen any that would qualify as the saddest, but the saddest I've seen would one of the following:

Elfen Lied (probably this one)
Full Moon wo Sagashite

I've also heard that School Days is pretty messed up.
Blog: http://www.LicensedToChaos.arcrpg.co.cc
Do you like to roleplay? Have you heard of Play-By-Post? Give it a shot at ARCRPG and help us build a great community.
lonelytraveler8

Native language: 英語

Postby lola11 » Fri 09.18.2009 10:22 pm

i would have to say clannad afterstory,...... but yet again my opinion :mrgreen:
lola11

Postby 血まみれ剣術師 » Mon 09.21.2009 1:54 am

I'd hate to be vague, but there are too many very sad anime shows/movies that I've watched.
血まみれ剣術師

Postby naoki0724 » Wed 09.23.2009 7:41 am

I would have to say the "Byousoku 5 cm" was one of the saddest anime I have watched. Makoto shinkai works are very dramatic and emotional. He is also the director that produced "The Place Promised in our Early Days." "Voices of a Distant Star" is also good. But if your looking for quality anime effects then I would not recommend "Voices of a Distant Star" It's only 30 min long and Makoto made the anime from his laptop alone. But the overall story line is great!

I would highly recommend "Boysoku 5cm", "The Place Promised in our Early Days", and "Voices of a Distant Star" if you havn't watched them already.
naoki0724

Postby naoki0724 » Wed 09.23.2009 7:42 am

If your looking for sad Anime series I would suggest Clannad or True Tears. Clannad has a lot of comedy. True Tears is more realistic.
naoki0724

PreviousNext

Return to Anime and Manga Discussions