Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Call Of Duty

Call Of Duty

Discuss games, Japanese as well as non-Japanese.

Re: Call Of Duty

Postby Sairana » Mon 11.03.2008 5:22 pm

two_heads_talking wrote:Silly youngsters.. Think they created everything...

I made the comment given the fact that Tony probably remembers that I'm old, too....

then again, maybe not.

**is 21...... with 9 years experience** bwahaha
Sairana

Native language: (US) English

Postby richvh » Mon 11.03.2008 5:41 pm

Young whippersnappers, always thinking 30 is old, <mumble mumble>
Spoiler:
Turned 30 while Reagan was still president.
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

Postby Infidel » Mon 11.03.2008 6:51 pm

AJBryant wrote:I used to be virtually unable to get through the first half of Pripyet -- the walking Russkis always found me on the ground somehow. That and the part where your helo is downed and you have to get your people out sneaking from one building to the other ALWAYS gets me killed over and over.

Tony

Ya, they stepped on me a lot, even when I was practically licking my lead's boots. The walking troops seemed to be walking diagonally so it was very hard to estimate their paths. BTW, it was very cool how the ghilly suits really seemed to blend in without any cheezy computer effects. There were numerous times where I would be right on top of the other guy, but not see him, then realize that the tree is a little thicker than it should be.

I expect to do poorly in field combat, I normally do alright in corridor combat. It's fighting in the open that gets me killed. A lot! I'm normally the cautious person that ruthlessly slays those silly people that stick their necks out. Playing point man completely goes against my nature.

In that scenario where we had to go to the barn, then it ended up not being the LZ and running back to the origin point. Well, I spent 2 hours before I even lived long enough for the helo to leave without me. When I discovered the air support key and that had me live an extra minute, but it took me another hour to live long enough to make it down to the convenience store at the bottom of the hill. Then I ran out of time several times before I finally figured out that I had to cut behind this house and run down another hill to get to the helo.
なるほど。
さっぱりわからん。
Infidel

Native language: 英語

Postby chikara » Mon 11.03.2008 8:47 pm

Zvono11 wrote:Does anyone here play COD?

Yes.

Sairana wrote:OLD people don't play GAMES! .....

No, but older people like Tony-san and I do :P
Don't complain to me that people kick you when you're down. It's your own fault for lying there
chikara

Native language: English (Australian)

Postby Harisenbon » Mon 11.03.2008 10:20 pm

richvh wrote:Turned 30 while Reagan was still president.

Just to yank your chain:

We had a president named Reagan? :shock:
Want to learn Japanese the right way? How about for free?
Ippatsu // Japanesetesting.com
Harisenbon

Native language: (poor) English

Postby richvh » Mon 11.03.2008 10:53 pm

Yeah, he was the one before Bush. No, not that Bush, the other one.
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

Postby chikara » Tue 11.04.2008 1:32 am

Harisenbon wrote:.... We had a president named Reagan? :shock:

You can be forgiven for forgetting. Ronnie had trouble remembering who he was too but then the poor sod had Alzheimer's. :(

You can play the The Ronald Reagan Memory Game at Whitehouse.org
Don't complain to me that people kick you when you're down. It's your own fault for lying there
chikara

Postby Harisenbon » Tue 11.04.2008 1:36 am

chikara wrote:You can play the The Ronald Reagan Memory Game at Whitehouse.org

That amuses me to no end that that game exists.

However, it won't load for me. Maybe they forgot to make it compatible with flash 9? ;)
Harisenbon

Postby two_heads_talking » Tue 11.04.2008 12:25 pm

Sairana wrote:
two_heads_talking wrote:Silly youngsters.. Think they created everything...

I made the comment given the fact that Tony probably remembers that I'm old, too....

then again, maybe not.

**is 21...... with 9 years experience** bwahaha

my mom is 29 with 35 years experience.. I've only ever heard of women using that type of aging.. Notice I had winkies and smilies on mine, showing that sarcastically, I was just generalizing as you had.. it works both ways you know..

I've been playing video games since I was 13 or so.. I thinks that when we got our first Atari.. Before that, the only games we had were board games and stuff we did outside. Tag, hide and seek, kick the can, smear the queer, football, baseball, basketball.. You know, stuff that most video game couch potatoes couldn't do if they were given money to.. lol :mrgreen: :roll: :| 8) :lol: :shock: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
two_heads_talking

Native language: English

Postby Zvono11 » Tue 11.04.2008 2:51 pm

two_heads_talking wrote:
Sairana wrote:
AJBryant wrote:Yup.

[insert jawdrop here]

OLD people don't play GAMES!

>.> ^_^

Old people are the ones who played the games that are the reason you can play the games you have.. Now, respect your Elders, especially those of us whose experience allowed you to play games.. Silly youngsters.. Think they created everything... :wink: :roll: :wink:

Yes, I agree with you. I must admit that older gamers are the best in online playing such as clan wars, team deathmatch,....
PSN ID: Zvono

日本の車が大すきです.
Zvono11

Native language: Croatian

Postby Harisenbon » Wed 11.05.2008 12:22 am

Zvono11 wrote:Yes, I agree with you. I must admit that older gamers are the best in online playing such as clan wars, team deathmatch,....

:shock: Older games existed before the internet and online games. ;)

When I think of old games, I think of Pong, Galaga and Pac-Man.

It's somewhat disconcerting that games like doom (first networkable 1st person shooter if I remember correctly) and quake are considered old...
Harisenbon

Postby chikara » Wed 11.05.2008 12:39 am

Harisenbon wrote: :shock: Older games existed before the internet and online games. ;) ....

The first computer game I played was called "Find the Mugwump". According to this website the BASIC version was first published in 1978 but I played it in high school before that. The computer wasn't what you would class as a PC. For input it had a hexadecimal keypad and a punch card reader and for out put it had a printer. The first computer game I played that had graphics was Space Invaders which was played on a "cocktail table". That would have been the late 70's.

Harisenbon wrote:..... It's somewhat disconcerting that games like doom (first networkable 1st person shooter if I remember correctly) and quake are considered old...

I remember thinking how advanced DOOM was when it was released in the early 90's. I blame DOOM for my addiction to network gaming nights :oops:
chikara

Postby Sairana » Wed 11.05.2008 2:14 am

My first game system was a ColecoVISION. ^_^

My favorite game was "Cabbage Patch Kids Adventures in the Park", followed closely by "Spider Man". We also owned a copy of the most epic failure in all of gaming history -- "E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial". (I know, that was for the Atari... but luckily, Coleco released a module that could play 2600 and 7800 games... whee!) I remember spending hours of frustration playing that piece of crap, thinking I couldn't beat it just because I was a dumb little kid (with enthusiastic confirmation from my older brother). Alas.
Sairana

Native language: (US) English

Postby Zvono11 » Tue 11.11.2008 3:28 am

When will the call of duty world at war for PS3 be released???
PSN ID: Zvono

日本の車が大すきです.
Zvono11

Native language: Croatian

Postby two_heads_talking » Tue 11.11.2008 9:52 am

Zvono11 wrote:When will the call of duty world at war for PS3 be released???

you should use a website dedicated to gaming for such information.. It's alot better than asking here.. :mrgreen:
two_heads_talking

Native language: English

Previous

Return to Games