Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Marked threads

Marked threads

Spotted any errors or found anything that doesn't work?

Marked threads

Postby Infidel » Wed 11.02.2005 9:32 am

Is this forum capable of marking threads I've posted to?

This is the first forum I've ever been on that didn't mark a thread I've post do in some way or another so I can quickly determine which threads I should check to see if someone replied to me.

If this forum has the capability but it is not activated, could you please activate it? There are already enough threads that I'm not sure which ones I've posted to without reading every thread in its entirety.

thank you.
Infidel

Native language: 英語

RE: Marked threads

Postby AJBryant » Wed 11.02.2005 10:56 am

At the very top of the forum list (in very small type, with no button -- you can miss it if you don't look for it) is a "NEW FEATURE- View Recent Threads" thingie you can click. I've just spotted it this morning after your post made me wonder....

Tony
AJBryant
Site Admin

Native language: English

Postby Kates » Wed 11.02.2005 11:02 am

Yeah, but it doesn't show you ALL the threads that have been active since your last visit, does it? I've checked in the morning before and have only had like, 7 results... but I can tell that it's not listing some of the threads that were posted in recently.

I usually go through forum by forum to see the list of new posts. -_-
Kates

Postby zengargoyle » Fri 11.11.2005 12:04 pm

Kates wrote:
Yeah, but it doesn't show you ALL the threads that have been active since your last visit, does it? I've checked in the morning before and have only had like, 7 results... but I can tell that it's not listing some of the threads that were posted in recently.

it should show you all the threads with activity since your last visit. i haven't noticed it not doing so. but it does rely on the forum's idea of last-visit which has some odd logic here and there. IIRC i think i had to build in a 'last-visit or one-hour-ago' check so that if you reloaded the page all of the articles wouldn't disappear (since your last visit was just a few seconds ago).

you can also select to view threads with activity in the past-N-(hours|days|weeks|months), and/or limit the threads to the ones you started.

i have a version of the page in the testing phase that also allows limiting the results to threads in which you have posted, but i sorta ran out of free time to clean it up.

anyways, i've been using the Super View page for many months now and haven't noticed it missing any posts or anything else odd. but there still could be bugs floating about. if you notice anything odd, save the page or take a screenshot and drop me a PM and i'll investigate.
zengargoyle

Return to Problems