Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Almost done with my textbook

Almost done with my textbook

Have a textbook or grammar book that you find particularly helpful? What about a learning tip to share with others?

Almost done with my textbook

Postby paste » Mon 11.24.2008 10:52 pm

I'm using Nakama 1A in my class, but we're almost done, and I'm moving to another state after the semester is over. I don't have the next Nakama book in the series, but my friend gave me her old Yookoso textbook. You think I should continue with the Nakama series or use the Yookoso instead? Or even another different textbook?
paste

Native language: English

Re: Almost done with my textbook

Postby Infidel » Mon 11.24.2008 10:57 pm

I suggest sticking with your current series. Every textbook has different priorities and a different base vocabulary. A new series will assume you already know grammar points that the other book left out, and introduce points already covered by your previous textbook. And starting over will only produce a lot of frustration.
なるほど。
さっぱりわからん。
Infidel

Native language: 英語

Postby two_heads_talking » Tue 11.25.2008 10:05 am

http://www.uiowa.edu/~japanese/NAKAMA/index.html

I'm not sure if the link will help, but there is alot of Nakama reference there if you have a hard time getting the 2nd book.
two_heads_talking

Native language: English

Postby Sairana » Tue 11.25.2008 10:08 am

Infidel's right. Don't jump into the middle of a different set of books. It's from the start or not at all, or you risk some serious confusion.

On the other side of the coin.... IF you are willing to steadfastly recover things you've already learned, then starting a new series certainly wouldn't HURT you any. It would probably be very dull and require a truckload of perseverance.
Sairana

Native language: (US) English

Return to Learning Materials Reviews & Language Learning tips