Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Any good offline Japanese dictionaries?

Any good offline Japanese dictionaries?

Have a textbook or grammar book that you find particularly helpful? What about a learning tip to share with others?

Any good offline Japanese dictionaries?

Postby nukemarine » Thu 12.04.2008 8:38 pm

Just to be clear, I'm talking about a Japanese to Japanese dictionary that can be used on a computer without going through an internet dictionary portal (although goo.ne.jp is great). Finding offline Japanese to English dictionaries is not a problem. A google search of 辞書 ダウン-ロード doesn't seem to help too much.

Yes, I'm able to get paper and electronic dictionaries although with 40 dollar and 200 dollar price tags that's a hefty investment.
nukemarine

Re: Any good offline Japanese dictionaries?

Postby richvh » Thu 12.04.2008 10:38 pm

You can get offline dictionaries (in Ebwin and possibly other formats) but they aren't free.
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

Postby Harisenbon » Fri 12.05.2008 12:34 am

nukemarine wrote:Yes, I'm able to get paper and electronic dictionaries although with 40 dollar and 200 dollar price tags that's a hefty investment.

Seeing how I've been using my electronic dictionary for about 4-5 years now, I don't consider the initial investment of 100 dollars to be that bad. I also don't need a computer to use it.

Aren't you living in Japan? They have them for your keitai, you know.
Want to learn Japanese the right way? How about for free?
Ippatsu // Japanesetesting.com
Harisenbon

Native language: (poor) English

Postby yukamina » Fri 12.05.2008 1:02 pm

I've been wanting an offline J>J dictionary too. I use JWPce all the time, it's really useful. Right now I mostly use it to find kanji and word examples for those kanji. But it's not monolingual....
yukamina

Return to Learning Materials Reviews & Language Learning tips