Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Japanese Radio

Japanese Radio

Post questions and answers about living or visiting Japan or the culture

Japanese Radio

Postby Mariya » Thu 11.03.2005 2:21 pm

Okay I'm not too sure if this is in the right forum...but hey...

Just wondering how many Japanese radio channels there are, and which are more popular? Is there a huge variety? I was wondering if there are any I could tune into via the Internet...it could help alot for listening skills...and also music purposes. ; )
Mariya

RE: Japanese Radio

Postby Harisenbon » Thu 11.03.2005 8:20 pm

There are a lot of Japanese radio stations, just like in America. Many of them are available for listening over the internet. Windows Media player can connect to many of them automatically. Just open it up, go to "radio stations" and search for Japan, Osaka, or any big city name.

You should be warned that Japanese radio stations have a remarkable amount of English on them. Most DJs are either halfs, or have studied English/Japanese their entire lives.
Want to learn Japanese the right way? How about for free?
Ippatsu // Japanesetesting.com
Harisenbon

Native language: (poor) English

Postby hyperconjugated » Fri 11.04.2005 7:03 am

Harisenbon wrote:
There are a lot of Japanese radio stations, just like in America. Many of them are available for listening over the internet. Windows Media player can connect to many of them automatically. Just open it up, go to "radio stations" and search for Japan, Osaka, or any big city name.

Would you happen to know any specific japanese radio stations that broadcast _live streams_? Just some ornidary everyday talk shows and news etc. on internet. I'm not very interested in music programs and so on, listening to japanese is essential. I have tried NHK's streaming broadcast but it's awful IMO and I haven't found others or they just loop the same 30min program over and over again. Then there are also just short clips to listen on almost all of the other radio stations' homepages and no live streams.
Also the winamp radio search gave few stations that didn't work or they were mainly music. Need streaming!! Need help!!
hyperconjugated

Native language: Finnish

Postby Harisenbon » Fri 11.04.2005 8:11 am

I haven't found any news programs on the net, as I normally just listen to the morning news on the way to work.

I just did an advanced search with Windows Media Player for Language: Japanese, Location: Japan and got about 20 or so various stations. The nippon Broadcasting system was one of them. Sounds like a dry name. Probably some news on there.
Want to learn Japanese the right way? How about for free?
Ippatsu // Japanesetesting.com
Harisenbon

Native language: (poor) English

Postby hyperconjugated » Fri 11.04.2005 12:06 pm

Harisenbon wrote:
I just did an advanced search with Windows Media Player for Language: Japanese, Location: Japan and got about 20 or so various stations. The nippon Broadcasting system was one of them. Sounds like a dry name. Probably some news on there.

Great, thanks a lot m8!
hyperconjugated

Native language: Finnish

Return to Culture and Info about living in Japan