Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - JLPT in Germany

JLPT in Germany

The test - experiences, questions or comments

JLPT in Germany

Postby Kenitai » Sun 11.16.2008 6:23 am

Anyone going there next year?

Since I live in Holland, it's the only nearby country that offers me the test. :D
I probably plan to take the level 3 test in 2009, probably in Düsseldorf. Well... depending on how much I know up to next year, maybe if I'll work insanely hard at Japanese, maybe a level 2 may be an option... although I've seen the low % of people actually passing the level 2 test.

Thought it might be fun to know if any Germans or fellow Dutch people are going too next year. :D
The most addictive and effective way, to read & learn Kanji... Visit Readthekanji.com
Kenitai

Native language: Dutch

Re: JLPT in Germany

Postby katafei » Sun 11.16.2008 6:50 pm

I can never find any info about JLPT on the Dusseldorf website....

I went to London last year, and will be Kopenhagen with 2 friends this year.
Paris is also an interesting option, but next year I'll be choosing a sunny destiny, like Barcelona or somewhere in Italy ^_^

Do you live close to the German border??

Me, I'm close to Schiphol, so.....

BTW, it should be pretty cheap to buy a ticket to London from Eindhoven. Nice place, London.
We are all but images of our time
katafei

Native language: Dutch; Female

Postby Kenitai » Mon 11.17.2008 2:45 pm

I live in the most Southern province of Holland, where Belgium , Germany and Holland comes together, so yeah... :D
The most addictive and effective way, to read & learn Kanji... Visit Readthekanji.com
Kenitai

Postby richvh » Mon 11.17.2008 2:51 pm

That would be, hmm, Noord Brabant?
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

Postby Kenitai » Mon 11.17.2008 3:05 pm

Close, but nope, Limburg. South-Limburg. :) Somewhere close to the province's capital city Maastricht.
Kenitai

Postby katafei » Tue 11.18.2008 3:36 am

The 'drielandenpunt' has been on my wish list like ...forever.

(the tripoint where the three countries meet....I believe it's on a 'mountain' :lol: )
katafei

Postby Kenitai » Tue 11.18.2008 7:23 am

:D Drielandenpunt... that's like 10 years ago since I last time went there. Nobody I know wants to go there, so no reason for me to go there either. :( lol
Kenitai

Postby mellowpurple » Tue 11.18.2008 2:24 pm

I'll take the JLPT2 this year in Düsseldorf. :D
mellowpurple

Postby Kenitai » Tue 11.18.2008 3:37 pm

:D Cool, so where do you live?
Kenitai

Postby Chikubi » Sun 12.07.2008 11:25 am

OMgosh, they don't have the JLPT in NL??! Just took it in Shanghai and probably also need to go to Dusseldorf if I've flunked it this time. Now only if they'd also gave the test 2 times next year in Europe...
I Like KFC, the original one!
Love SPITZ!!!
Chikubi

Postby katafei » Sun 12.07.2008 1:20 pm

Hi chikubi,

Long time no sea :)

How did you do????

yes, isn't it ridiculous they don't have the test in Holland? Still, it's always a nice excuse to go on a city trip.
so, you're going back to Holland?
katafei

Postby Chase » Mon 12.08.2008 6:41 am

I've taken 4 in Dusseldorf yesterday, quite an event. No idea how it was with the other levels but the listening part was in slow motion: "Reeeeeenshuuuuuuuu shiiiimaaaashoooouuuuu". Made not only me chuckle, as it sounded totally unnatural :)
Chase

Postby Chikubi » Mon 12.08.2008 1:05 pm

katafei wrote:Hi chikubi,

Long time no sea :)

How did you do????

yes, isn't it ridiculous they don't have the test in Holland? Still, it's always a nice excuse to go on a city trip.
so, you're going back to Holland?

Yea, it's been some time :) hisashiburi!
Well I don't dare to say it... it was TOUGH! But I knew that already, trying to squeeze out a JLPT lv2 in 1.5 year is not an easy task albeit do-able. The reading part, man, grueling for me. Can only wait for the results now... *sniff

But you did a pretty good job right? I think that piece of paper with the red stamp is coming your way soon!! yay!
I Like KFC, the original one!
Love SPITZ!!!
Chikubi

Postby katafei » Tue 12.09.2008 6:58 am

Chikubi wrote:The reading part, man, grueling for me. Can only wait for the results now... *sniff

But you did a pretty good job right? I think that piece of paper with the red stamp is coming your way soon!! yay!

I wish :lol:

Unfortunately, that's a misinterpretation of my earlier post.
I only started practising old tests 2 weeks before JLPT, and I was horrified by the amount of reading!
30 minutes average is what I needed for each text.
So that's when I figured I didn't stand a chance......

During the test I had a very strict schedule, so all of my answers were snapshot decisions. No time to ponder a little longer.
And much to my surprise, I almost finished in time ^_^
(I skipped the 'graph' question, they always take longer to understand, so with one question, they're simply not economical)

But I didn't have the feeling I 'totally blew it'....there is a sparkle of hope 8)

Anyways, all we can do now is wait . . . .
Last edited by katafei on Tue 12.09.2008 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
katafei

Postby caroline » Tue 12.09.2008 2:36 pm

I went to London last year, and will be Kopenhagen with 2 friends this year.
Paris is also an interesting option, but next year I'll be choosing a sunny destiny, like Barcelona or somewhere in Italy ^_^

Paris is absolutely not a good option for JLPT in december : the two years I took JLPT (2006 and 2007), it was stormy, windy, in a newsworthy style, which is not supposed to be the actual weather in France in december. This year, it was marginally - just so - better, just cold and rainy, probably because I thought better than taking JLPT. But 2009, I do intend to take it.
Moreover, the test is passed in the suburbs, at an absolutely ugly building that is an exam center (I had not gone back there since I had to pass the entrance exams for my post grad school, and did not miss it at all ), so it's not exactly enjoying Paris. The only good point is perfect conditions for the listening test, even with the racket of the wind and rain on the windows. Maybe when there is a second test during the year, you will want to come to Paris... but then, you will have completed the JLPT path, Katafei :D
caroline

Native language: Français

Next

Return to Japanese Language Proficiency Test