Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - first anime you have watched

first anime you have watched

Anything relating to Anime or Manga - what's new, what you like, etc...

RE: furst anime you have watched

Postby Hatori » Sat 11.05.2005 1:35 am

that was teh same with me. :P but i never really have seen too much of SailorMoon. i was too young, and plus, i nvr had cable. i used to watch just a bit at my bestfriend neighbor's house. and i also have seen some on a video of a few episodes my mum bought for his step sister.
我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。
lol
~ハトリ~
Hatori

Native language: English

Postby mr_pain » Sat 11.05.2005 6:59 am

"Tell me, what was the first anime you have watched (sic)". Enough grammar Nazism from me for the morning though.

In response, "Akira" when it first came out, then a long hiatus until I discovered fansubs and watched "Elfen Lied" (HIGHLY recommended).
mr_pain

Postby Infidel » Sat 11.05.2005 8:05 am

mr_pain wrote:
"Tell me, what was the first anime you have watched (sic)". Enough grammar Nazism from me for the morning though.

Last I looked [sic] was for quotes containing mispellings, not corrected quotes.

"tell me what was the furst anime you have watched [sic] "

I've no idea what the first anime I watched was. Starblazers, Speed Racer, ...some show where people flew in a plane that looked like a bird that carried 4 vehicles, one in each wing, one in the fusilage, and one in the tale. No idea what that was called.

Not anime but I remember Mighty Mouse, Felix the cat. And some Japanese show where people held their hands over their heads and turned into rockets. I loved that show.
Infidel

Native language: 英語

Postby mr_pain » Sat 11.05.2005 9:46 am

"used in brackets after a copied or quoted word that appears odd or erroneous to show that the word is quoted exactly as it stands in the original, as in a story must hold a child's interest and ‘enrich his (sic) life’." - "sic adverb" The Oxford Dictionary of English (revised edition). Ed. Catherine Soanes and Angus Stevenson. Oxford University Press, 2005. Oxford Reference Online. Oxford University Press. <http://www.oxfordreference.com/views/ENTRY.html?subview=Main&entry=t140.e71583>

I wasnt pointing out the misspelling (mainly because my spelling is very poor). I was just drawing attention to the poor sentance construction without further elaboration. Edit: And yes it probably would have been better to place it after the "have" *grin*.

I dont like/want to be grammar nazi, but seeing someone from England write such poor posts just irked me - HOWEVER I assume bobi_san is Japanese so he/she is QUITE welcome to shoot me down in flames due to my poor command of that language :)
Last edited by mr_pain on Sat 11.05.2005 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
mr_pain

Postby yamikei-jiru » Sat 11.05.2005 10:35 am

i have seen
sonic x
hamtaro
shaman king
uhh...
1 ep of sailor moon
yu-gi-oh
pokèmon

and i think it was in this order
pokèmon
yu-gi-oh
sailor moon
hamtaro
sonic x

but i like manga more now anyways
Yamikei,
Y.Bakura: MORTAL!
Yamikei: Oh, go away
Y.Bakura: Uhh..........NO! AND DO YOU KNOW WHY?!
Yamikei: surprise me
Y.Bakura: BECAUSE YOURE A BLEEDIN MOR- did you just use sacrasm on me?
Yamikei: *claps mockingly*
yamikei-jiru

Postby joneryk123 » Thu 11.10.2005 11:15 pm

Probably Sailor moon or pokemon, can't quite remember that far back
joneryk123

Postby alex_2096 » Fri 11.11.2005 7:42 am

sailor moon and dragonball, then cartoon network airred gundam wing/outlaw star and cowboy bebop (man they were awesome)
but then for years after that that was all that was on the tv (actually tenchi muyu appeared at some point) and well.... stupid english TV
alex_2096

Postby Volts » Fri 11.11.2005 12:42 pm

hmmm, I guess the first would have been Guyver, then Dragonball Z, Gundam Wing and Tenchi Muyo all on cartoon network. Worked my way up from there ;)
The seals that hold back the night shall weaken, and in the heart of winter shall winter\'s heart be born amid the wailing of lamentations and the gnashing of teeth, for winter\'s heart shall ride a black horse, and the name of it is Death.
Volts

Postby Tachi » Mon 11.21.2005 1:11 pm

I think Akira was probably the first "proper" Anime I saw, it was about 1992, and it was on BBC2's "extreme Japanese animation" late night TV spot. A year or so later, I bought the VHS, which was sadly in English, but still enjoyable. Last month, I had the chance to meet Cam Clarke (voice actor for Kaneda) and managed to get a few signatures off him. Which was nice.
Tachi

Postby Shinjitsu no Uta » Mon 11.21.2005 2:26 pm

Pokemon was the first anime I watched. I worshipped it back then, but now it is so cute I nearly threw up. I was sick that day anyway. My first real anime was Inuyasha. Now I watch Inuyasha, Naruto, FMA, FLCL, and Samurai Champloo.
My avvie is of Kakashi sensei getting punked.
Shinjitsu no Uta

Postby Apollo » Mon 11.21.2005 4:29 pm

Heh...I was young ok...I watched Sailor Moon...a lot I had a crush on her lol. And then over the years when Pokemon became popular I noticed that it was an anime lol.
Last edited by Apollo on Mon 11.21.2005 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MY SIG IMAGE WAS OVER 100 PIXELS HIGH AND THE ADMINS SMOTE IT WITH A HAMMER OF SMITING.
Apollo

RE: first anime you have watched

Postby huskobon » Fri 12.02.2005 7:15 pm

I'd say Neon Genesis Evangelion was my first. From that point on, I wanted to watch more anime ... lots more. ^_^
huskobon

Postby spank » Fri 12.02.2005 7:46 pm

so is anime just japanese animation or is it a particular style of japanese animation?

i first saw astro-boy when i was 5. were the original transformers and inspector gadget cartoons considered anime ?
spank

Postby huskobon » Fri 12.02.2005 8:09 pm

spank wrote:
were the original transformers and inspector gadget cartoons considered anime ?

That's something I was wondering too. I think they were.
huskobon

Postby kirama » Sat 12.03.2005 3:53 am

hi mina -san the anime i watched was salior moon when i was little i have been hooked on anime ever since i watch it like everyday
p.s my spellings bad to due poor tying :)
Last edited by kirama on Sat 12.03.2005 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
kirama

PreviousNext

Return to Anime and Manga Discussions