Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Favourite Japanese Music?

Favourite Japanese Music?

Japanese, general discussion on the language

Favourite Japanese Music?

Postby Kodi » Mon 03.07.2005 6:25 pm

Hmm what is your favourite Japanes Music. (I would ask this in japanese but I am lacking a bit of vocab to fill out a sentance hehe).

Ayumi Hamasaki, I have been listening to for a looong time now. Several from anime series like Ghost in the Shell, Chobits (hehe), and a few other artists. It's hard to find the good artists though? What do you lot listen too?
Kodi

RE: Favourite Japanese Music?

Postby mxtheory » Mon 03.07.2005 8:25 pm

Mondo Grosso (love 光 feat. UA), DJ Krush, the Cowboy Bebop soundtrack, Asian Kung Fu Generation, Mr. Children (first heard them in a Cup Noodle commercial while in Japan), Yuzu to name a few.
mxtheory

Postby TokyoRoze » Mon 03.07.2005 8:54 pm

Mr children is cool
Hiragana: 0/46
Katakana 0/46
Kanji: Kyuu4:0/80
TokyoRoze

Postby sakura » Mon 03.07.2005 9:13 pm

I like to listen to Card Captor Sakura songs(There are A LOT of songs just from that show and they're awesome !!) I also listen to other anime themes but CCS are the main songs I listen to and I also like that song from Rurouni Kenshin 'Heart of Sword'. Its an awesome song. Thats mostly about it. And I like that Teen Titans theme song from Ami Yumi :D

Does anyone know any Japanese artisits that are well known here or in Japan? I'd like to listen to their songs if anyone knows any :)
sakura

Postby OnlyJedi » Mon 03.07.2005 9:41 pm

My two favorite Japanese artists by far are Yoko Kanno ("Cowboy Bebop", "Escaflowne", "Ghost in the Shell", and many others) and Joe Hisaishi ("Mononoke Hime", pretty much anything Ghibli). They both have a style that sets them apart from the standard J-Pop other artists tend have. I'm also fond of the music from "Shin Seiki Evangelion"; the sheer amount of music written for it alone, along with the different renditions (anyone who has seen the track list for the S2 Works knows what I mean) is staggering. On the more J-Pop side, I love the songs from the various "Slayers" series.
OnlyJedi

Postby Riley » Tue 03.08.2005 11:44 am

I just love Maaya Sakamoto....and other soundtracks from anime as long as it's good...one song that I really love is "kiseki no umi" by Maaya Sakamoto and I listen to it every few minutes :D
Riley

Postby Daisuke » Tue 03.08.2005 12:58 pm

I listen to anime music...
Daisuke
Site Admin

Postby Kodi » Tue 03.08.2005 2:51 pm

run rabbit junk by yoko kanno is sweet. (oh hang on, thats english lyrics LOL!). The intro for ghost in the shell is quite nice. But I can't remember the proper name (nvr mind).
Last edited by Kodi on Tue 03.08.2005 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kodi

Postby hihlordjp » Wed 03.09.2005 4:37 am

I like... Hikaru Utada (or Utada Hikaru, if you will). I like her melodies, her beats. She can get really funky. I also like BoA's danceable pop music. She's a very good dancer, a powerful singer. (She's Korean, but she sings in Japanese, too). There's also a little bit of Mr. Children, GLAY, Ayumi Hamasaki, Miwako Okuda, DEEN, Rimi Natsukawa... I could go on and on. :p
俺様は何時か此の地球の帝王に成るぞ!
...ジョウダンだよ。ヘヘ ^^;;

「君という光が私を見つける // 真夜中に」-- 「光」という歌より(歌手:宇多田ヒカル)
hihlordjp

Postby Kodi » Wed 03.09.2005 1:33 pm

where can i download japanese music from? It's hard to find japanese mp3s on WinMX and the like to try out. I want to try some more music, I don't have the money to buy every album lol so I could do with being able to try some tracks to see if there are more artists I like.
Kodi

Postby nef919 » Wed 03.09.2005 6:49 pm

Anyone remember Loudness? That'll date you for sure. I'm sure there have to be other dinosaurs on this site that can remember them.
Donde la malicia es la pista. Donde el Diablo vive y Dios solo va de visita.
http://nefsrant.blogspot.com/
nef919

Postby Kodi » Wed 03.09.2005 7:00 pm

wat like godzilla?
Kodi

Postby dreamingxashley » Wed 03.09.2005 7:13 pm

Kodi wrote:
run rabbit junk by yoko kanno is sweet. (oh hang on, thats english lyrics LOL!). The intro for ghost in the shell is quite nice. But I can't remember the proper name (nvr mind).

Inner Universe is the opening song for Ghost in the Shell: SAC, and Lithium Flower is the ending song. :) I used to have nearly the whole OST on my hard drive, but then media player deleted the folder some how... *rolls her eyes*

:D

Whats my favourite music? Right now its the soundtrack for Kannaduki no Miko *fangirlish squeals* ^_^
--Ashley
dreamingxashley

RE: daisukina....

Postby chitra » Wed 03.09.2005 7:37 pm

Hamasaki ayumi wa sugoi demo... Chara wa ichiban!
^______^

ケーキが だいすき です!
chitra

RE: I like

Postby danny_mack » Wed 03.09.2005 9:11 pm

Fukuyama Masaharu, Kome Kome Club (Eeven though its old), and Ken Hirai is ok.
danny_mack

Next

Return to Japanese General Discussion