Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Life in Japan, real or not?!

Life in Japan, real or not?!

Post questions and answers about living or visiting Japan or the culture

Re: Life in Japan, real or not?!

Postby AJBryant » Mon 12.22.2008 12:40 am

john2 wrote:Es seht aus wie die Japanischen laden in Deutschland.
Entschuldigung aber mein browser ist nicht rechtschreibungs compatible.
It looks like Japanese shops in Germany.
sorry but my browser isn't spellings compatible.*

AJBryant wrote:Ich habbe definitive Probbirt .
Ferdamnte sheise, manche von diesen sind ABSCHEUSLICH besonders die station tolletend, zum ende der nacht, es ist alsob leute die tollete versuchen zu kaken.
Well, I certainly tried.
Tony†

Holy crap, some of those things are HORRIBLE -- especially station toilets toward the end of the day. God, it's like people *try* to miss. With the "big one". Ick.

Tony

Sie möchten nicht zuruch nach den fereinigten-staten.
You don't want to return to american.

*Hier macht Deutsch mehr sin. German makes more sense,
†Potentiel falsche übersetzung english original, Potentially wrong translation English original,

What the hell is this?

John, if you can't post with more relevance and transparency, we shall have to do something.

Tony
AJBryant
Site Admin

Native language: English

Postby Mike Cash » Mon 12.22.2008 6:53 am

john2 wrote:
Harisenbon wrote:To me, the things foreigners usually complain about in Japan (powerlines, toilets, showers, cleaning ears at work, people not saying what they mean) are not the problems with Japan that people should be worrying about.

I think it's rather pathetic, to compliain about those things it’s one of those things that makes little sense to complain about because it would be very hard to change.

How very fortunate for the slaves in ante-bellum America that you weren't around then.
Never underestimate my capacity for pettiness.
Mike Cash

Postby Dehitay » Mon 12.22.2008 10:43 am

Mike Cash wrote:
john2 wrote:
Harisenbon wrote:To me, the things foreigners usually complain about in Japan (powerlines, toilets, showers, cleaning ears at work, people not saying what they mean) are not the problems with Japan that people should be worrying about.

I think it's rather pathetic, to compliain about those things it’s one of those things that makes little sense to complain about because it would be very hard to change.

How very fortunate for the slaves in ante-bellum America that you weren't around then.

The slaves had problems with plentiful powerlines, squat toilets instead of thrones, bathing instead of showering, and cleaning ears at work? Now I'm curious what ante-bellum American slavery is.
www.bananamonkeyninja.com
The only webcomic endorsed by Banana Monkey Ninja
Dehitay

Postby Mike Cash » Mon 12.22.2008 7:39 pm

I'll assume you're being deliberately obtuse for comedic purposes.
Mike Cash

Postby two_heads_talking » Tue 12.23.2008 10:25 am

Mike Cash wrote:I'll assume you're being deliberately obtuse for comedic purposes.

Either that or he's just trying to get under your skin.. /wink
two_heads_talking

Postby Dehitay » Tue 12.23.2008 11:41 am

Nope, it's because I doubted slaves complained about let alone even had much of any of those 4 things. I had to go look up ante-bellum in order to make sure it didn't denote a different kind of slavery than I was thinking of, but it seems to be pretty much the same one. If Mike is talking about complaining in general, I could understand; but his blunt manner of phrasing things makes it look like he's just taking a pop shot at john2.
www.bananamonkeyninja.com
The only webcomic endorsed by Banana Monkey Ninja
Dehitay

Postby two_heads_talking » Tue 12.23.2008 12:53 pm

Dehitay wrote:Nope, it's because I doubted slaves complained about let alone even had much of any of those 4 things. I had to go look up ante-bellum in order to make sure it didn't denote a different kind of slavery than I was thinking of, but it seems to be pretty much the same one. If Mike is talking about complaining in general, I could understand; but his blunt manner of phrasing things makes it look like he's just taking a pop shot at john2.

I think Mike was taking a shot at John2, similar to how you took a shot at Mike.. just in jest, of course, if you just took a pop at Mike to be terse, then I am completely baffled..
two_heads_talking

Postby Mike Cash » Wed 12.24.2008 9:15 am

I thought what I wrote was transparent enough, but I will be glad to clarify for you if you truly didn't get it.

My comment was in response to John2's statement that it makes no sense to complain about things that are hard to change. I don't know if they teach American History in schools anymore these days, but the act of abolishing slavery in the United States did not begin and end with Honest Abe signing the Emancipation Proclamation. It was a long, hard fight and one which met with a lot of resentment and fervent opposition. It had been going on to one degree or another from the very founding of the country.

If everyone back then had thought it made no sense to complain about things that are hard to change then the slaves would have remained in bondage. Hence my comment about how very fortunate for them it was that he was not around back then.
Mike Cash

Postby john2 » Sat 01.10.2009 10:25 pm

I just like to mention that what I said has been severnly over interpreted.———,
I didn't mean that things aren't worth changing…… even if it’s hard. I was just a bit annoyed at some of the commentary…… change this change that……, At most i was reffering to tine-tiny changes.
john2

Postby Mike Cash » Sun 01.11.2009 3:30 am

john2 wrote:I just like to mention that what I said has been severnly over interpreted.———,

It wasn't severely over-interpreted. It was used as the springboard for a gratuitous smartassed remark.
Mike Cash

Postby keatonatron » Sun 01.11.2009 10:26 am

john2 wrote:I just like to mention that what I said has been severnly over interpreted.———,
I didn't mean that things aren't worth changing…… even if it’s hard. I was just a bit annoyed at some of the commentary…… change this change that……, At most i was reffering to tine-tiny changes.

Severnly: The cross between severely and sternly.

Awesome, I'm going to use that one.

"I got in trouble and was severnly scolded by the teacher" :lol:
keatonatron

Postby chikara » Sun 01.11.2009 7:35 pm

keatonatron wrote:
john2 wrote:I just like to mention that what I said has been severnly over interpreted ......

Severnly: The cross between severely and sternly. ......

"Severnly" means "long and flowing" and comes from the Severn river which is the longest river in Great Britain ;)
Don't complain to me that people kick you when you're down. It's your own fault for lying there
chikara

Native language: English (Australian)

Postby john2 » Sun 02.01.2009 10:35 pm

quote tony: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
john2

Postby alexintianjin » Thu 05.21.2009 10:00 am

To all those who posted regarding the squat toilets,

I have never been to Japan yet. However, I have used squat toilets in Taiwan and Mainland China. The worst I have ever seen was in a public privy on the outskirts of a small, undeveloped village in the Hebei countryside. I doubt that there is a washroom so dirty in all of Canada (my country of origin). Perhaps a stronger man could bring himself to use it, but it was beyond me.

So to the original poster... you ain't seen nothing yet!
alexintianjin

Previous

Return to Culture and Info about living in Japan