Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - "dating rules in japan"

"dating rules in japan"

Post questions and answers about living or visiting Japan or the culture

Re: "dating rules in japan"

Postby Dehitay » Sat 12.20.2008 3:30 pm

CajunCoder wrote:The most rewarding things in life - whether it be building relationships with people or creating works of art, take time, and are best done with care and patience.

That sucks for me. I'm massively impatient. Hell, I recently spent hours complaining about how boring the graduation ceremony was in hopes of convincing my parents not to come so I wouldn't have to go through it. And to make matters worse, I forgot the sudoku book I was planning on bringing so I had absolutely nothing to do throughout the 3 hour waste of life.
www.bananamonkeyninja.com
The only webcomic endorsed by Banana Monkey Ninja
Dehitay

Native language: English

Postby two_heads_talking » Sat 12.20.2008 4:33 pm

Dehitay wrote:
CajunCoder wrote:The most rewarding things in life - whether it be building relationships with people or creating works of art, take time, and are best done with care and patience.

That sucks for me. I'm massively impatient. Hell, I recently spent hours complaining about how boring the graduation ceremony was in hopes of convincing my parents not to come so I wouldn't have to go through it. And to make matters worse, I forgot the sudoku book I was planning on bringing so I had absolutely nothing to do throughout the 3 hour waste of life.

Patience is one of those things like maturity that seems so far out of reach in a daily hunt. However, years later, in hindsight, we see that with just a little more of both at different times in our lives, it would have been much easier. YMMV of course.

You will also find that the 3 hour "waste of time" you call your graduation was nothing compared to the 8.5 hours that mine took. however, with friends and whispers, we kept ourselves intertained, while everyone else looked bored to tears.. lol.. We didn't have text capability in 1985, so we couldn't even do the text thing either.. lol
two_heads_talking

Postby Sairana » Sun 12.21.2008 12:22 am

Dehitay wrote:Personally, in that case, I still think it's better that things worked out that way cause it saves some time. I would prefer jumping into things, figuring out it was a bad idea, and breaking up rather than spending a significant amount of time together, never getting anywhere, eventually realizing you're not meant for each other, and then breaking up.

Because you still ignore the emotional aspect attached to sex for women. (Not that there aren't women who are exceptions that prove the rule.)

You don't want to "waste time" getting emotionally involved. Get to know her better quick and easy, and break up if it falls apart. Nevermind that she is already emotionally invested in you now that she's slept with you. Nevermind that your seduction techniques convinced her to trust you and believe in you, only to have you decide that it's just not "meant to be".

It's ignorant and cruel to treat most women that way. If she knows what you're doing up front, that's one thing. But your talk of "seduction techniques" implicates otherwise. You must convince them to sleep with you early.... and that is a sad, sad thing.
Sairana

Native language: (US) English

Postby BrianM » Sun 12.21.2008 1:00 am

I honestly don't know how anyone can open up a relationship with a woman(or man) by having sex off the bat.
I have friends who just want to have sex with anyone at any time, I simply reject that idea because you don't know what your getting yourself into.

I agree with the idea of being yourself.....actually I have found that if you do not pay attention to a significant person for a bit, they will start to pay more attention to you.
The fact is that every woman is different, and being in Japan is no different as every country has its "cultural rules"

Best of luck!
BrianM

Native language: English/Portuguese

Postby john2 » Sun 12.21.2008 2:29 pm

CajunCoder wrote:By the sound of it, I suppose we have very different philosophies.

So, dating and sex, then, is something you do often in hopes of hitting upon the right person?

I wait until I know enough about the other person to be pretty sure of whether or not I'm "compatible" with them or not, so when I were to pursue a relationship, I can be patient, and allow it to develop naturally. The most rewarding things in life - whether it be building relationships with people or creating works of art, take time, and are best done with care and patience.

I think living should[and is] it's own reward.
john2

Postby two_heads_talking » Mon 12.22.2008 10:11 am

john2 wrote:I think living should[and is] it's own reward.

should what? eat? be? fire? destroy? ...... :?: :?:
two_heads_talking

Postby seductionsamurai » Tue 12.23.2008 2:25 am

Interesting discussion. I thought I might chime in.

I'm the author of the book "How To Date And Seduce A Japanese Woman In Less Than One Month... Guaranteed!" that was originally mentioned in this thread, of which uberscheisse states he is 'not even interested'.

That's fine. I have no problem with that. Each person is different and, depending on their current situation and past experience, will be looking for and be open to different things at different times in their life.

The only reason I am making the book available is because, for me, it was the first real advice I received - exactly what I needed - that actually gave results.

By results, I mean, yes, I dated and slept with a Japanese woman in less than one month. But I'm not just a walking penis and I want more than sex. That's why we also then stayed together for 3 years. And for someone like me who had never had a steady girlfriend, this was nothing short of a miracle, an awesome experience.

Sex was part of our relationship, of course. But so was a completely higher level of intimacy where I was able to open up to her like I never had before with anyone else (especially while we lived together).

I'm not trying to defend myself because I have nothing to defend. I'm just presenting my experience. And I am sure that there are other guys out there who would kill for a similar experience. Add to that, I am sure there are Japanese women who would kill for the same experience... if only us guys got out of our own head and actually took action!

Once I did find out for myself what happens when you do take action, I realized that there was nothing hypey about what had been passed on to me regarding dating Japanese women, nor is there anything hypey about what you will find at my website. It is real advice for real guys who want to be with real Japanese women.

Like I say in the book, how you choose to apply the information depends on your personal experience, current desires and expectations etc.

With that - meaning if your intentions are honorable and non-threatening - the difference I see is simple. You can either:

a) For months on end, get to know a Japanese woman, as friends. All the while, wanting to be close to her, wanting to be intimate, yet never really knowing if it was appropriate to ‘make a move’ or even how to, nor even knowing whether she was interested in you the same way

Or

b) In the space of one month, ask out a Japanese woman, get to know her just enough where you both feel comfortable around each other and then sleep together. Not only that, but also have the option of really getting to know her for the following months and years (or however long you want), becoming closer and more intimate with each passing day

When you take away manners, social rules, decorum, and all the voices in your head of what you 'should' be and do, it's relatively obvious which option is more desirable.

When it comes down to it, women are women. And that's what the information I present embraces.
Sammy Sanders

Discover the golden key for dating Japanese women that was revealed by a Japanese seduction master - a man who has years of practical application dating and seducing over 150 Japanese women - at http://www.JapaneseDatingSecrets.com/
seductionsamurai

Postby Sairana » Tue 12.23.2008 2:41 am

Discover the golden key for dating Japanese women that was revealed by a Japanese seduction master - a man who has years of practical application dating and seducing over 150 Japanese women - at http://www.JapaneseDatingSecrets.com/

What things like this don't tell you is how most of those women felt after the relationship ended. Used? Cheated? Gypped? Do you think they should get down on their knees and thank you for "liberating" them from social dogma surrounding sex?

I'd like to see what research you've done in THAT area. Think you could poll your previous 150 lovers and publish it somewhere? That'd be great. Thanks!
Sairana

Postby seductionsamurai » Tue 12.23.2008 6:03 am

I'm sure there are women (Japanese and non-Japanese) who have felt used, cheated and gypped - as you put it - by guys who have never been exposed to the information I present - just from regular guys who are generally insensitive and who don't feel empathy. There are plenty of them going around.

On the flipside, I know of many guys who have used the information I present to meet and marry the Japanese woman of their dreams, guys who would have felt inhibited and overly self-conscious to the point of never even asking their eventual life-partner out.

My point is, like I said, how each person chooses to apply the information depends on their personal experience, current desires and expectations etc., just like a guy who chooses an alternate path to dating a Japanese woman.
Sammy Sanders

seductionsamurai

Postby john2 » Tue 12.23.2008 9:10 am

seductionsamurai wrote:I'm sure there are women (Japanese and non-Japanese) who have felt used, cheated and gypped - as you put it - by guys who have never been exposed to the information I present - just from regular guys who are generally insensitive and who don't feel empathy. There are plenty of them going around.[/1]

On the flipside, I know of many guys who have used the information I present to meet and marry the Japanese woman of their dreams, guys who would have felt inhibited and overly self-conscious to the point of never even asking their eventual life-partner out.[/2]

My point is, like I said, how each person chooses to apply the information depends on their personal experience, current desires and expectations etc., just like a guy who chooses an alternate path to dating a Japanese woman.[/3]

[r1]That is what I call a major fail,--- not a success. does the word 愛 mean anything to you.[/r1]
[r2]Ah hem such a vague statement what do you mean by manny? how manny is manny? 1 10 100 1000?[/r2]
[r3] :lol: Basically arbitrary biblical interpretation, basically it is as valuable as opening your browser window and going to ixhtttpsoft://www.l.org/ or looking at a blank piece of paper and starting you read. or do you have any basic point that stays the same?[/r3]
john2

Postby Sairana » Tue 12.23.2008 3:45 pm

seductionsamurai wrote:I'm sure there are women (Japanese and non-Japanese) who have felt used, cheated and gypped - as you put it - by guys who have never been exposed to the information I present - just from regular guys who are generally insensitive and who don't feel empathy. There are plenty of them going around.

Close, but no cigar.

Your response pretends to be sympathetic "I'm sure there are some women who have felt used, cheated, and gypped [snip]", and appears that you are responding to what I actually asked without ACTUALLY answering it. I'm afraid the "mimic things she says" doesn't work so well outside the romantic context.

I was wondering about your "over 150 women". How has your "technique" affected them after the fact? Do they think you're a jerk now? Are you still friends with all or even most of them? Did they know beforehand how many women you had seduced this way, and how long you spent with those women, or do you just kind of leave that part out? You don't feel that you're at all deceptive?

How old are you? Let's be generous and say you're 50, and started your seduction practices at 20. You spent 3 years with one girl. That leaves 149 seductions over the space of 27 years... meaning you switched girlfriends about every two months or so on average, not accounting for time "between girlfriends" or dating more than one at a time.

So, I'd still like to know what your research tells you about the aftermath.... for the WOMEN, not for the guys who have successfully bagged one or more Japanese women thanks to your method.
Sairana

Postby two_heads_talking » Tue 12.23.2008 4:01 pm

according to the Sammy himself, he started at age 25 and knew nothing at that point.. Sammy also claims that the "Yoda" who is bored with sharing this method has asked him to do it for him.. Hey and it's all just 15 dollars..

I'll just save my 15 dollars.. What a crock of crap. Yeah, I'm on the floor laughing my ass off.
two_heads_talking

Postby AJBryant » Tue 12.23.2008 8:27 pm

Actually, I'm a bit disgusted.

Tony
AJBryant
Site Admin

Postby nukemarine » Wed 12.24.2008 6:19 am

I distrust any book with the word guarenteed. More so as with one aimed at the idea you can get "any" lady you want. Sorry, not every lady is going to be interested in you past the initial hi. I`m assuming the Japanese portion of the title means he plays on some cultural differences that give gaijin an advantage, which kinda takes it away from seduction and more into harvesting.

You want to know a basic truth? Real seduction is simple and is not cheap tricks, lies, and deception. It boils down to approaching a lady with confidence (wow, big shocker there). Next, always look her in the eyes (what, you mean not concentrating on her turns her off?). Always connect with her when she`s happy or laughing (hold up, is this some psycho-babble that associates you touching her and happy moments?). Keep progressing from there. There`s no tricks or gimmicks if you keep it basic.

This works for guys and girls. If someone does not look you in the eyes, you feel there`s something wrong with you. If they touch you and you are in a bad mood, deep down you associate the two. If you don`t go beyond the elbow (best, non-agrresive first contact area), then that`s all you`ll get. You could say its getting that whole "I`ll wait for a definate signal" mindset out of your head.

Now, if you have such a low opinion of women that you think they cannot handle sex unless it`s a commited relationship, then that`s you. Granted, I have not looked at that guy`s book. If he`s suggesting deception (lying about job, social status, promises of marriage, bribes, etc) well, I can see how that leads to a bad feeling on the lady`s part. I`m of the opinion many women (and men) can have pleasure with sex and want to have sex. That we`ve survived as a species for 2 million years kind of supports that opinion.
nukemarine

Postby seductionsamurai » Wed 12.24.2008 7:38 am

I liked your post, nukemarine. You make a good point that real seduction is simple and is not cheap tricks, lies and deception. If someone actually read my book (which you admitted you haven't - thank you for making the point), they would realize that it focuses on exactly what you said works, but in a tried and tested structured way.

I do not encourage lying about your job, social status or any of that other stuff. That's an empty approach. I even admit I was unemployed at the time, which my girlfriend knew. I was also unshaven, among other things. Basically, I was a bum.

There are no deceptive "techniques", Sairana, and since I am not the one who has slept with over 150 Japanese women, I can't tell you how those women feel now about their experience. But I'm glad somebody read at least part of my website, two_heads_talking, (as opposed to glancing at my signature) before jumping to not-so-unexpected assumptions. Afterward is another story. Assumption is the mother of all...

What I can tell you is that every Japanese woman I have been with is still friends and we keep in contact.

And that was my point, john2, to which you made the "arbitrary biblical interpretation" reference. That is, a guy can apply the information I present to become close to the woman he is attracted to. But just because it works, doesn't mean he is going to repeat it 150 times (obviously an extreme). In fact, most of if not all the guys who come to my site have a long-term relationship in mind. What I give them is a jump-start to experiencing that.

As for this comment,
john2 wrote:[r1]That is what I call a major fail,--- not a success.

that was my point - guys "fail" on their own all the time.

does the word 愛 mean anything to you.[/r1]

You're not coming on to me, are you? ;)
Sammy Sanders

seductionsamurai

PreviousNext

Return to Culture and Info about living in Japan