Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - "dating rules in japan"

"dating rules in japan"

Post questions and answers about living or visiting Japan or the culture

Re: "dating rules in japan"

Postby seductionsamurai » Wed 12.24.2008 8:16 am

Redirecting back to the intent of this thread...
uberscheisse wrote:Yeah, I had hoped that there was a primer on dating customs/rules that wasn't as offensive as the book I described in my OP.

... here you go!
Sammy Sanders

Discover the golden key for dating Japanese women that was revealed by a Japanese seduction master - a man who has years of practical application dating and seducing over 150 Japanese women - at http://www.JapaneseDatingSecrets.com/
seductionsamurai

Native language: English

Postby uberscheisse » Wed 12.24.2008 9:24 am

update - (and i just realized after typing 3/4 of this post that i've not been capitalizing. sorry, i've had a few beers and i really don't feel like editing right now.)

i followed all advice given, and i also followed my instincts.

knew full well that i may not even get a goodbye kiss, so didn't plan for it.

last week, we went to an izakaya, had some fun and then walked home (40 minute walk, something she never does). fun times.

took her out for christmas eve today. visited a local shrine, tossed money and clapped hands. went to an italian restaurant and then looked at the christmas lights around the station.

first thing i did that worked in my favor - bought her a small bouquet of flowers. turns out gerbera daisies are also her favorite, lucky move on my part. she seemed surprised and touched.

second thing - as soon as we arrived at the temple, i grabbed her hand. she didn't blanche or vomit, so i thought i was doing fine.

during dinner, i told her straight-up that the reason i invited her out was that i liked her very much. she got kinda quiet after that and i thought things would go way south.

we ended up at the beach for a few hours doing the classic highschool "inspiration point" thing. seems she likes me back.

i discussed dating rules with her a bit and she seems a lot less "old fashioned" than she claimed she was.

all in all, a very pleasant learning experience.
uberscheisse

Native language: 英語

Postby john2 » Wed 12.24.2008 9:53 am

seductionsamurai wrote:As for this comment,
[quote=][r1]That is what I call a major fail,--- not a success.

that was my point - guys "fail" on their own all the time.[/quote]
No that’s a missunderstanding with major fail I mean loose loose utter fail.
,not just one or several minor mistakes.
again tell me something consistent about your method.
seductionsamurai wrote:
does the word 愛 mean anything to you.[/r1]

You're not coming on to me, are you? ;)

NO-……If you don't understand my culture,[Were that means your an Ars] by what standard should I expect you too understand Japanese culture?

I think your failure at ‘subtle’ communication proves beyond all doubt that being knowledgeable in the mundane is more important than faqing “150” women.
Your form of communication is beyond all reasonable doubt obtuse.

seductionsamurai wrote:And that was my point, john2, to which you made the "arbitrary biblical interpretation" reference. That is, a guy can apply the information I present to become close to the woman he is attracted to. But just because it works, doesn't mean he is going to repeat it 150 times (obviously an extreme). In fact, most of if not all the guys who come to my site have a long-term relationship in mind. What I give them is a jump-start to experiencing that.

You have failed to tell me anything to the contrary what is consistent your methods are like mere probabillity the interpretation of the bible vary as much as the difference between it’s readers. It can be interpreted so vastly, Id only need to pop out the bible to prove anything. The point is not to compare it too the bible but to mention you’re books worthless nature the bibbles value is cultural. As you have not proven to understand even European suffice to say an ounce of any western culture I’m aware of, I sincerely see you have only looked but not read or seen my remark.
john2

Postby uberscheisse » Wed 12.24.2008 12:01 pm

Yeah, yeah. Let's shift the argument towards how awesome my second date with my intended was.

New rule - if you're not posting about how awesome me or my lady friend are - do it over PM. In return, I promise to adhere to proper punctuation and grammar when they've been requested.
uberscheisse

Postby Dehitay » Wed 12.24.2008 2:09 pm

uberscheisse wrote:Yeah, yeah. Let's shift the argument towards how awesome my second date with my intended was.

New rule - if you're not posting about how awesome me or my lady friend are - do it over PM. In return, I promise to adhere to proper punctuation and grammar when they've been requested.

That was your 2nd date? I thought you were just now trying to start dating. How did your first date go? From what you said, things look good and I hope they progress even better for the both of you.
www.bananamonkeyninja.com
The only webcomic endorsed by Banana Monkey Ninja
Dehitay

Postby uberscheisse » Wed 12.24.2008 8:43 pm

Dehitay wrote:That was your 2nd date? I thought you were just now trying to start dating. How did your first date go? From what you said, things look good and I hope they progress even better for the both of you.

Well i am not sure that she was aware that date 1 was a "date". I took her out to an Izakaya to celebrate passing the test she helped me prepare for. We had fun, as we always do on Tuesdays and Fridays.

The funniest thing is, I asked her "Before today, did you know I liked you?" and she replied, "No, I thought ______ (name of my lesbian coworker) was your girlfriend!" because I had mentioned her during a lesson.
uberscheisse

Postby two_heads_talking » Mon 12.29.2008 9:58 am

uberscheisse wrote:Yeah, yeah. Let's shift the argument towards how awesome my second date with my intended was.

Sorry to inform you of this, but you are in no position to add or addendum new rules, however, you are still required to follow forum dictorum or face the possible consequences of temporary or even permanent banning.. The choice is yours..

or in the words of the Antagonist in SAW.... Do you want to play a game?
two_heads_talking

Postby uberscheisse » Mon 12.29.2008 10:02 am

two_heads_talking wrote:

Sorry to inform you of this, but you are in no position to add or addendum new rules, however, you are still required to follow forum dictorum or face the possible consequences of temporary or even permanent banning.. The choice is yours..

Sure thing, Pointdexter.
uberscheisse

Postby two_heads_talking » Mon 12.29.2008 10:30 am

uberscheisse wrote:
two_heads_talking wrote:

Sure thing, Pointdexter.

I believe "jigsaw" is the appropriate name. But, if Poindexter is your preference, then Poindexter it is.. (I've always considered myself socially inept, but your praise of my intellect is unexpected and a bit shocking.. It won't however, get you out of following the rules.. )
two_heads_talking

Postby Dehitay » Mon 12.29.2008 11:06 am

two_heads_talking wrote:Sorry to inform you of this, but you are in no position to add or addendum new rules, however, you are still required to follow forum dictorum or face the possible consequences of temporary or even permanent banning.. The choice is yours..

I'm rather sure he's more than aware of this. His idea for a new rule most likely wasn't a demand, but a request for not being an ass.
www.bananamonkeyninja.com
The only webcomic endorsed by Banana Monkey Ninja
Dehitay

Postby two_heads_talking » Mon 12.29.2008 1:25 pm

Dehitay wrote:
two_heads_talking wrote:Sorry to inform you of this, but you are in no position to add or addendum new rules, however, you are still required to follow forum dictorum or face the possible consequences of temporary or even permanent banning.. The choice is yours..

I'm rather sure he's more than aware of this. His idea for a new rule most likely wasn't a demand, but a request for not being an ass.

Oh, was my sarcasm not that apparent? Hmmm, I must be slipping.. For his request to have any merit, he'd first have to quit being one himself.. Somehow, I doubt that will happen any time soon.
two_heads_talking

Postby uberscheisse » Mon 12.29.2008 8:30 pm

two_heads_talking wrote:
Dehitay wrote:

Oh, was my sarcasm not that apparent? Hmmm, I must be slipping.. For his request to have any merit, he'd first have to quit being one himself.. Somehow, I doubt that will happen any time soon.

People digressed and got way off topic, Jeeves. Somehow I think that's probably against some rule in the FAQ, but I'm going to go on a road trip with my lovely lady in about an hour and have to pack the car. No time to check - I'll let you cover strict adherence to the rules, if you're not busy.
uberscheisse

Postby richvh » Mon 12.29.2008 9:19 pm

Actually, there's nothing against topic drift in the FAQ, and those of us on the admin team make no attempt to prevent it, though there are a few topics we try to keep people away from - politics and religion, principally, though just about anything that looks like it's generating a fight will likely get a lock.
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

Postby Infidel » Mon 12.29.2008 10:01 pm

They keep religion off topic because they've seen me go off before P)
なるほど。
さっぱりわからん。
Infidel

Postby uberscheisse » Tue 12.30.2008 10:35 am

richvh wrote:Actually, there's nothing against topic drift in the FAQ, and those of us on the admin team make no attempt to prevent it, though there are a few topics we try to keep people away from - politics and religion, principally, though just about anything that looks like it's generating a fight will likely get a lock.

Well I promise to wait until I see the word "MOD" beside two_heads_talking's name before I start heeding her advice.
uberscheisse

PreviousNext

Return to Culture and Info about living in Japan