Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - "dating rules in japan"

"dating rules in japan"

Post questions and answers about living or visiting Japan or the culture

Re: "dating rules in japan"

Postby two_heads_talking » Tue 12.30.2008 3:40 pm

uberscheisse wrote:
richvh wrote:Actually, there's nothing against topic drift in the FAQ, and those of us on the admin team make no attempt to prevent it, though there are a few topics we try to keep people away from - politics and religion, principally, though just about anything that looks like it's generating a fight will likely get a lock.


Well I promise to wait until I see the word "MOD" beside two_heads_talking's name before I start heeding her advice.


Friendly advice doesn't need MOD next to it.. And for future reference two_heads_talking is a he.. Care to step on your tongue anymore?
User avatar
two_heads_talking
 
Posts: 4137
Joined: Thu 04.06.2006 4:03 pm
Native language: English

Re: "dating rules in japan"

Postby uberscheisse » Tue 12.30.2008 3:42 pm

two_heads_talking wrote:
uberscheisse wrote:
richvh wrote:Actually, there's nothing against topic drift in the FAQ, and those of us on the admin team make no attempt to prevent it, though there are a few topics we try to keep people away from - politics and religion, principally, though just about anything that looks like it's generating a fight will likely get a lock.


Well I promise to wait until I see the word "MOD" beside two_heads_talking's name before I start heeding her advice.


Friendly advice doesn't need MOD next to it.. And for future reference two_heads_talking is a he.. Care to step on your tongue anymore?


That wasn't stepping on my tongue. Nobody steps on their tongue intentionally.
uberscheisse
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri 08.17.2007 10:13 am
Location: 茨城県鹿島市
Native language: 英語
Gender: Male

Re: "dating rules in japan"

Postby two_heads_talking » Tue 12.30.2008 3:45 pm

Stepping on one's tongue and putting one's foot in ones' mouth are never done intentionally, nevertheless, the results are still the same.
User avatar
two_heads_talking
 
Posts: 4137
Joined: Thu 04.06.2006 4:03 pm
Native language: English

Re: "dating rules in japan"

Postby uberscheisse » Tue 12.30.2008 3:57 pm

two_heads_talking wrote:Stepping on one's tongue and putting one's foot in ones' mouth are never done intentionally, nevertheless, the results are still the same.


Sophomoric emasculation of a pedant is completely different, however.
uberscheisse
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri 08.17.2007 10:13 am
Location: 茨城県鹿島市
Native language: 英語
Gender: Male

Re: "dating rules in japan"

Postby two_heads_talking » Tue 12.30.2008 5:29 pm

uberscheisse wrote:
two_heads_talking wrote:Stepping on one's tongue and putting one's foot in ones' mouth are never done intentionally, nevertheless, the results are still the same.


Sophomoric emasculation of a pedant is completely different, however.


Oh, I haven't been sophomoric since 1986..
User avatar
two_heads_talking
 
Posts: 4137
Joined: Thu 04.06.2006 4:03 pm
Native language: English

Re: "dating rules in japan"

Postby uberscheisse » Tue 12.30.2008 5:40 pm

two_heads_talking wrote:
uberscheisse wrote:
two_heads_talking wrote:Stepping on one's tongue and putting one's foot in ones' mouth are never done intentionally, nevertheless, the results are still the same.


Sophomoric emasculation of a pedant is completely different, however.


Oh, I haven't been sophomoric since 1986..


Giving up sophomoric behavior is like being nailed to a cross of dull. Or a cross made of blue cheese, lutefisk or something else that makes a palate blanche.

In other news, I got to gaze at my lady's face in front of a famous Japanese waterfall today. We ate delicious fish and noodles and had a great series of conversations. We even had our first language-based misunderstanding, subsequent argument and makeup.

We talked a lot about tradition and dating and I learned more than I did in this thread. However, genuinely helpful people at least gave me a degree of steadiness for my intended wooing.

Other people just talked on the internet. They talked a lot. I was busy pursuing adventure and the fairer sex. (Not intending to imply that the fairer sex may not be one's own... I just prefer the one that I find fairer. I'd say none of your business what that is, but I've said "lady" a few too many times in this thread to claim ambiguity).

In the end, I'm an extremely happy man who is really enjoying himself. I'll high-5 myself until someone notices a guy high-5ing himself and decides to join in said noble pursuit.

Or, people will just walk past and say "Dude, why is that crazy dude just jumping up and down, clapping?"
uberscheisse
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri 08.17.2007 10:13 am
Location: 茨城県鹿島市
Native language: 英語
Gender: Male

Re: "dating rules in japan"

Postby two_heads_talking » Tue 12.30.2008 7:09 pm

uberscheisse wrote:
Giving up sophomoric behavior is like being nailed to a cross of dull. Or a cross made of blue cheese, lutefisk or something else that makes a palate blanche.
"


Who said anything about giving it up? You certainly do like to read way too much into what people write..
User avatar
two_heads_talking
 
Posts: 4137
Joined: Thu 04.06.2006 4:03 pm
Native language: English

Re: "dating rules in japan"

Postby furrykef » Tue 12.30.2008 7:29 pm

YOU GUYS.

Cut it out. Seriously.
Founder of Learning Languages Through Video Games.
Also see my lang-8 journal, where you can help me practice Japanese (and Spanish, and Italian!)
User avatar
furrykef
 
Posts: 1572
Joined: Fri 01.11.2008 2:20 am
Native language: Eggo (ワッフル語の方言)
Gender: Male

Re: "dating rules in japan"

Postby two_heads_talking » Tue 12.30.2008 8:12 pm

furrykef wrote:YOU GUYS.

Cut it out. Seriously.


What in this thread even gave you the smallest notion of it being serious. This thread is a joke.. You know the kinda joke that when the punchline is delivered and the audience throws stuff at the comedian. A bomb is what some might call it..
User avatar
two_heads_talking
 
Posts: 4137
Joined: Thu 04.06.2006 4:03 pm
Native language: English

Re: "dating rules in japan"

Postby uberscheisse » Wed 12.31.2008 2:52 pm

two_heads_talking wrote:
furrykef wrote:YOU GUYS.

Cut it out. Seriously.


What in this thread even gave you the smallest notion of it being serious. This thread is a joke.. You know the kinda joke that when the punchline is delivered and the audience throws stuff at the comedian. A bomb is what some might call it..


Wrong as usual, the thread was a success. I had a glorious third date with a stunning, funny and loving lady last night. Tomorrow I will have dinner with her family.

The idea was initially to get advice from people who knew more than me about the culture. I had genuine tensions about it, but it turns out that love is a universal language.

It's clear that I've had more good times in the last week than anyone who still continues to post in this thread. So if any dork is going to throw stuff at me, at least make it edible. OK? And stop thinking of internet forums as The House of Lords, for chrissakes. You're not special or interesting.
uberscheisse
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri 08.17.2007 10:13 am
Location: 茨城県鹿島市
Native language: 英語
Gender: Male

Re: "dating rules in japan"

Postby Azure » Wed 12.31.2008 3:47 pm

This thread generally sucks. Way too much e-peen flying about.

Uberscheisse, ignore the bull and keep the story going, 'tis interesting, hope it continues working out for you.

Azure
Azure
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat 04.14.2007 9:23 pm

Re: "dating rules in japan"

Postby uberscheisse » Wed 12.31.2008 4:41 pm

Azure wrote:This thread generally sucks. Way too much e-peen flying about.

Uberscheisse, ignore the bull and keep the story going, 'tis interesting, hope it continues working out for you.

Azure


High definition pictures of me caring about people's opinions can be found here.

http://www.awebsitethatdoesntexist.com

It's updated daily.
uberscheisse
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri 08.17.2007 10:13 am
Location: 茨城県鹿島市
Native language: 英語
Gender: Male

Re: "dating rules in japan"

Postby furrykef » Wed 12.31.2008 5:36 pm

I tire of this. Mods, can we get a thread lock?
Founder of Learning Languages Through Video Games.
Also see my lang-8 journal, where you can help me practice Japanese (and Spanish, and Italian!)
User avatar
furrykef
 
Posts: 1572
Joined: Fri 01.11.2008 2:20 am
Native language: Eggo (ワッフル語の方言)
Gender: Male

Re: "dating rules in japan"

Postby Azure » Wed 12.31.2008 9:18 pm

Dont lock it, I wanna see Uber drive the nail home. Just less trolling and boring stuff for the people who actually want to read the thread eh?
Azure
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat 04.14.2007 9:23 pm

Re: "dating rules in japan"

Postby two_heads_talking » Wed 12.31.2008 9:31 pm

You could always request updates from him by PM.. it would save on bandwidth too..
User avatar
two_heads_talking
 
Posts: 4137
Joined: Thu 04.06.2006 4:03 pm
Native language: English

Previous

Return to Culture and Info about living in Japan

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests