Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - who is chatting now

who is chatting now

Spotted any errors or found anything that doesn't work?

Re: who is chatting now

Postby phreadom » Wed 12.17.2008 7:15 pm

Jap-kitty wrote:i'm sooooooooooooooooo lost

i wanna go on the chat room but i'm lost i've downloaded both Pidgin and the 1 sergested on here and i'm still not goetting anywhere.

I suppose that should be another motivator to get the tutorial done. :(
猿も木から落ちる
phreadom
Site Admin

Native language: U.S. English (米語)

Postby tyler86 » Fri 12.19.2008 10:17 am

something's wrong... i've used the pandion chat before and it worked fine. i've just reset my password and i can log into TJP's website with no problems. i can't seem to log in though... it keeps going "disconnected from the server". :( i put my username and password in the right places with the appended "@thejapanesepage.com" but it doesn't seem to work... hmm *sniff*
tyler86

Postby Stone_Cold » Sun 01.04.2009 9:20 pm

I've heard of plenty of chat devices and never Pidgin. How're suppose to use it? What's the reason for using this specific device? I know with some devices it’ll replace Asian characters with blocks (Ex. ロ) while typing. Is this the reason why this website chose to use Pidgin?
<-.-> The past is like a ghost’s voice, quite and withered away, unknown and unheard, loneliness like pale streams. <-.->
Stone_Cold

Native language: 英語

Postby richvh » Sun 01.04.2009 10:11 pm

A year or so ago, when because of a previous server move we had to stop using Flashchat, Zengargoyle chose to set up a Jabber server to replace it, since its user base could be remotely synced with the forum software we were then using. Pidgin (which was then called Gaim) was just one of several clients that both supported the Jabber protocol (now called XMPP or some such) and could display East Asian characters, and isn't even the most popular one used in our chat - that title is held by Pandion, at least among Windows users.
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

Postby Stone_Cold » Mon 01.05.2009 12:33 am

I know this sounds somewhat weird, but mine installed in complete Japanese because of my computer settings. I don’t know Japanese well enough yet to understand hardly anything. I'm entirely lost. What’re the directions in Japanese to talk to someone? 助け!!!
<-.-> The past is like a ghost’s voice, quite and withered away, unknown and unheard, loneliness like pale streams. <-.->
Stone_Cold

Native language: 英語

Postby Sairana » Mon 01.05.2009 3:13 am

Stone_Cold wrote:I know this sounds somewhat weird, but mine installed in complete Japanese because of my computer settings. I don’t know Japanese well enough yet to understand hardly anything. I'm entirely lost. What’re the directions in Japanese to talk to someone? 助け!!!

Why did you set up your PC to pretend it's a Japanese OS? T_T

That's a big headache.
Sairana

Native language: (US) English

Postby phreadom » Mon 01.05.2009 3:51 am

He's on there chatting just fine now. :)
猿も木から落ちる
phreadom
Site Admin

Native language: U.S. English (米語)

Previous

Return to Problems