Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - The older language.

The older language.

Discussions on Japan's history or Japanese books!

Re: The older language.

Postby Stone_Cold » Sun 01.04.2009 8:38 pm

What's your deal? Even the Chinese writing system has changed over time. It’s just an example. I'm using this as an example for the general evolution of all languages. That language doesn’t stay the same. I'm speaking for both spoken and writing forms of language. Do I have to state absolutely every minuscule detail in my posts to avoid confusion? You're trying to find fault in every post I make. I’m not perfect. Surprised?

Note. This isn't an aggressively directed post, but mild mannered.
<-.-> The past is like a ghost’s voice, quite and withered away, unknown and unheard, loneliness like pale streams. <-.->
Stone_Cold

Native language: 英語

Postby JaySee » Mon 01.05.2009 8:47 pm

Stone_Cold wrote:Do I have to state absolutely every minuscule detail in my posts to avoid confusion?

No, but there are ways to not state every minuscule detail and still be sufficiently clear. I know why you were using this example, but you just weren't clear enough on when you were talking about spoken language, written language, writing systems or all three.

This forum is meant to be used as a learning tool, and trying to correct each other when mistakes are made is part of that. If nobody here could be bothered with mistakes or unclarities in other people's posts, it would become very quiet very soon.
JaySee

Native language: Dutch

Postby Stone_Cold » Tue 01.06.2009 1:18 am

Agreed. lol
<-.-> The past is like a ghost’s voice, quite and withered away, unknown and unheard, loneliness like pale streams. <-.->
Stone_Cold

Native language: 英語

Postby two_heads_talking » Tue 01.06.2009 10:24 am

So, basically you necroposted a post, to agree with the post, while disagreeing with everyone else? and then you lol'd?
two_heads_talking

Native language: English

Previous

Return to History and Literature Discussions