Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Pimsleur Scripting Team

Pimsleur Scripting Team

Have a textbook or grammar book that you find particularly helpful? What about a learning tip to share with others?

Pimsleur Scripting Team

Postby Budomaru » Tue 11.08.2005 12:02 am

Since there is so much interest in a full script for the pimsleur lessons, why dont we people who have the pimlseur lessons team up and script them together, to gain time. its terribly time consuming for a single person to do, but with 10 or 20 people it would be very easy since everyone wouldnt have to do more than 5 or 10 lessons.

I've attached the script of the first lesson as far as i've done it (on the post on the Japan Today forum - see next paragraph), so that those interested can use it as a template so that everyone scripts it in the same way. even if there are slight differences, a few of us can pass them an additional checking and rewriting once more once they're finished in order to make them all consistent with certain standards we will decide upon, and then we can just make it a PDF and publish it online (preferably here on http://www.thejapanesepage.com ^_^)

i've already made a post like this on the Japan Today forums:http://forum.japantoday.com/m_635361/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm#635361 so that more people will know. there are already lots of people with pimlseur's japanese, and many want the script so why not?

ofcourse, scripting will begin after the team is properly assembled so that everyone will have specific lessons to script and we wont do a sloppy job. If you wish to recruit people from other forums, feel free to post there as well - the point is to get people who have pimsleur's japanese (preferably all 3 parts, otherwise they will have to script from what they have) and have finished at least the largest part of the lessons (we will ofcourse need some who have finished all of them) so that we dont have people listening to lessons that are way ahead of them and spoiling their progress.
Last edited by Budomaru on Tue 11.08.2005 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Budomaru

RE: Pimsleur Scripting Team

Postby nprz » Tue 11.08.2005 12:52 am

I don't want to sign up to the japantoday forums, so I couldn't see your sample script. You can put me down for any of the 1-30 lessons because I think they are all easy ;) Send me a PM with which lesson you want me to do when you get everything organized.
nprz

Postby CajunCoder » Tue 11.08.2005 1:12 am

I suppose I can help with a few, but only the early lessons.
This would be very helpful when completed.
CajunCoder

Postby Qbe » Tue 11.08.2005 9:18 am

You may want to consider that several editions (2-3) of Level 1 exist. I've heard 2 of them myself. Each edition differs in what it covers, though I believe that the differences are primarily vocabulary.
Qbe

Postby Budomaru » Tue 11.08.2005 3:37 pm

i've attached a zip with the Japan Today thread so far, and the lesson 1 script - i hope it clarifies so points - other than that, thanks for the interest ^_^

Qbe - well if they're not major changes it should be ok - but i think that from the pool of people offering to help there should be people with each version available, but i dont think its a matter to worry about unless the changes are substantial. thanks for mentioning it though ^_^
Last edited by Budomaru on Tue 11.08.2005 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Budomaru

Postby Budomaru » Wed 11.09.2005 10:53 am

here's the Japan Today thread continued...
Budomaru

Return to Learning Materials Reviews & Language Learning tips