Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Basic Kanji Book solutions?

Basic Kanji Book solutions?

Have a textbook or grammar book that you find particularly helpful? What about a learning tip to share with others?

Basic Kanji Book solutions?

Postby paste » Mon 01.26.2009 1:05 pm

I have Basic Kanji Book Vol 1 by Kano, et al, and I really like it, especially since it has lots of exercises that reinforce the learning of the kanji. HOWEVER, there aren't any solutions in the book for the exercises. Does anyone know if there is a solution manual that accompanies the series or where i could find some good solutions?

Thanks much
paste
paste

Native language: English

Re: Basic Kanji Book solutions?

Postby sei » Mon 01.26.2009 1:44 pm

I also have the book and I think there isn't any answer book or anything like that. I believe you're supposed to check your answers well from what was taught earlier in the book.

I guess if you have any questions you can always ask in this forum.
Questions? Feel free to ask. :)
sei

Native language: Portuguese

Postby astaroth » Mon 01.26.2009 2:17 pm

I had the same problem, and not always the answers to the problems are taught in the text-part of the book. I usually end up checking on wwwjdic on particular compounds by writing single kanji and "gluing" them together.
ー 流光 ー

花地世
小  見獄の
林  かの中
一  な上は
茶   の 
astaroth

Native language: Italiano「伊語」

Postby Yudan Taiteki » Mon 01.26.2009 3:13 pm

Which particular exercises would you need solutions for? If they're ones where you have to make a sentence, they wouldn't really be able to have "answers" for that anyway.
-Chris Kern
Yudan Taiteki

Native language: English

Postby astaroth » Mon 01.26.2009 3:30 pm

There are a few in practicing using the various readings when they provide a word without giving the reading for a kanji shown in the lesson. Without an answer sheet, several times I had to double check on wwwjdic whether the reading was the correct one. Like in Lesson 6, they give the word for assistant 助手 with the reading for 助 but not for 手 which was presented in the same lesson. I could guess it was シュ, but for what I know it could have been て too.
(No big deal, I learn few new words in this way.)
ー 流光 ー

花地世
小  見獄の
林  かの中
一  な上は
茶   の 
astaroth

Native language: Italiano「伊語」

Postby yukamina » Tue 01.27.2009 12:48 pm

When I was going through Basic Kanji Book vol2, there were so many words it didn't give readings for. I collected them after and ended up with a huge list. They should really just tell you that stuff.
yukamina

Return to Learning Materials Reviews & Language Learning tips