Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Jdrama

Jdrama

Discuss Japanese movies and music.

Re: Jdrama

Postby meg25 » Mon 07.21.2008 11:08 pm

Most of the Jdrama that I was going to suggest were already posted here.:)

I have some like Stand Up! starring Ninomiya Kazunari, Yamashita Tomohisa, Anne Suzuki etc. Funny and somewhat coming of age series.

I'll post again some series.:) and movies too.:D
meg25

Postby shunichirou » Thu 07.31.2008 10:41 pm

i really like jdorama, especially romantic and comedy genre

if we talk about Japaneses, sure i think watching jdorama is a way to improve our Japaneses language.

but, if you prefer action or thriller (or such) drama, then don't pick jdorama

japan are really terrible in making action movie/action dorama.

well, maybe their horror movies are good (some of them)
shunichirou

Postby angel8ren » Fri 08.01.2008 1:41 pm

Watch these:

Hana Yori Dango 1 & 2 (3 is the movie final)
- apply the quote "the more you hate, the more you love"
- sweet...great flavor of love!

Hana Kimi or Hanazakari no Kimitachi E
- love triangle
- a girl transform or acts as a boy for the name of love!

Haruka 17
- its kinda cute.
- transformation from ugly-nerd to pretty-cool-hot gurl!

Gokusen 1 & 2 & 3
- nice one.
- similar to GTO

Kimi Wa Petto
- he became a pet then a lover!

Nodame Cantabille
- great musical drama

Zettai Kareshii
- absolute boyfriend!
- nice twist

watch it in aznv.tv if you have winamp player!
..it's faster than crunchyroll or mysoju or youtube.

:P :lol: :wink:
`tsukky`o7_o8.:)
angel8ren

Postby meg25 » Wed 08.13.2008 9:41 am

Thanks for the heads up regarding the site. I recommend two more shows that are currently being shown in Japan.

Maou - starring Ohno Satoshi and Ikuta Toma
The series is the Japanese version of the Korean drama Mawang. It's currently on it's 6th episode and airs every Friday, 10pm(JST) at TBS

Code Blue - starring Yamashita Tomohisa, Erika Toda and others...
A medical drama series, airs every Thursday, 9pm(JST).
meg25

Postby darkneko14 » Wed 08.13.2008 12:45 pm

u can find good jdrama in this web page

http://www.mysoju.com/
darkneko14

Postby meg25 » Tue 08.26.2008 9:57 pm

Upcoming Fall TV drama's.:)

流星の絆 Ryusei No Kizuna
Starring: Ninomiya Kazunari, Nishikido Ryo, Erika Toda
TBS, Friday, 10PM
Summary
The three will be siblings. Nino's the eldest, Ryo the second and Erika the youngest. When they were young, they went to watch a meteor shower. While they were away from home, their parents were murdered. After experiencing the harshness of surviving without their parents, they grew up to con people of their money. Also, they found their parents' murderer and decided to take revenge.

Title: イノセント・ラヴ
Title (romaji): Innocent Love
Format: Renzoku
Genre: Romance
Broadcast network: Fuji TV
Broadcast period: 2008-Oct to 2008-Dec
Air time: Monday 21:00

Akiyama Kanon (Maki Horikita) had a turbulent childhood ever since the murder of their parents with her brother charged as the murderer. This is a story of a young woman who, despite undergoing many hardships, still faces life with exuberance and determination while finding love along the way.

Credit: AF Forums
meg25

Postby AJBryant » Wed 08.27.2008 12:09 pm

fielle wrote:Although it does seem that most j-dramas are written such that I want to kick at least one character in the shins at least once an episode.

That's always been MY major problem with the genre.

Incredible stupidity (or cowardice in the face of WOMAN!) or insecurity or some similar "needs a kick in the ass" moments drive me bats.

Tony
AJBryant
Site Admin

Native language: English

Postby chibikyo7 » Sat 12.20.2008 2:33 pm

Last Friends is an amazing J-Drama. I highly recommend it.
chibikyo7

Postby nukemarine » Sun 12.21.2008 9:49 am

chibikyo7 wrote:Last Friends is an amazing J-Drama. I highly recommend it.

I recommend up to about episode. It gets repetitive after that, offers nothing new of substance (mainly shock) and loses it's way. If it followed their pasts more and had a more satisfying ending, I'd recommend it more. However, the song does grow on you.

Note: This was the first Japanese show I watched entirely in Japanese (no English subs). So it does have a soft spot in my heart. Plus, it was a trip to see "Nodame" as a completely non-Nodame character.
nukemarine

Postby Kenitai » Sun 12.28.2008 2:44 am

You're missing a LOT if you don't watch atleast some Historical drama's. So far my favorites are:
1.Musashi(2003) The best jdrama I have ever seen...
2.Fuurin Kazan(2007)
3.Shinsenhumi (2004?) Still trying to watch this one

Other types:
Gonzo(2008) police/detective drama
Attention Please (2007 I believe) about a rock girl wanting to be a cabin attendant
Gokusen 1-2 and 3 - A series about a female teacher who needs to teach a class full of delinquents
Ace o Narae (2003) About a girl wanting to be a tennis star
Zettai Kareshi (2008) About a robot male

Way too much to sum up at this moment...
The most addictive and effective way, to read & learn Kanji... Visit Readthekanji.com
Kenitai

Native language: Dutch

Postby astaroth » Mon 01.26.2009 6:49 pm

(This topic is quite dated but not that much to open a new one, in my opinion.)
I started watching jdrama because I was told the language is closer to everyday life than in anime, and I quickly got hooked up!
The first one I watched was change about a elementary school teacher turning politician and unexpectedly becoming Prime Minister. I liked it -- and it was the first time I got a feeling of how to use 失礼します :)
Then I watched 雨と夢のあとに. It's about the ghost of a single father who doesn't want to leave his daughter alone. It's quite moving, even though a couple of scenes felt to me a bit stretched.
Now I started orange days. Yesterday I watched the first episode and ... loved it! There are a lot of writing to read even though it's quite tough to follow both the English subtitles and the Japanese ones, oh yes it's about a deaf violinist so the Japanese subtitles are for when she speaks using sign language.

I'd love to hear of others' suggestions or opinions.

-Luca
ー 流光 ー

花地世
小  見獄の
林  かの中
一  な上は
茶   の 
astaroth

Native language: Italiano「伊語」

Postby AJBryant » Mon 01.26.2009 8:03 pm

fielle wrote:Although it does seem that most j-dramas are written such that I want to kick at least one character in the shins at least once an episode.

I admire your self-control. I'd aim higher.
AJBryant
Site Admin

Postby koyama22 » Sat 02.21.2009 12:40 am

Wow, nobody has mentioned Orange Days, one of the most well-casted, well-written, and overall well-done Japanese Dramas. Takes place at a University, shows the developing chemistry between a male student(Tsumabuki Satoshi) and a deaf female student(Shibasaki Kou). And man, is there chemistry(they even married in real life afterward). Also, the side stories and sub-characters are some of the most well-done I've seen.

Recently, I was impressed with Ryusei no Kizuna and Last Friends, both definitely in the "Drama" genre, although Ryusei no Kizuna had some pretty hilarious scenes.
koyama22

Postby astaroth » Sat 02.21.2009 2:05 pm

I agree with koyama, Orange Days is pretty good. I just finished watching it a week ago and loved it. Didn't know Shibasaki Kou and Tsumabuki Satoshi are married though ...
ー 流光 ー

花地世
小  見獄の
林  かの中
一  な上は
茶   の 
astaroth

Native language: Italiano「伊語」

Postby phreadom » Sat 02.21.2009 2:48 pm

Here's part of my list... I haven't added some of the most recent series' I've seen.

At Home Dad

Densha Otoko
A little hard to watch how difficult it is for the main character to accomplish things and to talk etc... but a great show none the less!

Dragon Zakura

Dr. Koto Shinryoujo
Made me want to move to the island! Much like Ruri no Shima in that sense.

Engine
I'm normally not into sports, but the story about family and foster children was very touching.

Gal Circle
Crazy! You'll probably either love or hate this one... you'll know what I mean by the end of the first episode. ;)

Galileo
A sort of scientific CSI that debunks and solves what appear to be paranormal crimes.

Gokusen
A little silly, but a great series. Classic.

GTO (Great Teacher Onizuka)
Like Dragon Zakura, this made me want to study. This is more light hearted where Dragon Zakura is more serious.

Haikei, Chichiue-sama
The hardship of leaving behind the old culture and ways to make way for the future.

Hana Yori Dango
I tried watching this show twice and couldn't get past the first half of the first episode... but when I finally made it past that, I watched both series and now consider it one of my favorites. It really is a great series once you get into it. Give it a chance! I'm glad I did.

Hanazakari no kimi tachi e

Iryu (Team Medical Dragon)
A rather serious show... more so than most. High quality.

Kekkon Dekinai Otoko
Abe Hiroshi is one of my favorite Japanese actors and this series is both a funny and serious look at a quirky architect who, as the title suggests, has trouble meeting a wife.

Kikenna Aneki

Last Christmas
This one was fun to watch and kept me guessing right until the end. (and another of my favorite soundtracks)

My Boss My Hero
Really over the top humor. Touching though as most of these are.

Nobuta wo Produce

Nodame Cantabile
Really made me want to pick up my sister's violins and start learning. Excellent series for the music alone... and the occasional humor that made me burst out laughing.

Orange Days
This made me want to learn sign language. Yet another awesome soundtrack and a great show.

Ruri no Shima
Like Dr.Koto Shinryoujo, this is set in the southern islands and really makes me feel envious of the kind of close knit community portrayed on the absolutely beautiful island.

Teru Teru Ashita
My first j-dorama. A little odd plot-wise, but it makes up for it.

Yasashii Jikan
One of the first j-doramas I watched and still one of my absolute favorites. The soundtrack to this is still my favorite to this day. The atmosphere of this has made me unable to ever forget Hokkaidou, and I'd love to visit the cafe in the forest used in the show someday.
猿も木から落ちる
phreadom
Site Admin

Native language: U.S. English (米語)

PreviousNext

Return to Japanese Movies and Music