Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - StudyAbroad programs which are real or cons?

StudyAbroad programs which are real or cons?

Post questions and answers about living or visiting Japan or the culture

StudyAbroad programs which are real or cons?

Postby eldai angel » Fri 02.06.2009 4:38 pm

I am going to College for Architetecural Drafting and have 36hour credits and I want to go to Japan Toyko for school and Intership. I been doing reacher on Study Abroad programs and they ask for lots of information. I dont want to hand it over and then they run off with my information. Plus when is comes to money how do I know they won't run off with that. I am just realy worried about which programs are leagit and which are cons because I don't know much about it. So any advice would be great or info on trustwortly programs as well.
eldai angel

Native language: english

Re: StudyAbroad programs which are real or cons?

Postby two_heads_talking » Fri 02.06.2009 4:53 pm

eldai angel wrote:I am going to College for Architetecural Drafting and have 36hour credits and I want to go to Japan Toyko for school and Intership. I been doing reacher on Study Abroad programs and they ask for lots of information. I dont want to hand it over and then they run off with my information. Plus when is comes to money how do I know they won't run off with that. I am just realy worried about which programs are leagit and which are cons because I don't know much about it. So any advice would be great or info on trustwortly programs as well.

I have my degree in Architectural/Structural Drafting so cudos on the choice of schooling. As for the internship, aren't you able to discuss this with your University/College?
two_heads_talking

Native language: English

Postby eldai angel » Fri 02.06.2009 5:10 pm

I didn't think about that talking with my school (St.Philip's College)but who would I have to talk to errg have to do more reacher. I have great drafting teacher so getting referals won't be hard. And so the start of this advnture is being pushed along with vaulble information keep it coming. I will still persue and look at diff study abroad programs.
eldai angel

Native language: english

Postby two_heads_talking » Fri 02.06.2009 5:20 pm

eldai angel wrote:I didn't think about that talking with my school (St.Philip's College)but who would I have to talk to errg have to do more reacher. I have great drafting teacher so getting referals won't be hard. And so the start of this advnture is being pushed along with vaulble information keep it coming. I will still persue and look at diff study abroad programs.

I'd suggest you start your search with your school councelors. And if they can't help you directly, they should know who is the person in charge of intership and other study abroad programs. That's where I would start. If that doesn't work, contact your student council members and see what they know. Also, look around for the foreign language department, as they would also be a good resource to look into. Quite frankly if you have a free day, you should be able to visit each of these departments in one fell swoop.
two_heads_talking

Native language: English

Return to Culture and Info about living in Japan