Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - What did you dream about last night?

What did you dream about last night?

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

Re: What did you dream about last night?

Postby gabi in japan » Fri 12.12.2008 6:47 am

Kalas wrote:
gabi in japan wrote:i had a dream that i saw the dinosaurs die out, it took forever!

that would make me cry

Well, it made me cry!
日本と日本語が大好き!!!
gabi in japan

Native language: Aussie! (Australian)

Postby Kenitai » Fri 12.12.2008 7:47 am

Last night I had a dream again. :D
As far as I remember it went like this...

I was at home, and got a personal letter from Alicia Keys. (personally I'm not a fan of her music, so why I dreamt about her, I don't know!) She invited me to come over to America and to go out with her.. I was stunned!

And then the scenes changed, I was on the Titanic boat, cruising in the seas, and I met a girl, ofcourse she was pretty, she looked a but like Alicia, but diffrent, more asian. Perhaps a bit Japanese.

That was it.
The most addictive and effective way, to read & learn Kanji... Visit Readthekanji.com
Kenitai

Native language: Dutch

Postby gabi in japan » Sat 12.13.2008 2:36 am

Kenitai wrote:Last night I had a dream again. :D
As far as I remember it went like this...

I was at home, and got a personal letter from Alicia Keys. (personally I'm not a fan of her music, so why I dreamt about her, I don't know!) She invited me to come over to America and to go out with her.. I was stunned!

And then the scenes changed, I was on the Titanic boat, cruising in the seas, and I met a girl, ofcourse she was pretty, she looked a but like Alicia, but diffrent, more asian. Perhaps a bit Japanese.

That was it.

That must have been 1 weird dream! :lol:
日本と日本語が大好き!!!
gabi in japan

Native language: Aussie! (Australian)

Postby tōkai devotee » Thu 12.18.2008 3:40 am

I had the weirdest dream last night! I don't remember all of the details but I dreamt I was in TJP, like in cyberspace but in Japan. I got to meet some of you in person, and it was really cool!!

I think I've been spending too much time on here lately!! :oops:

:lol:
tōkai devotee

Native language: Australian!

Postby john2 » Sun 02.01.2009 10:32 pm

Oo the most perverted thing you can put into too simple and common words.
john2

Postby PresidentObama » Mon 02.02.2009 11:08 am

I had a dream that I was back in high school... but by some bizarre (well, almost all my dreams are bizarre) warping of reality, I'm actually back in high school WHILE I'm in college. :? I don't know how it happened and I'm back in high school taking up 4th year again. Oddest part is that my university is just beside my high school. So I was skipping one of my classes in high school because my classes at my college were more important. I came back and I was fighting my teacher because I skipped class. I told him I had a programming class back at the university but he said I was still suspended :shock: A few other really, REALLY weird stuff happened but I think the other stuff won't be interesting anymore.
PresidentObama

Native language: Filipino

Postby Rafurentse » Sat 02.07.2009 4:29 am

I love dreams!

I can remember two from the last time I slept (Weird sleeping pattern..Can't call it night)

One was that I was running a stall at some event, but I shared the table with some strangers. I saw some little gothic lolita style models being sold by another seller, and picked one up and asked them if I could buy it, they didn't reply and I presumed they were AFK. I thought that it would be easy to steal them, but not very nice since I wouldn't like that to happen to my own things. I kept watch on their items while I sold mine.
Then I was selling less and less and wasn't as popular anymore, I remembered that candyfloss sold well by somebody else and decided to go and make my own. I went up into a treehouse to a candyfloss machine and started to packet them into bags with a stick. Some children were up there too and said they knew my uncle. I said that I knew him too.
I chased someone through a forest at the edge of a field but they got away. I went out into the field and found my jewelry and a mirror, I had a lot of bracelets and put like 3 on each wrist, I woke up while arranging which styles and colours of them...
【ラフレンツェや…忘れてはいけないよ…】
Rafurentse

Postby furrykef » Sat 02.07.2009 5:03 am

I keep having nightmares about this video game I'm programming/debugging... x.x
Founder of Learning Languages Through Video Games.
Also see my lang-8 journal, where you can help me practice Japanese (and Spanish, and Italian!)
furrykef

Native language: Eggo (ワッフル語の方言)

Postby yukamina » Sun 02.08.2009 2:49 pm

Rafurentse wrote:Some children were up there too and said they knew my uncle. I said that I knew him too.

That's great :D
You have a good memory for dreams...I used to be good at remembering them when I wrote them down all that time, but then I stopped having cool dreams and my ability to remember them faded.
yukamina

Postby 8bitkoopa » Sun 04.19.2009 4:42 pm

i was part of a croud of disaster refugees (my loved ones included) and we came upon a place that was somehow familiar to us all. it had been attacked by some kind of barbaric nomad tribe, and the king was executed and so forth. we were attacked again, someone almost shot my boyfriend, and i clawed his face off using silat tiger form. well, there were these statues of guardians and we activated one which turned into a stuborn and proud dragon. after pestering him, he agreed to protect us, and for a part of the dream i was the dragon spitting green fire at people.

i was thinking about turning this into a story....it was one of the most interesting dreams i've ever had.
8bitkoopa

Postby Kalas » Fri 04.24.2009 3:10 pm

worst dream ever....i got pushed into a pool and i cant swim, then i see sharks swimming around me....... :(
Kalas

Native language: English

Postby mr_johnny_lee » Mon 12.06.2010 12:42 pm

I dreamt I was in Okinawa (at least that's where I think it was) and there was a tsunami or something, I was watching houses slowly disappear underneath the waves...except the one I was in.

The weird thing was, there was a huge Earthquake last night which I felt in my dream but I didn't actually wake up...I slept through it but I felt the whole thing.
mr_johnny_lee

Postby john2 » Tue 03.15.2011 8:16 am

Being sexually aroused by the night mares you talk about on this thread.
And I haven't been on this forum in... ah how many years.
– did anyone miss me probably not then again i was more sure of that the last time and someone missed me.
I tend to go online that and...–,
hmm someone finally examplained the tone thing in an understandable way :neutral: Japanese pronounciation is even harder than the chinese... I swear these languages to me seam like cacophonies invented in hell.
OT:Does anyone else think that dutch is the worlds most complex language?
/assuming you replace complex with... my favourite curse word./
john2

Postby maboroshi638 » Fri 11.04.2011 1:08 pm

Uhhh, I love the theme of this thread! Great idea!

Well... let me see.

Last night I dream that I was on a desert island and that there was this man on it. He told me that he was a pirate and that he was stranded.
However, he looked more like he was on a holiday to me. He had a sun bed and umbrella and a little table with a drink on it.
Anyway,....
He was sitting at the top of the beach and behind him were palm trees and bushes. I walked around the palm tree closest to me and ended up in a clearing where a woman was hanging out some washing on a washing line that hung up in a big circle in the clearing.

When I went back to the beach the pirate's crew had arrived on a huge ship in order to rescue their stranded comrade. However, the stranded pirate on the beach said that he could not go just yet and went into the clearing to take down the washing.
But instead of taking down the men's clothing, he started taking down huge pink bloomers. (You know the kind of underwear they used to wear in the middle ages which went down to your knees.) And he started putting them in a suite case in order to take them with him.
And then.......... I woke up. Probably because it got to weird.

And you lot probably think I'm crazy now, don't you? Well, you right I am barking mad. :P :wink:
The gods envy us. They envy us because we are mortal. Because every moment could be our last. Everything is so much more beautiful because we will someday die. (From "Troja")
maboroshi638

Native language: English and German

Postby KharismaticKayteh » Wed 11.16.2011 5:38 am

How odd that I would find this after having a memorable dream! Though, I don't remember it clearly... I had several dreams last night, and there's one I remember the best.

I think I was living in a house just off the freeway (but the house was also either a classroom or the portrait studio where I work, which was weird). I went outside for whatever reason, and I saw a fox, and he was scared of me. When he started to scurry away, I sat down low to the ground so he might be less intimidated by me, and I called for him and waited for him to come to my side. He finally decided to come see me, and he warmed up to me very quickly. I don't suppose I could have kept him, but I named him Arthur (no idea why) and would come out to play with him now and again.

I had to leave home for some reason, and when I came back, before even seeing it, I knew Arthur was dead in the road. Weirdly, I remember seeing him lifeless in the road from a bird's eye view, and not from my own eyes, but like from a camera in a movie just showing the best perspective. I was actually very upset by this, enough so that I woke up very sad.

In my state, it is legal for people to take a fox out of the wild to domesticate and keep as a pet. Actually, the legal maximum limit of foxes that can be taken from the wild to be kept as pets is six per household. ... Yes, I am highly considering it.
KharismaticKayteh

Skype chat: KharismaticKayteh

Previous

Return to General off topic