Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Look for: Vocabulary card: visual(image) <-> audio(Japanese)

Look for: Vocabulary card: visual(image) <-> audio(Japanese)

Have a textbook or grammar book that you find particularly helpful? What about a learning tip to share with others?

Look for: Vocabulary card: visual(image) <-> audio(Japanese)

Postby samzz » Mon 02.09.2009 6:38 pm

Hello,
I'm looking for some vocabulary card: visual(image) <-> audio(Japanese).
So, any language native learner can use it.
Thanks
samzz

Native language: French

Re: Look for: Vocabulary card: visual(image) <-> audio(Japanese)

Postby richvh » Mon 02.09.2009 7:07 pm

Check out iknow.
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

Re: Look for: Vocabulary card: visual(image) <-> audio(Japanese)

Postby Snowflake » Thu 02.12.2009 3:28 pm

I signed up with IKnow this morning. After a nearly 6 month break, I'm resuming my Japanese studies. I'm still so much of a beginner, I'm re-starting my efforts by taking the Hiragana course, even though I'm *somewhat* familiar with hiragana. I'm saddened by how much I've forgotten but amazed at how fast I'm re-learning it!

One thing I really appreciated in the hour or so I played around with it is one of the quizzing features. Many online quizzes I've seen (and I'll admit, I haven't seen a lot) are multiple choice. Multi-choice gives me the opportunity to make educated guesses or to use process of elimination. With some of the review on IKnow, the quizmaster will say the word or sound and I have to type in my answer with no hint whatsoever. For me, this is good. Either *Iknow* :lol: or I don't.

IKnow even has a little twist to its multi-choice questions. There is often a None of the Above option.

I've poked around on the site, looking at other courses and lists. I'm looking forward to incorporating IKnow with my other study plans!
Snowflake

Native language: English

Return to Learning Materials Reviews & Language Learning tips