Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Spammer

Spammer

Spotted any errors or found anything that doesn't work?

Re: Spammer

Postby keatonatron » Thu 02.12.2009 10:07 am

clay wrote:I'm beginning to think this is all one big hoax. I mean, for Mr. Mufeeb to be a Prince AND a world-class hacker who is able to crack Keat's password is a little too convenient if you know what I mean.

Well, you don't have to be all that good to hack into a server run by phreadom... BURN! :lol: :lol: :lol:
keatonatron

Native language: English

Postby two_heads_talking » Thu 02.12.2009 11:16 am

Mike Cash wrote:Does this mean I won't be getting 20% of $3.5 million?

I wonder what would have occured had we all sent in our information.. 20% per person with over 100 people replying makes 2000% ... That person would have just lost 70 million dollars.. lol
two_heads_talking

Postby keatonatron » Thu 02.12.2009 12:28 pm

It's literally ming-blowing how stupid (and recently, lazy) thieves and scammers can be. I've had my house and my car both broken into once, and both times the least valuable things were taken.

On my car, they went through the trouble of breaking the back window, and prying out the subwoofer I had bolted down back there. I had only paid $50 for the speaker... and they didn't even touch my $300 stereo.

And when I had my house broken into, the thieves (who had come on foot) chose to include in their haul a coffee can full of change. As you can imagine a can full of metal is kind of heavy to carry a long distance, and it was probably only about $20 worth of nickels and pennys. :lol: And they chose to take my $50 DVD player over my $150 playstation...

Anyway, now that it's so easy to copy and paste messages, scammers are getting even more lazy, which makes you wonder if any of it is even working anymore. Just last week I received this message in my inbox (exact quote):

Subject: EMAIL ME
Body:
Goodday,
I have a Business of $22.4million for you please contact me for details.
Joseph Poon

It's as if he's saying "yeah, if you're going to fall for it you will, if not you won't... so I'll just cut the sob story and see who bites."

I wrote Mr. Poon back and expressed my interest in his business, but got no response :roll:
keatonatron

Postby phreadom » Thu 02.12.2009 7:04 pm

keatonatron wrote:
clay wrote:I'm beginning to think this is all one big hoax. I mean, for Mr. Mufeeb to be a Prince AND a world-class hacker who is able to crack Keat's password is a little too convenient if you know what I mean.

Well, you don't have to be all that good to hack into a server run by phreadom... BURN! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:'(

that hurts. right here where my heart used to be. :'(

*goes off to cry in the corner*
猿も木から落ちる
phreadom
Site Admin

Native language: U.S. English (米語)

Postby AJBryant » Thu 02.12.2009 8:05 pm

LOL!!

I love you, man. :)

Tony
AJBryant
Site Admin

Postby coco » Thu 02.12.2009 9:02 pm

Mrs. Ester Abdul seems to have changed her doctor and handle name.
coco

Native language: 日本語(Japanese)

Previous

Return to Problems