Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - just an idea or thought..

just an idea or thought..

Have a textbook or grammar book that you find particularly helpful? What about a learning tip to share with others?

Re: just an idea or thought..

Postby larcen1997 » Tue 02.24.2009 3:06 pm

phreadom wrote:I think soon we will start scheduling more classes in the chatrooms.

We have the webchat setup now to make it easier for people to join and participate. We have logging setup so that the lessons can be referred back to later. We have a few people interested who have the Genki1 books etc.

http://www.thejapanshop.com/home.php?cat=270

I'm personally on page 90 or so and have the main textbook (white cover), workbook (red cover), and answer book (light blue cover). :)

http://thejapanesepage.com/w/index.php? ... m_Schedule

We'll add the "official" chat schedules there, but you're always free to pop in and see if someone is in the Genki room. SS comes in there most days and is very helpful. :) I'm usually busy working on the site etc, but if we get a class scheduled, or I have some free time, I'll participate too. I'm just a newbie myself though, not a teacher. :)

Hope this helps. :) Let me know if you have any problems getting on the chat etc.

Thanks. I have been in the chat room a few times in the last few days, sadly no one was there. I will have to check later at night. Maybe keep it up in the background while I Am working on building my website. Thank you for the links!

You know what, I have the book and the workbook, but I dont have the answer key. I didnt realize there was one. *sigh* another book to order...
larcen1997

Native language: English

Postby Mike Cash » Tue 02.24.2009 5:21 pm

larcen1997 wrote:lol funny... Nothing better to do with your life I see..

Not one single solitary blessed thing.

What could I possibly have had better to do than prevent moral decay? If it comes down to a choice of that or organizing my sock drawer do you really think I would make the choice to abandon you? You should try to have a higher opinion of your relative worth.
Never underestimate my capacity for pettiness.
Mike Cash

Postby Snowflake » Tue 02.24.2009 5:35 pm

larcen1997 wrote:...You know what, I have the book and the workbook, but I dont have the answer key. I didnt realize there was one. *sigh* another book to order...

On the positive side, once you get the Answer Key, you're done! The one blue book covers both texts (Genki 1 and Genki 2) and both workbooks. As a fellow self-studier, I can tell you the Answer Key is a Must-Have. At under $15, it's a great deal.
Snowflake

Postby larcen1997 » Tue 02.24.2009 6:56 pm

Mike Cash wrote:
larcen1997 wrote:lol funny... Nothing better to do with your life I see..

Not one single solitary blessed thing.

What could I possibly have had better to do than prevent moral decay? If it comes down to a choice of that or organizing my sock drawer do you really think I would make the choice to abandon you? You should try to have a higher opinion of your relative worth.

Brings tears to my eyes, knowing you couldnt forget about annoying me!

Snowflake wrote:
larcen1997 wrote:...You know what, I have the book and the workbook, but I dont have the answer key. I didnt realize there was one. *sigh* another book to order...

On the positive side, once you get the Answer Key, you're done! The one blue book covers both texts (Genki 1 and Genki 2) and both workbooks. As a fellow self-studier, I can tell you the Answer Key is a Must-Have. At under $15, it's a great deal.

Oh good. under $15? thats awesome. thanks!
larcen1997

Postby richvh » Tue 02.24.2009 7:21 pm

Locked, by OP's request.
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

Previous

Return to Learning Materials Reviews & Language Learning tips