Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - 清春 (Kiyoharu)

清春 (Kiyoharu)

Post questions and answers about living or visiting Japan or the culture

清春 (Kiyoharu)

Postby keatonatron » Mon 12.15.2008 12:19 pm

Is anyone familiar with the famous singer 清春 (kiyoharu)?

As some of you may know I am pursuing a career in music video production, and I recently got the chance to work on his latest music video (I'm friends with the director). After the shoot we all went out to eat together, and I got to talk to Kiyoharu for a bit.

He had someone take a picture of us sharing some french toast, and then posted it on his (very popular) blog. You can see it here: http://ameblo.jp/kiyoharu15th/entry-10177756377.html (He uses simple sentences, so it might even be good practice for beginners)

One hour after he made the entry, there were already 350 comments!

It's kind of interesting to see the kind of stuff people write. A lot of people are fans of Kiyoharu but don't really have anything to say, so they just write stuff like "Mmmm, looks tasty. Keep up the good work!"

The people who wrote comments about me generally fall into three categories: "He's cute! I want to marry him!", "Kiyoharu is so cool, it's no wonder he's surrounded by just-as-cool people!", and "He speaks good Japanese? How strange!"

For those of you wondering what foreigners face in Japan, it's pretty much like this even when meeting people face to face. In fact, on the set I stopped into the dressing room and asked the make-up artist if she could hand me my jacket that was by the far wall, when the support drummer turned to me and out of nowhere said "Wow, your Japanese is so good!"

As if working on a music video set isn't indication enough.

(although, now that I think about it, that was probably her way of expressing surprise at the fact that I was working on the set!)
keatonatron

Native language: English

Re: 清春 (Kiyoharu)

Postby two_heads_talking » Tue 12.16.2008 10:03 am

Keat, is it just me, or have you lost a ton of weight? Not that you were heavy, you just look very very, emaciated.
two_heads_talking

Postby keatonatron » Tue 12.16.2008 10:45 am

I wouldn't say a ton :evil: :evil: :evil:

Before entering school I had 6 months of free time with nothing to do but eat, watch tv, and sleep. I did pudge up a little bit, but I'm back to my normal self now. For the past few months quite a few people have been commenting that I look thinner.

Even still, it was only a change of 5 pounds or so... if that.
keatonatron

Postby two_heads_talking » Tue 12.16.2008 12:38 pm

keatonatron wrote:I wouldn't say a ton :evil: :evil: :evil:

Before entering school I had 6 months of free time with nothing to do but eat, watch tv, and sleep. I did pudge up a little bit, but I'm back to my normal self now. For the past few months quite a few people have been commenting that I look thinner.

Even still, it was only a change of 5 pounds or so... if that.

Of course, ton is just a figure of speach.. I remember the first video you posted up of you doing some dance dance stuff and comparing it to the current picture, I'd say it's more than 5 pounds.. I mean nothing disparaging by it, but rather I was making an observation. I hope that you are able to afford to keep yourself healthy.. We don't need another gaijin wasting away into nothingness.. lol
two_heads_talking

Postby keatonatron » Tue 12.16.2008 1:02 pm

Well, I'm sure things look different between a thousand-dollar studio camera and a cell phone snap shot :D

Although if I say that, it sounds like the pudgy-looking picture would be more accurate :shock:
keatonatron

Postby clay » Tue 12.16.2008 1:20 pm

Moving up in the world!

Keep us updated on your antics. :D
TheJapanShop.com- Japanese language learning materials
Checkout our iPhone apps: TheJapanesePage.com/iPhone
clay
Site Admin

Postby two_heads_talking » Tue 12.16.2008 2:35 pm

keatonatron wrote:Well, I'm sure things look different between a thousand-dollar studio camera and a cell phone snap shot :D

Although if I say that, it sounds like the pudgy-looking picture would be more accurate :shock:

with technology the way it is, I'd trust the cell phone camera shot more than I would the studio camera.. By the way, congrats on the prestige you've created for yourself.
two_heads_talking

Postby Victory Manual » Thu 12.18.2008 9:57 am

Has anyone ever told you that you look like a young Dominic Monaghan?
VictoryManual.com - A guide to Japanese entertainment, language, and culture.
Victory Manual

Postby two_heads_talking » Thu 12.18.2008 10:04 am

Victory Manual wrote:Has anyone ever told you that you look like a young Dominic Monaghan?

I don't see it, but hey, I'm just one person..
two_heads_talking

Postby keatonatron » Thu 12.18.2008 10:07 am

Nope.

The recent Japanese opinion seems to be that I look like Orlando Bloom (when my hair is spiked).
keatonatron

Postby luna-xxy » Wed 03.11.2009 4:41 am

I used to be a big fan of 清春, but recently I've fallen behind in his music. (I blame college)
But, I actually read his ameblog from time to time, and I've seen that post before.
Needless to say...

SMALL WORLD. :]
luna-xxy

Return to Culture and Info about living in Japan