Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - What's your favourite anime?

What's your favourite anime?

Anything relating to Anime or Manga - what's new, what you like, etc...

Re: What's your favorite anime?

Postby Stone_Cold » Mon 04.20.2009 7:31 pm

I have many favorite Anime shows... one of my most favorite Anime shows is Samurai Champloo (http://www.samuraichamploo.com/).
<-.-> The past is like a ghost’s voice, quite and withered away, unknown and unheard, loneliness like pale streams. <-.->
Stone_Cold

Native language: 英語

Re: What's your favourite anime?

Postby FLuffy_Smiley » Thu 04.23.2009 6:48 am

Definitely Lovely complex! XD, that anime is so funny. I have many favorite anime but Lovely complex is still the best :D
FLuffy_Smiley

Native language: Vietnamese

Postby s0n9al » Fri 04.24.2009 10:45 pm

Lovely complex!! !!! (:

Blood+ too :D
s0n9al

Postby Jim723 » Wed 07.29.2009 5:08 pm

Depending on my mood my favorite anime can be Death Note, Code Geass, or Higurashi no Naku Koro ni.

:D Second post!
Jim723

Native language: Español

Postby Yudan Taiteki » Wed 07.29.2009 6:25 pm

Jim723 wrote:Higurashi no Naku Koro ni.

I'm reading through the visual novel version of that (in the PS2 version) now; I really like it so far although I'm only about halfway through (I'm almost done with 暇潰し編(himatsubushi) and then on to the Answer arcs).
-Chris Kern
Yudan Taiteki

Native language: English

Postby Jim723 » Wed 07.29.2009 7:50 pm

One of the reasons that I´m learning Japanese is to be able to read the visual novel. :wink:
So far, I think that the best version is the anime (even though the manga is more suspenseful).
Jim723

Native language: Español

Postby Amberlina Kitsune17 » Thu 09.03.2009 12:27 am

My favorite manga is nightmare detective... (i think that's what its called..?)
Amberlina Kitsune17

Postby phreadom » Thu 09.03.2009 10:16 am

Amberlina Kitsune17 wrote:My favorite manga is nightmare detective... (i think that's what its called..?)

I think Nightmare Detective is the name of the anime, and Nightmare Inspector is the name of the manga. :)

I'd never heard of this one before... just took a peek at google to try to figure it out. ;)
猿も木から落ちる
phreadom
Site Admin

Native language: U.S. English (米語)

Postby celticflower » Tue 09.08.2009 10:16 pm

Death Note hands down, loved it - I have a thing for 'L' :oops:
I bought the orginal series, found the American dubbed version, [loved L's voice in this], to watch online, and bought the live movies. I've calmed down now :roll:

Years ago I saw a series called 'Legend of the Dragon Kings' or something similar on ch.4 [UK tv] and that was one of my first animes so still have a fondness for that. It's the one with the brothers who are actually dragon kings from heaven but don't know it, they only find out as more people keep trying to provoke them to release their hidden powers, cute characters, I had a thing for the older brothers too - I'm sensing a theme here! :lol:

And I like 'Devilman', the one where the kid is set up to merge with a demon by his best friend and ends up fighting the demons instead of joining with them, saw it around the same time as the above [I think] and have always loved horror so that one suited me down to the ground what with devils running around and lots of fighting!

I don't mind bleach, but my goodness, is it ever going to end? I can't afford all those episodes to just watch the once! But I've seen a lot of bits and pieces online. 石田 雨竜, Ishida Uryū is my favourite character, and I like the quiet hollow ウルキオラ・シファー, Urukiora Shifā [got the names from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_hollows_in_Bleach].

Off to lurk about again, maybe even go to bed as it's about 3am here!

Night :)

P.S. I can't see the characters for Ishida's name, does anyone know what font I need to download so that they show up instead of little boxes? Or is there somewhere else I should ask this? Thanks :)

[I think I have this figured out, just needed to go into Tools>Internet Options>Fonts and make sure there were fonts chosen for Chinese and Japanese, hopefully that's sorted it out!]
Last edited by celticflower on Fri 09.11.2009 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
。 Bright (ki) 。 クレア
http://citlecrewolf.livejournal.com/
celticflower

Postby celticflower » Tue 09.08.2009 10:21 pm

Amberlina Kitsune17 wrote:My favorite manga is nightmare detective... (i think that's what its called..?)

Liked the name so googled it as well and found a trailer for the live action horror movie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwGUboh4jKM

Is it the same one? I'll have to watch it if I get a chance, another one to add to my list! :D
。 Bright (ki) 。 クレア
http://citlecrewolf.livejournal.com/
celticflower

Postby NocturnalOcean » Wed 09.30.2009 9:46 am

How about Revy from Black Lagoon?
失敗は成功の元
NocturnalOcean

Native language: Norwegian

Postby ageingotaku » Sat 12.05.2009 9:09 am

Apart from Azumanga Daioh, I have just completed "Welcome to the NHK" which was excellent, and also Kanon 2006 and Clannad, both of which were wonderful. I too have an affection for Death Note, it was an amazing piece of work.
ageingotaku

Postby Dominikku » Fri 12.25.2009 11:24 am

Death Note
Code Geass
Bleach
Darker Than Black
Claymore
Full Metal Alchemist
Dragonball + Z + GT (The latter sucked compared to Z and ball :/)

And others, I'm still watching Claymore and Darker than Black atm, finished the rest or am up to date and waiting on new releases!

Also got the entire Death Note Manga collection boxset, love that show soo much!

- D
Dominikku

Postby phreadom » Sat 12.26.2009 4:27 am

I just finished watching the first Full Metal Alchemist series... good stuff. Haven't watched any of those others yet, but plan on checking a few out (like Death Note and maybe Code Geass..)

Naruto is still my favorite ongoing series.. but there are a bunch of other ones I really liked... classics like the Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex series'... Ergo Proxy, Real Drive, Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bebop, Blood+, Honey & Clover, Freedom... and probably a bunch of others I can't remember. :P

(AKIRA is still one of my favorite anime movies... and was some of the first anime I'd ever seen... part of what got me first interested in Japanese.)
猿も木から落ちる
phreadom
Site Admin

Native language: U.S. English (米語)

Postby Dominikku » Sat 12.26.2009 10:26 am

Death Note & Code Geass rock :) deffo worth watching dude!

Ghost in the shell is one anime I want to see, but all of the titles confuse the hell out of me, Could someone make a short list of Chronologic order to watch them in? I've been wanting to get into it for a while now.

Cheers,
- D
Dominikku

PreviousNext

Return to Anime and Manga Discussions