Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - My gcse Japanese oral presentation...

My gcse Japanese oral presentation...

Feel free to practice writing in Japanese or romaji. Help each other out with corrections or replying back in Japanese

My gcse Japanese oral presentation...

Postby zeropathic » Sat 05.02.2009 11:58 am

Can someone please check over it and tell me how I can improve it or change it to sound more natural. ^^

ハルロドヒルに住んでいます。 母と父とセミデタッチトの家に住んでいます。 
兄弟がありません。家はお風呂と台所と寝室が二つといまと廊下がにあります。
私の部屋は小さいけどく冬にはあたたかくて夏にはすずしいから、いいです。
部屋で宿題をしたり、あそんだりします。 ふだん週末に家の手伝いをします。
車を洗ったり、掃除機をかけたり、 お皿を洗ったりします。
あまり好きじゃありませんがてつだうはよいことです。
私の誕生日に日本のレストランに行きました。 刺身と焼き蕎麦が大好きです。
食べ物はとてもおいしいです。 ラムネは好きな飲み物です。 
私の両親は箸がつえませんから、ときどきはずかしいです。


ありがとございます。
zeropathic
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri 02.29.2008 5:49 am

Re: My gcse Japanese oral presentation...

Postby Kakads » Sat 05.02.2009 7:35 pm

Ah, you're taking GCSE Japanese? ^^
I took it last year and got an A*, however I didn't take the oral exam as there was an option to either take it or not. Has the specification changed so it's compulsory now or have you chosen to taken it?
If you need any help in preparing for any part of the exam, you can ask me about it. ;)

I'll go through and correct what you have so far~.

ハルロドヒルに住んでいます。 ミデタッチトの家で母と父と一緒に住んでいます。 
兄弟がいません。家はお風呂と台所と寝室が二つといまと廊下があります。
私の部屋は小さいけど、冬にはあたたかくて夏にはすずしいから、いいです。
部屋で宿題をしたり、あそんだりします。 ふだん週末に家の手伝いをします。
車を洗ったり、掃除機をかけたり、 お皿を洗ったりします。
あまり好きじゃありませんがてつだうはよいことです。
私の誕生日に日本のレストランに行きました。 刺身と焼き蕎麦が大好きです。
食べ物はとてもおいしいです。 ラムネは好きな飲み物です。 
私の両親は箸が使えませんから、ときどき恥ずかしいです。
Last edited by Kakads on Sat 05.02.2009 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Kakads
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon 04.17.2006 7:19 am
Location: London, UK
Native language: English/Zanién
Gender: Male

Re: My gcse Japanese oral presentation...

Postby solidsnake360 » Sat 05.02.2009 8:07 pm

I think Zeropathic wanted to use 恥ずかしい in the last sentence because it's embarrassing that his/her parents don't know how to use them.
solidsnake360
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon 12.24.2007 5:03 pm
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: My gcse Japanese oral presentation...

Postby Kakads » Sat 05.02.2009 8:13 pm

Ah, thanks for the correction, I think my brain switched off at the end.. n_n;
User avatar
Kakads
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon 04.17.2006 7:19 am
Location: London, UK
Native language: English/Zanién
Gender: Male

Re: My gcse Japanese oral presentation...

Postby NocturnalOcean » Sat 05.02.2009 8:14 pm

Just wanted to mention that 兄弟がありません is not wrong. You can choose whether to use iru or aru in this case.
失敗は成功の元
NocturnalOcean
 
Posts: 688
Joined: Mon 03.12.2007 12:43 pm
Native language: Norwegian

Re: My gcse Japanese oral presentation...

Postby zeropathic » Sun 05.03.2009 8:38 am

Thank you very much, and yes it is now compulsory and makes up for 25% of the final mark. The other 75% from reading, writing and listening, each also 25%. According to mock exams I should at least achieve an A, unless the tests get dramatically harder. :| Not surprisingly the oral exam is hardest, well for me anyway.

Can I just check if I understand the Kanji reading and meanings properly.

一緒に  いっしょに together/with
兄弟   きょうだい  Siblings
お風呂 おふろ  Bathroom
台所  だいどころ Kitchen
寝室  しんしつ Bedroom
二つ  ふたつ(?) Two
廊下  ろうか Corridor
手伝 てでん(?) Help out
掃除機  そうじき Clean/Sweep(?)
使かえ  つかえ Use(?)
恥ずかしい  はずかしい Embarrassed
zeropathic
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri 02.29.2008 5:49 am

Re: My gcse Japanese oral presentation...

Postby Kakads » Sun 05.03.2009 9:18 am

手伝う てつだう To help out
掃除機 そうじき Vacuum cleaner
使う つかう To use, make use of
User avatar
Kakads
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon 04.17.2006 7:19 am
Location: London, UK
Native language: English/Zanién
Gender: Male

Re: My gcse Japanese oral presentation...

Postby JaySee » Sun 05.03.2009 9:28 am

Wait, you've written an oral presentation using words of which you don't know the reading or the meaning? That doesn't seem like the smartest thing to do...

You can look these things up fairly easily in a dictionary, by the way.
JaySee
 
Posts: 314
Joined: Sat 08.04.2007 12:04 am
Location: Tokyo
Native language: Dutch
Gender: Male

Re: My gcse Japanese oral presentation...

Postby ニッキー » Sun 05.03.2009 10:46 am

zeropathic wrote:Thank you very much, and yes it is now compulsory and makes up for 25% of the final mark. The other 75% from reading, writing and listening, each also 25%.


It's not actually compulsory at the moment. There are two options for schools/colleges to choose from, Japanese A is reading, writing, listening and speaking where each part is 25% and Japanese B is reading, writing and listening where each part is 33%.
ニッキー
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon 07.28.2008 5:34 am
Location: Europe
Native language: British English
Gender: Female


Return to 日本語の練習 (Practice Japanese)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests