Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Visa problems

Visa problems

Post questions and answers about living or visiting Japan or the culture

Visa problems

Postby vaeng » Wed 05.27.2009 7:02 am

As a german I have a 90-Days toursit visa. I can continue it for another 90 days. I need more. 2-3 weeks. As I am not planning to get busted for a visa-affair, I thought about a short Trip to Korea and back to Japan to "renew" my visa for another 90 days.

Is it a good, or better: working plan? Is there a better one? Please help me, as I need the additional weeks to see something of the country I'm living in. I do an Internship and a study thesis at Tokyo, but this will finish before the visa does.
vaeng

Native language: ドイツ語

Re: Visa problems

Postby sampaguita » Thu 05.28.2009 12:03 am

Hmm...maybe you should ask the Japanese embassy in Germany or in Japan. There are some things like "maximum stay" etc. Even if your visa is valid for 90 days, the "maximum stay" can be shorter.
sampaguita

Re: Visa problems

Postby vaeng » Thu 05.28.2009 5:26 am

the maximum stay for me is 180 days. thats a normal tourist visa for a german in japan. normaly it' 90 days, but it can be expanded one time for another 90 days, which is in general no problem as i read in many reports form fellow germans in japan.
my porblem is, that i need 200 days. i thought it is maybe possible to do a re-entry and get another 90 days. because this is what tourists do, they visit some countries multiple times. but i don't know if this also works for a weekendtrip to korea...
vaeng

Native language: ドイツ語

Return to Culture and Info about living in Japan