Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Study Habits

Study Habits

Have a textbook or grammar book that you find particularly helpful? What about a learning tip to share with others?

RE: Study Habits

Postby Harisenbon » Tue 11.15.2005 7:37 pm

As a minor aside, one of the people I used to work with was from Jamacia. Her name was Ketchi. No end of problems there. ;) But her name was easy to remember.

I also found out a problem with my name キース. When you stick さま onto it (as the waitor at a restraunt did) I pretty much become 貴様. *grumble*
Want to learn Japanese the right way? How about for free?
Ippatsu // Japanesetesting.com
Harisenbon

Native language: (poor) English

Postby Kates » Wed 11.16.2005 9:49 am

Hahaha, reminds me of when I introduced my friend Becca to kids in an elementary school.... -_- We decided to go with "Rebecca" for the rest of her stay. Though I tried to equate it with the sound of "Beckham," it didn't help much. Ah well, funny memory~
Kates

Postby HavocS » Mon 11.21.2005 4:04 pm

What's wrong with Wakan's website? I'd like to check it out but it says forbidden :(
HavocS

Postby Apollo » Mon 11.21.2005 4:35 pm

I think doing what Clay suggested works, reading/studying at least 30 minutes before you go to bed and when you first wake up, because when I dd that I caught myself saying a whole bunch of words I didn't think I knew lol, and another tip I got from my friend he said to make anything you practice fun, because there is no use in teaching yourself something if you're not going to enjoy it.:D
MY SIG IMAGE WAS OVER 100 PIXELS HIGH AND THE ADMINS SMOTE IT WITH A HAMMER OF SMITING.
Apollo

Previous

Return to Learning Materials Reviews & Language Learning tips