Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Good Import shops in my area?

Good Import shops in my area?

Post questions and answers about living or visiting Japan or the culture

Good Import shops in my area?

Postby chobo2 » Sun 06.14.2009 12:14 pm

Hi

I am wondering if anyone knows good import shops that are around the Kawasaki/Kangawa area?

I am trying to find some stuff but I am finding it hard to find. Plus maybe can tell me what these items would be called in Japanese since everyone I talk to seems to look like I fell off the moon or something.

The first Item I am looking for is soup noodles. In Canada I usually buy some no name brand and on the package they just called them egg noodles.

they are flat and short and look similar too this Image

I am just looking for the dried noodles and not lipton. I have my own chicken stock for the soup. I really just need some noodles for it and I rather try to get these since well I know it works good with the soup. If not I guess I will have to try some other noodles. The people I am staying with I think use Udon noodles for there soups.

The next thing I am looking for is White Vinegar. I was so shocked to see they don't have like regular white vinegar here.

I been to "seijoishii" and while it had a couple of the other items I was looking for(like maggiImage too bad I had to return it though since I noticed half way going home it was expired).

But I could not find the above stuff.

Thanks
If your looking to learn Hiragana and Katakana try out http://www.interactivejapanese.com/.
chobo2

Return to Culture and Info about living in Japan