Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Study Group: Lesson 1

Study Group: Lesson 1

Feel free to practice writing in Japanese or romaji. Help each other out with corrections or replying back in Japanese

RE: Study Group: Lesson 1

Postby TokyoRoze » Wed 03.09.2005 10:59 am

Blueboy.....as for your sig Do you speak american....its Do you speak ENGLISH...... Eigo Ga Warkimasu ka?
Hiragana: 0/46
Katakana 0/46
Kanji: Kyuu4:0/80
TokyoRoze

Postby nef919 » Wed 03.09.2005 12:55 pm

TokyoRoze wrote:
Blueboy.....as for your sig Do you speak american....its Do you speak ENGLISH...... Eigo Ga Warkimasu ka?

American is it's own language if you ask some people. I have a friend of mine that says that all the time. He says he speaks German, Spanish English and American. Always gets a laugh.
Donde la malicia es la pista. Donde el Diablo vive y Dios solo va de visita.
http://nefsrant.blogspot.com/
nef919

Postby Kodi » Wed 03.09.2005 1:18 pm

How do we tell the difference between Ro and kuchi actualy? Or would kuchi not actualy ever be on its own?
Kodi

Postby am_bee » Wed 03.09.2005 5:47 pm

you know from the context of the sentence. also, ro would probably never appear by itself. it would be part of a word. at least, i can't think where it would.
am_bee

Postby Kodi » Wed 03.09.2005 5:58 pm

ye as i thought. I realise Ro would be next to other words in the sentance, but does kuchi ever appear by its self? I mean, not as part of larger kanji. Can it be used on its own?
Kodi

Postby nef919 » Wed 03.09.2005 7:01 pm

If anyone is using studycard studio, I have made some cards for lesson 1. I will be doing this for the following lessons as well if anyone is interested. This is OSX only afaik. PM me and I will send.
I also made some for Genius which can be downloaded from http://www.geniusfiles.info/.
The Genius cards are only the Hiragana, while the studycard files include the vocabulary. I will be updating them to include fill in the blank. Maybe at some point in the future when we have gotten further in the lessons I will release them all in one giant pack.
Both programs are free. I hope these help.
Donde la malicia es la pista. Donde el Diablo vive y Dios solo va de visita.
http://nefsrant.blogspot.com/
nef919

Postby am_bee » Wed 03.09.2005 9:47 pm

yes, kuchi does appear by itself.
am_bee

Postby am_bee » Thu 03.10.2005 9:38 am

the test answers for lesson 1 have been sent out. if you do not recieve the email with the test answers, it is because i have not gotten an email address from you. please pm me with your address and i will send out the answers. this is the only week i will resend answers and i'll need to have your pm asking me to resend them by monday.

here are the important updates that were included in the email:

Just a double check to make sure everyone has the new URL: http://geocities.com/thejapanesestudygroup/index.html (it's the same one that was sent out with the last update, so if you've been to it, it's hasn't changed.)

Next, we have a new way of getting mail out. It's been an experiment trying to get a mailing list set up, but we have one now. From now on, beginning with Monday's lesson update, ALL NOTICES will be sent via this list. If you do not sign up, you will not recieve updates. This is an admin. post only group, so it's not for chatting, just updates.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/japanese_study_group/

Also, Nef has been kind enough to agree to make up vocab card sets in advance, so those will be posted with each lesson startign this Monday. Thanks again, Nef! ^_^

starting next week, all updates will be sent through the yahoo group. The only updates that will be posted on this messageboard will pertain to URL changes or changes in the schedule.

SIGNING UP FOR THE YAHOO GROUP DOES NOT PUT YOUR NAME ON THE MEMBER LIST! if you want your name on the member list, you will still need to send me a PM, but you no longer need to include your email address.

if you have any quesitions, please pm me.
Last edited by am_bee on Thu 03.10.2005 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
am_bee

Postby nyanya » Thu 03.10.2005 4:16 pm

I can see the kana fine in the email but not on the site. Do you do them a different way on the site?
*~matane~*
nyanya

Postby am_bee » Thu 03.10.2005 8:29 pm

they're typed the same way in both. the only thing that might make a difference is you encoding. if your email encoding is set to accept japanese, but your browser encoding isn't, it would make sense that you can see it one place, but not to the other. so check your browser language encoding.
am_bee

Postby am_bee » Sat 03.12.2005 8:51 am

just a reminder to everyone: starting this week (monday, march 14), updates will be sent through the yahoo group mail list. if you don't sign up by monday, it's fine. just check the site and everything should be updated.
however, on thursday, the test answers will be sent though the yahoo group. if you haven't signed up, you will not get them.
am_bee

Postby Kodi » Sat 03.12.2005 10:23 am

I see kana fine here but not on my hotmail. I see it like this on my hotmail:
1. あ
2. い
3. う
4. え
5. お
???
Kodi

Postby Gaijinian » Sat 03.12.2005 12:19 pm

change your encoding.

View
Character Encoding
Japanese (Shift_JIS)

Then you should see it.
The harder they come, the harder they fall, one and all.
---
yawr.org
Gaijinian

Postby Darkslime » Sat 03.12.2005 2:34 pm

I think I spotted a typo in the first lesson. Where it says

ななみちゃんわてゃしひはげんきですか。

you have the てゃ there. I'm not completely sure, but I don't think that's a possible combination. I'm not even sure what that word is :E

Just so you know. ;)
Darkslime

Postby Ogawa » Wed 05.11.2005 2:56 pm

actually kuchi rarely every appears by itself. I assume you are talking about the kanji that looks like a regular square, ne?
fear not death, it ends only your life. nothing else.
Ogawa

PreviousNext

Return to 日本語の練習 (Practice Japanese)