Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Heavy Metal

Heavy Metal

Discuss Japanese movies and music.

Heavy Metal

Postby Stone_Cold » Fri 07.03.2009 1:23 am

Are you a Metalhead fanatic who can’t get enough of Heavy Metal music? Are you aware that there’re several different subgenres of Heavy Metal music? In general, Heavy Metal music could be considered a separate genre from Rock; though, technically it isn’t. Many people who’re not fond of Heavy Metal music tend to visualize long/wild hair (Ex. Glam/Grudge), screaming, [an] electric guitar[s], and wild drumming. Although, that’s very much apart of Heavy Metal music & its culture, there’re multitudes of different subgenres to choose from. Many subgenres of Heavy Metal are indeed an opposite of the public’s general ideal. Including, the absence of screaming (Ex. Scream-O/Glam), [an] electric guitar[s], wild/fast drumming, and etc… “Then, what’s Heavy Metal music and its culture?” Heavy Metal cannot be described through a singular ideal since it comes in many shapes and sizes (Figure of Expression, but Factual). “Why should I listen to Heavy Metal music?” I’m not advocating for people to start listening to Heavy Metal music since it’s a personal preference. In fact, Heavy Metal music isn’t something I recommend to minors/juveniles whatsoever since they can easily misinterpret the lyrics and become suicidal. Also, individuals interested in discovering new bands/artists should take awareness to the band’s/artist’s lyrics. Not all Heavy Metal bands have negative lyrics; there’re multitudes that don’t. Heavy Metal music can be safely enjoyed without caution when you avoid mentally unstable bands/artists (Not Joking). Overall, Heavy Metal has many flavors to savor. Now, what’s your favorite Heavy Metal Subgenre[s]?

My Favorite Styles (Not Chronologically Ordered)
Melodic Death Metal
Folk Metal
Cello Metal/Rock
Symphonic Metal
Gothic Metal
Metalcore
Black Metal
Etc..

Revised Thread
Last edited by Stone_Cold on Fri 07.03.2009 3:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
<-.-> The past is like a ghost’s voice, quite and withered away, unknown and unheard, loneliness like pale streams. <-.->
Stone_Cold

Native language: 英語

Re: Metal Styles

Postby Stone_Cold » Fri 07.03.2009 2:10 am

Last edited by Stone_Cold on Fri 07.03.2009 3:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
<-.-> The past is like a ghost’s voice, quite and withered away, unknown and unheard, loneliness like pale streams. <-.->
Stone_Cold

Native language: 英語

Return to Japanese Movies and Music