help with a sentence

Do you have a translation question?
bigbill
Native language: Greek

help with a sentence

Post by bigbill » Mon 07.06.2009 9:58 am

Hello. I want to say "That teacher in every 20-word sentence, says the word "data" 4 times, "information" 3 times, "system" 3 times, "secretery" 2 times, "depiction" 2 times etc "

その先生は20単語の文には四回に"資料"、三回に"情報"、三回に"システム、二回
に"書記"、二回に"表現"とかという言葉を言うます

I would be grateful if someone tell me if I have tramsitted succesful that meaning or not?

keatonatron
Native language: English

Re: help with a sentence

Post by keatonatron » Mon 07.06.2009 11:09 am

bigbill wrote:Hello. I want to say "That teacher in every 20-word sentence, says the word "data" 4 times, "information" 3 times, "system" 3 times, "secretery" 2 times, "depiction" 2 times etc "

その先生は20単語の文には四回に"資料"、三回に"情報"、三回に"システム、二回
に"書記"、二回に"表現"とかという言葉を言うます

I would be grateful if someone tell me if I have tramsitted succesful that meaning or not?
I think It is more natural to say 「"資料"を四回、"情報"を三回、"システム"を三回言います」, but it gets confusing if you add more words in between the last "三回" and "言います".

Are you trying to imply that the teacher uses those words a lot, and aren't actually stating the exact number of times they say them?

I would maybe try something like その先生が20個の単語のある文を言うなら、その中の四つの単語が”資料”、三つが”情報”、三つが”システム”であるでしょう。

I don't know if that's very good, though, because your original sentence is long and complicated :P

Hyperworm
Native language: English

Post by Hyperworm » Mon 07.06.2009 5:56 pm

How about,
その先生の言葉20個に4個が「資料」、3個が「情報」、…、そして2個が「表現」です。
fun translation snippets | need something translated?
BTC@1KMZXgoWiDshQis5Z7feCx8jaiP4QAB2ks

bigbill
Native language: Greek

Post by bigbill » Mon 07.06.2009 7:15 pm

OK, Thanks both for the answers
keatonatron wrote:
bigbill wrote:
Are you trying to imply that the teacher uses those words a lot, and aren't actually stating the exact number of times they say them?

I would maybe try something like その先生が20個の単語のある文を言うなら、その中の四つの単語が”資料”、三つが”情報”、三つが”システム”であるでしょう。

I don't know if that's very good, though, because your original sentence is long and complicated :P
Yes that meaning I wanted to transmit :)