Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Purchasing Assistance

Purchasing Assistance

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

What's your preferred computer brand?

Poll ended at Sat 07.18.2009 6:36 pm

EUROCOM
No votes
LENOVO
No votes
ASUS
No votes
MALIBAL
17%
FALCON NORTHWEST
No votes
MSI NOTEBOOK
33%
NOVATECH
No votes
BIOHAZARD
No votes
HYPERSONIC
No votes
OTHER… POST IT
50%

Total votes : 6

Re: Purchasing Assistance

Postby Sairana » Thu 07.09.2009 6:20 am

Stone_Cold wrote:These conditions can be limited space, bad ventilation, cramped clusters, and etc...

Hence becoming a situation where heat would be an issue... my point wasn't to say that liquid cooling is worthless, but that it doesn't offer a stability benefit just because it's liquid. If you're not at a premium for space and you're not overclocking, a water cooled system is probably overkill.
Sairana

Native language: (US) English

Postby Stone_Cold » Thu 07.09.2009 6:24 am

Also, there's always the option of going with solar power to run the servers/clusters. Some States/Cities/Counties will cover almost half the cost of the solar setup if it's connected to the grid. This depends on size and other factors of course.

Scenario
I had a solar system installed which was surpassing my daily needs and therefore I decided to have it connected to the grid. The city payed/reimbursed 45% of the cost for connecting the solar system to the grid. My yearly power bill's only $15.00. Etc...

The downside's the short-term cost ([est.] $10,000.00-S350,000.00) of getting the system and having it installed. The system does pay for itself, but most people cannot afford a system this large. "Wow! I could never afford that!" Well, it depends on where you live, how much the panels cost, how many you need, and etc... The system I'm referring to is rather large. lol
<-.-> The past is like a ghost’s voice, quite and withered away, unknown and unheard, loneliness like pale streams. <-.->
Stone_Cold

Native language: 英語

Postby two_heads_talking » Thu 07.09.2009 11:58 am

This is just me pointing out something, but if you shoot down every comment made by us, opinion or otherwise, I know that in the future, I am less likely to be involved, as you either obviously know more than I do, or you just don't care about other opinions.

This is a general comment and not one made to offend, so keep that in mind when you read this..
two_heads_talking

Native language: English

Postby Stone_Cold » Fri 07.10.2009 12:57 pm

This is just me pointing out something, but if you shoot down every comment made by us, opinion or otherwise, I know that in the future, I am less likely to be involved, as you either obviously know more than I do, or you just don't care about other opinions.

This is a general comment and not one made to offend, so keep that in mind when you read this..

I'm not shooting what anyone says down. lol :mrgreen: :wink:
<-.-> The past is like a ghost’s voice, quite and withered away, unknown and unheard, loneliness like pale streams. <-.->
Stone_Cold

Native language: 英語

Previous

Return to General off topic