Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Help getting JSL CDs?

Help getting JSL CDs?

Have a textbook or grammar book that you find particularly helpful? What about a learning tip to share with others?

Help getting JSL CDs?

Postby khindall » Sat 09.20.2008 7:40 pm

Hi, all!

I asked Cornell for advice on learning Japanese on my own since I have a learning disability that makes learning it at Cornell impractical. I was advised to get Japanese: The Spoken Language, Part I, and then get the associated materials from the Cornell's Language Resource Center. I decided this was a good idea: if I seek any help with Japanese locally (e.g., a tutor or a conversation partner), they'll probably use JSL, so I might as well use that as my textbook.

I went to the LRC's site and discovered that while I can get one of the items for JSL, Part I, the two others are sold to Cornell students only. Never mind that the textbook itself says they are necessary in the introduction.

So I'm hoping that out there somewhere are students (from Cornell and elsewhere) who have moved on from first-year Japanese and therefore don't use those CDs anymore and would be willing to sell them to me. I'll pay the current price charged by the LRC ($15 each) as well as shipping, of course. (If you are a Cornell student still in Ithaca, maybe we could arrange a pick-up, and maybe we could even talk about getting together for conversation practice or something. ^_^)

The two are:
Japanese WAL - Japanese Conversations
Japanese WAL - JSL Utilizations

Can anyone help me? I suppose for this PMing me is better than responding to the thread.

Thank you very much!
K
(pronounced "kei"/けい but spelled just K ^_^)
khindall

Native language: English

Re: Help getting JSL CDs?

Postby becki_kanou » Sat 09.20.2008 10:03 pm

Have you checked amazon or other online booksellers to see if the CDs are available somewhere else?
そうだ、嬉しいんだ、生きる喜び!
例え胸の傷が痛んでも。
becki_kanou

Skype chat: yes_becki
Native language: U.S. English, 米語

Postby khindall » Sat 09.20.2008 10:37 pm

I checked Amazon. The only CD they seem to have is a faculty guide.

K
K
(pronounced "kei"/けい but spelled just K ^_^)
khindall

Postby Franzeska » Tue 07.21.2009 5:22 pm

Hey, I know this is a few months old, but could you tell me what's on those CDs? I've never seen audio CDs for JSL. I do have both of the computer programs that go with it, but they are normally like $70, not $15, so I'm curious.
Franzeska

Postby Yudan Taiteki » Tue 07.21.2009 5:51 pm

Franzeska wrote:Hey, I know this is a few months old, but could you tell me what's on those CDs? I've never seen audio CDs for JSL. I do have both of the computer programs that go with it, but they are normally like $70, not $15, so I'm curious.

I've never heard of those CDs; the only one I know about is the computer program CD for volume 1, and the DVD for volumes 2 and 3.
-Chris Kern
Yudan Taiteki

Return to Learning Materials Reviews & Language Learning tips