Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Site lag?

Site lag?

Spotted any errors or found anything that doesn't work?

Site lag?

Postby Kakads » Tue 07.28.2009 5:30 pm

For the past few days, this site has taken ages to load a single page, with sometimes the images not loading at all. Each page takes roughly 1-3 minutes to load.
I've checked my wireless router and it's working fine. I can load any other website with no lag problems at all.

Help? ;x
Kakads

Native language: English

Re: Site lag?

Postby phreadom » Tue 07.28.2009 7:45 pm

Kakads wrote:For the past few days, this site has taken ages to load a single page, with sometimes the images not loading at all. Each page takes roughly 1-3 minutes to load.
I've checked my wireless router and it's working fine. I can load any other website with no lag problems at all.

Help? ;x

Is this every single part of the site? Or only certain parts?

You appear to be the only person having this problem, but it does sound similar to a problem I had with my friend Scott's website a few years ago. I have no idea what the problem is outside of it being some kind of network problem likely related to your ISP rather than anything to do with anything we could fix.

You could try calling your ISP and reporting the problem to them and have them run some tests etc. Hopefully they can figure out what the issue is. If it indeed is something related to our site in particular, then we could try to fix the issue... but as it stands, the site seems to load fine for everyone except you. :( Good luck, and please let us know if you find out anything further.
猿も木から落ちる
phreadom
Site Admin

Native language: U.S. English (米語)

Postby Kakads » Tue 07.28.2009 8:00 pm

Like I said, my router is working fine as it always has, and I can load any other site without a problem.
I've tried opening the site in different browsers, ending up with the same problem.

Yes, it is all parts of the site. Everytime I go to a different page of the site or forum, I have to wait a few minutes, even if it's just a simple page with not many images.
Kakads

Postby phreadom » Tue 07.28.2009 8:07 pm

Kakads wrote:Like I said, my router is working fine as it always has, and I can load any other site without a problem.
I've tried opening the site in different browsers, ending up with the same problem.

Yes, it is all parts of the site. Everytime I go to a different page of the site or forum, I have to wait a few minutes, even if it's just a simple page with not many images.

Like I said, can you ask your ISP about it? They should be able to run some network tests to see if there is a problem between here and there etc. Everything here appears to be in working order and nobody else is having any trouble that I'm aware of. (I asked a half dozen people in the chat to check the site quick and it loads fine for all of them.. and they're from all over the world and in Europe, although nobody specifically in the UK at the moment. Germany and Sweden I think are the closest at the moment.)
猿も木から落ちる
phreadom
Site Admin

Postby hyperconjugated » Tue 05.04.2010 12:33 pm

BUMP

Anyone else or is it just me? Talking about the forums that is.
Irgendwann fällt jede Mauer
hyperconjugated

Native language: Finnish

Postby AJBryant » Tue 05.04.2010 1:28 pm

I've had no problems.

Occasionally, at different times, it will seem that the internet "yawns" and things kind of slow down for a few seconds -- no matter what website I'm at. I think that's a universal.
AJBryant
Site Admin

Postby phreadom » Tue 05.04.2010 9:39 pm

I have noticed it. It's actually a result of the database getting a bit overloaded.

I'm looking at adding a new caching module that should alleviate it. Also looking at some other things. Hopefully we can get it back to being nice and peppy again soon.
猿も木から落ちる
phreadom
Site Admin

Postby phreadom » Sun 05.09.2010 7:16 pm

Ok, we've got the initial caching setup done and the performance seems stable again.

(And Clay, the Gallery is re-enabled as well. I'll keep an eye on it.)

Let me know if you notice any problems. :)
猿も木から落ちる
phreadom
Site Admin

Postby clay » Mon 05.10.2010 5:45 am

Excellent work! It does seem zippier.
TheJapanShop.com- Japanese language learning materials
Checkout our iPhone apps: TheJapanesePage.com/iPhone
clay
Site Admin

Return to Problems