Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Japanese Girl Names, New baby!

Japanese Girl Names, New baby!

Japanese, general discussion on the language

Re: Japanese Girl Names, New baby!

Postby two_heads_talking » Thu 08.13.2009 1:07 pm

KINGZ wrote:Currently our list of names stands at about 50, at the top 3 would be Naomi, Sakura, Skyler, but that could all change. I’m not a big fan of skyler, sounds like a stripper’s name.

Here's my suggestion. Take your top 50 list, sit down with your wife and go over it. Let the 2 of you decide, not the dozens of us, as you can tell, we all have so many differing opinions on the subject. Once the 2 of you have decided a name, then stick with it.. Don't be a limp noodle and flop about on the issue like a dying fish that has been tossed on the floor of your boat.

Then again, that's just my opinion....
two_heads_talking

Native language: English

Postby KINGZ » Thu 08.13.2009 1:50 pm

two_heads_talking wrote:Here's my suggestion. Take your top 50 list, sit down with your wife and go over it. Let the 2 of you decide, not the dozens of us, as you can tell, we all have so many differing opinions on the subject. Once the 2 of you have decided a name, then stick with it.. Don't be a limp noodle and flop about on the issue like a dying fish that has been tossed on the floor of your boat.

Then again, that's just my opinion....

Frist off I never said anything about letting anyone decided what the name is going to be, I ask for suggestion on names I my have never heard or though of before so I can expand my possible options. I think this is the second time that you have insinuated that I wanted ppl from the net to decided... please read threads before posting.

Ie the name Naomi, I never even thought of that name, nor have I heard someone with that name in a long time, does not meaning on going to use it, but it was added to my list high ranking because it fist good in what I’m looking for, BTW thanks Becki_Kanou for that name idea. All I ask was for ideas Two_Heads_Talking.
KINGZ

Postby two_heads_talking » Thu 08.13.2009 3:27 pm

KINGZ wrote:Frist off I never said anything about letting anyone decided what the name is going to be, I ask for suggestion on names I my have never heard or though of before so I can expand my possible options. I think this is the second time that you have insinuated that I wanted ppl from the net to decided... please read threads before posting.

As to reading posts, perhaps you should refamiliarize yourself with your original post.. Here, I'll post up your first post, as it seems you've completely forgotten what you said.. I've bolded the pertinent part.

KINGZ wrote:First off I'm having my first baby girl in January :shock: So this is it, no more kids... anywho, I get to name her, and I want something related to Japanese. I like Sakura, (cherry blossom) さくら 桜, (Sakura Raing Jackson)but my wife hates it, and I think its just becuase it Janaese, i relly dont care :wink: So I want to look at some other names but need some help.

Lookng for
1. Japanese
2. Girl Name
3. Kanji
4. Hiragana
5. Sound file, (Yea I know this is a hard one, I like to hear other ppl pronounce it, with my southern breading I put to much America accent in it) I can provide an email to send it to if you can help here.

When all said in done, Ill pick out 5 or so I like and put it to a vote, who knows you may come up with my baby girls name....

Thank You
KINGZ

You said you will pick out 5 or so and put it to a vote.. Perhaps you weren't clear and perhaps, I'm just not reading it right, but that's what it looks like to me.. You are going to have us vote on it and the winning name will be selected by us..
two_heads_talking

Postby astaroth » Thu 08.13.2009 3:48 pm

Is it just me or the thread is starting sounding a bit ... flame-ish?
ー 流光 ー

花地世
小  見獄の
林  かの中
一  な上は
茶   の 
astaroth

Native language: Italiano「伊語」

Postby two_heads_talking » Thu 08.13.2009 4:07 pm

astaroth wrote:Is it just me or the thread is starting sounding a bit ... flame-ish?

I'm done with it, so that might help..
two_heads_talking

Postby KINGZ » Thu 08.13.2009 4:40 pm

as stated, " who knows you may come up with my baby girls name" never said I was taking the one from the vote. either way post dead, ppl read to much into what I was asking for, and opinions are like A holes, everyone has one. :lol: its all good. HUG
KINGZ

Postby CajunCoder » Wed 08.26.2009 9:29 pm

How about something like "Sarah"? I've always liked that name. It's strong, dignified, and not too common. Fits well into Katakana, too. You don't have to look all the way to Japan to find a unique, meaningful name.

PS. What kind of name is "Skyler", and how on earth is it feminine? :shock:
PPS. If, by a one-in-a-million chance, a poor girl named "Skyler" finds this post, I apologize :lol:
CajunCoder

Previous

Return to Japanese General Discussion