Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Nice satellite cities in Japan

Nice satellite cities in Japan

Post questions and answers about living or visiting Japan or the culture

Nice satellite cities in Japan

Postby mbridge » Thu 08.20.2009 8:03 pm

Gosh, I feel really selfish creating a thread just to satisfy my curiosity, but I thought you wouldn't mind...

Anyway, my husband and I are going to be applying for JET this year, and we were curious as to what towns we should ask for that are somewhat close to any of the major three (tokkyo, kyoto, oosaka) but not actually them. A classmate of mine was from Saitama, which is not too far from Toyko, but I don't know any other towns besides that.

I know JET placement mostly depends on need rather than the participant's request, but I was guessing that asking for less popular towns might increase my chances of landing in a place that I would want to be rather than the middle of nowhere.
mbridge

Native language: American English

Re: Nice satellite cities in Japan

Postby becki_kanou » Thu 08.20.2009 11:59 pm

I don't know about the other cities, but there are a lot of nice little cities and towns around Osaka/Kobe (where I live). Nishinomiya and Takarazuka are quite nice and very convenient with regards to transportation and shopping etc. Kobe itself is a really wonderful city with many nice suburbs, although I may be biased. :D
そうだ、嬉しいんだ、生きる喜び!
例え胸の傷が痛んでも。
becki_kanou

Skype chat: yes_becki
Native language: U.S. English, 米語

Return to Culture and Info about living in Japan