Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - 自己紹介, Corrections!

自己紹介, Corrections!

Do you have a translation question?

自己紹介, Corrections!

Postby kayuu » Sun 08.23.2009 6:52 pm

ケイティといいます。でも、マッカと呼んでもいいです。自己紹介を書くのが下手です。21歳です。さきに大学を出ました。大学のとき、コンピューター・サイエンスを勉強しました。今、家で仕事をします。ウェブ・デベロッパーです。ひまの時に本を読んだり、ゲームをしたり、写真を取ったり、外国語を勉強したりするのが好きです。人並みです......人並みのギークです!

I put this on my 'about me' page on my blog, and I know it's quite basic Japanese but I was wondering if anything I wrote didn't make sense or was plain wrong, or if there was a more natural way to say anything.

I was trying to say something along the lines of; "My name's Katy, but you can call me Macca. I'm bad at writing self introductions. I'm 21 years old. I recently left university. When I was at university I studied computer science. Now, I work from home as a web developer. In my free time I like to read books, play games, take photographs and study foreign languages. I'm pretty average... for a geek."
kayuu

Native language: 英語

Re: 自己紹介, Corrections!

Postby NileCat » Sun 08.23.2009 7:11 pm

はじめまして、マッカ さん!

Your Japanese introduction is good. Friendly, polite enogh, and I like "人並みのギーク".

さきに大学を出ました。sounds a little bit vague. 最近(さいきん)かな?(さきに is not wrong, but it sounds too proper expression for a casual writing. kind of old, and a bit trite here, I'm afraid)
ひまの時に本を読んだり、→ ひま時に sounds more natural.

That's all.
Hope it helps :)
NileCat

Native language: Japanese

Re: 自己紹介, Corrections!

Postby kayuu » Sun 08.23.2009 8:01 pm

NileCatさん, どうもありがとう! :D
kayuu

Native language: 英語

Return to Translation Questions or Discussion