Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Why is anime so slow to be licensed!?

Why is anime so slow to be licensed!?

Anything relating to Anime or Manga - what's new, what you like, etc...

Why is anime so slow to be licensed!?

Postby Daisuke » Sat 02.05.2005 10:53 am

I don't understand this. Some anime shows have been out for years in Japan before they get licensed, and showed in USA. I am waiting for Kimi ga nozomu eien, which should be a great show... I guess I am impatient.
Daisuke
Site Admin

RE: Why is anime so slow to be licensed!?

Postby Spaztick » Sat 02.05.2005 11:25 am

Some people figure that some anime isn't going to be popular in America, and just don't show it, and it can be a pain in the buttocks to get something liscened in America.
XD At this sig.
Number of people that have: 13
SaiaiKenja
Daisuke
Kodi
dreamingxashley
redfoxer
ben
Elumi
LordDisa
Kates
AaRoN
Rezeyu
Hideiko_san
roosh
ParanoiaK3
Spaztick

Postby Daisuke » Sat 02.05.2005 7:06 pm

You are probably right. Some anime shows get licensed very fast tho'. Sadly, they are mostly for younger kids...
Daisuke
Site Admin

Postby jinksys » Sun 02.06.2005 5:15 am

maybe it is because they want to wait and see if it's successful in japan
first before they invest any money in an american audience?
Or maybe some shows have no purpose in america.....
In example.... SUPER MILK CHAN!!!!

GO HOME SUPER MILK CHAN, TAKE YOUR BALL AND GO HOME!
jinksys

Postby Clessie » Tue 02.08.2005 2:31 pm

Yeah Well, Tom goes to the Mayor or some crap like that isn't that great either.
I think America just sees it as second rate. We Americans are too busy about the friggin' games from Japan. What can I say? I livein a country of pigs. >_>; That suck. I get used to the thought anyhow. All we can do is wait, or move to Japan. Your choice, although I'd like to choose the latter.
...Hmm... Interesting... How far do I have to shove my head up there to understand you again?
Clessie

Postby Daisuke » Tue 02.08.2005 2:54 pm

.. Moving to Japan is not a bad idea. I will consider it... :)

By the way, americans should be VERY happy for the anime releases overthere. In Denmark it is very hard to get anything else than... Pokemon!? I hate this! Thats why i order my anime from USA.
Daisuke
Site Admin

Postby Mimee » Sat 02.12.2005 4:20 pm

I know what you mean, Daisuke...
The anime here in S.America is like... really old, and some of it is just dumb (according to me). There used to be an anime channel, but they took it off. Gr.. I got so mad... :@

In the city I live in, there is a store called Manga Place, that's where I get my anime stuff. I love that place. :D
Mimee

Postby Daisuke » Sat 02.12.2005 7:37 pm

Glad to hear someone who knows how i feel, heh. You are lucky you got a store to buy your anime/manga. I need to order all i want, because the few danish stores are either TOO expensive, or got allmost nothing.
Daisuke
Site Admin

Postby Mimee » Mon 02.14.2005 1:11 pm

That's awful... Here it's expensive too, like, a Kamui plushie I bought costs $22 dollars here and $9.00 at AnimeNation! :o
Mimee

Postby Daisuke » Tue 02.15.2005 7:59 am

wow thats very expensive! But again, in Denmark no stores sell plush, or keychains etc. I have to order it home.
Daisuke
Site Admin

Postby Ishikawa » Sun 07.31.2005 4:19 pm

I think anime are licensed if the buyers think it can be aired and have a public...and othermore to sell gadget about the anime!In italy at the beginning of anime (1980) they transmit a lot of anime (more than 100!!!) and private tv dub this jap anime with a staff of 3-4 person (^__^).....now that anime is a big bussiness (DVD,gadget,cd,import dvd,ecc...) local tv have some old anime,but newest are only to very important commercial tv or pay-tv (never seen for anime!!!!)!And the dvd edition Dubbed cost 40 euro or 25 euro for special offer...it's an economical vision of anime,but is the tv network vision....Luckily internet and fansub exist.....;)
A no hi ni kaeritai......
Ishikawa

Postby Naruto721 » Sun 07.31.2005 11:24 pm

I always thought that they waited a while after the Japanese Release. Then license it a year later or something. But I also guess that we can't get all the anime from Japan.:(
Naruto721

Postby jinksys » Wed 08.03.2005 4:58 pm

Why is it a bad thing for americans to not like every damn thing that comes from japan, Clessie? We have a culture of our own and if an american doesn't want to like something from another culture they don't have to. I love anime, j-culture, etc but I dont want my own culture saturated with it. For example, years ago there were GOOD saturday morning cartoons on. There were american cartoons and the japanese shows. Now it seems that everything is getting replaced with digi-this , poke-that, and who knows how many card-battle shows they can poop out. Now I know most of you are going to turn this post into a "he hates japan, stone him" post, but Im just saying that If you want to be immersed in j-culture move to japan, because it isnt coming to you. Some thing just WONT be accepted in america, example SUPER MILK CHAN! Everytime that dribble shows on AdultSwim the message boards get overrun with "WTF?", "WHAT IS THIS CRAP?", or "GET IT OFF THE AIR, IM NOT JAPANESE, I DONT GET THE JOKES!". Im sure if AdultSwim's fanbase spoke japanese and was fluent in the culture they could get half of the jokes.

But I ramble.

Other than that, if you want anime/manga so bad get a penpal and have them send you it. Pay them with paypal and they can mail it to you. I guess,...ive never actually tried it.
Hello? Internets?
jinksys

Return to Anime and Manga Discussions