Phd in Japanese

Japanese, general discussion on the language
User avatar
tōkai devotee
Posts: 1113
Joined: Thu 08.02.2007 6:15 am
Native language: Australian!

Re: Phd in Japanese

Post by tōkai devotee » Sun 09.06.2009 6:51 am

Hmmm... I guess we'll have to wait to hear from Yudan himself to find out which it is then.

User avatar
Yudan Taiteki
Posts: 5609
Joined: Wed 11.01.2006 11:32 pm
Native language: English

Re: Phd in Japanese

Post by Yudan Taiteki » Sun 09.06.2009 8:48 am

Ohio State. I used to have Ohio as my location but that seems to have disappeared.
-Chris Kern

NileCat
Posts: 1168
Joined: Sat 08.01.2009 2:11 pm
Native language: Japanese
Location: Tokyo

Re: Phd in Japanese

Post by NileCat » Sun 09.06.2009 9:18 am

:oops: I had mixed up Chris with another Chris who lives in Sweden.

User avatar
Yudan Taiteki
Posts: 5609
Joined: Wed 11.01.2006 11:32 pm
Native language: English

Re: Phd in Japanese

Post by Yudan Taiteki » Sun 09.06.2009 9:45 am

僕はこのヤツです(MAと書いてあるがもうMAとったんです...):
http://deall.osu.edu/people/person.cfm?ID=2112
-Chris Kern

NileCat
Posts: 1168
Joined: Sat 08.01.2009 2:11 pm
Native language: Japanese
Location: Tokyo

Re: Phd in Japanese

Post by NileCat » Sun 09.06.2009 10:34 am

・・・おおっ、男前ですね!
勘違いしちゃってすみませんでした。

So, the winner is Mr.Paper !
(applause)^^

User avatar
astaroth
Posts: 823
Joined: Mon 12.22.2008 5:08 am
Native language: Italiano「伊語」
Location: Amherst, MA
Contact:

Re: Phd in Japanese

Post by astaroth » Sun 09.06.2009 1:36 pm

Yudan Taiteki wrote:MAと書いてあるがもうMAとったんです...
sorry I don't understand this ... are you saying something like "even though it's written MA, I already got it ..." ?
ー 流光 ー

   花地世
小  見獄の
林  かの中
一  な上は
茶   の 

User avatar
Yudan Taiteki
Posts: 5609
Joined: Wed 11.01.2006 11:32 pm
Native language: English

Re: Phd in Japanese

Post by Yudan Taiteki » Sun 09.06.2009 2:41 pm

astaroth wrote:
Yudan Taiteki wrote:MAと書いてあるがもうMAとったんです...
sorry I don't understand this ... are you saying something like "even though it's written MA, I already got it ..." ?
Yeah -- it says I'm an MA student but I've already gotten my MA; I think they just haven't updated the site (probably I'm supposed to tell them to change it to PhD). Actually I don't know if you use とる for MA; that might be a mistake on my part.
-Chris Kern

User avatar
astaroth
Posts: 823
Joined: Mon 12.22.2008 5:08 am
Native language: Italiano「伊語」
Location: Amherst, MA
Contact:

Re: Phd in Japanese

Post by astaroth » Sun 09.06.2009 2:52 pm

Yudan Taiteki wrote:Yeah -- it says I'm an MA student but I've already gotten my MA; I think they just haven't updated the site (probably I'm supposed to tell them to change it to PhD). Actually I don't know if you use とる for MA; that might be a mistake on my part.
Oh I see. The site confused me ... I read it something like "Chris Kern, MA" that is MA as a title not as a MA student.
ー 流光 ー

   花地世
小  見獄の
林  かの中
一  な上は
茶   の 

User avatar
jimbreen
Posts: 168
Joined: Tue 06.27.2006 2:09 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Phd in Japanese

Post by jimbreen » Mon 09.07.2009 7:39 am

AJBryant wrote: You probably have a complete set of イミダス, don't you? ;) (Are those still being published?)
Sadly I don't. Yes, they are still being published. I need to see if we can track down back issues.
There is a 2005-227 digital edition, I see.

Jim

User avatar
hyperconjugated
Posts: 636
Joined: Fri 05.06.2005 5:12 pm
Native language: Finnish
Location: Finland

Re: Phd in Japanese

Post by hyperconjugated » Tue 09.08.2009 9:13 am

Yudan Taiteki wrote:僕はこのヤツです(MAと書いてあるがもうMAとったんです...):
http://deall.osu.edu/people/person.cfm?ID=2112
Picture is all fuzzy too. You personal page needs more cowbell! :)
Irgendwann fällt jede Mauer

User avatar
AJBryant
Site Admin
Posts: 5313
Joined: Sun 10.09.2005 11:29 am
Native language: English
Gender: Male
Location: Indiana
Contact:

Re: Phd in Japanese

Post by AJBryant » Tue 09.08.2009 12:29 pm

jimbreen wrote:
AJBryant wrote: You probably have a complete set of イミダス, don't you? ;) (Are those still being published?)
Sadly I don't. Yes, they are still being published. I need to see if we can track down back issues.
There is a 2005-227 digital edition, I see.
Digital?

Dang. That kind of takes the fun out of just leafing through them.

That's the fun thing with books that you just can't do the same way with electronic thingies. Bathroom reading isn't the same.

User avatar
Infidel
Posts: 3103
Joined: Sun 10.09.2005 1:12 am
Native language: 英語

Re: Phd in Japanese

Post by Infidel » Tue 09.08.2009 12:36 pm

AJBryant wrote: Dang. That kind of takes the fun out of just leafing through them.

That's the fun thing with books that you just can't do the same way with electronic thingies. Bathroom reading isn't the same.
at least the pages don't stick together.
なるほど。
さっぱりわからん。

NileCat
Posts: 1168
Joined: Sat 08.01.2009 2:11 pm
Native language: Japanese
Location: Tokyo

Re: Phd in Japanese

Post by NileCat » Tue 09.08.2009 12:57 pm

AJBryant wrote:Dang. That kind of takes the fun out of just leafing through them.

That's the fun thing with books that you just can't do the same way with electronic thingies. Bathroom reading isn't the same.
Sumimasen, me is just study engrish and what do you call it...ah...ancient? :D

Post Reply