Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Is this a joke??

Is this a joke??

Japanese, general discussion on the language

Is this a joke??

Postby tōkai devotee » Tue 09.15.2009 2:13 am

I heard on the radio today that the wife of the new Prime Minister of Japan (to be official tomorrow) has previously experienced being captured by aliens and has been to visit Venus :o They said that for this reason, the people of Japan really like her.

Is this real? Or is it a joke?

:D

(I might add that I wasn't listening intently to the radio report. I was doing other stuff at the time. So I may have missed something!)
tōkai devotee

Native language: Australian!

Re: Is this a joke??

Postby phreadom » Tue 09.15.2009 2:59 am

I've read the same kinds of things elsewhere. I really can't comment on it as I don't know the details, but there certainly has been talk of it going around.
猿も木から落ちる
phreadom
Site Admin

Native language: U.S. English (米語)

Postby JaySee » Tue 09.15.2009 3:05 am

It's true.
JaySee

Native language: Dutch

Postby chikara » Tue 09.15.2009 3:23 am

tokai devotee wrote:I heard on the radio today that the wife of the new Prime Minister of Japan (to be official tomorrow) has previously experienced being captured by aliens and has been to visit Venus :o .....

Sadly it is true. Was written up in the papers here (SA) a couple of weeks back. The abridged version is online, I rode in spaceship, says new PM's wife

The link JaySee-san posted above is more like the full story that appeared in the print version.
Don't complain to me that people kick you when you're down. It's your own fault for lying there
chikara

Native language: English (Australian)

Postby coco » Tue 09.15.2009 8:53 pm

tokai devotee wrote:They said that for this reason, the people of Japan really like her.

I believe this part is a joke. :wink:
coco

Native language: 日本語(Japanese)

Postby tōkai devotee » Wed 09.16.2009 3:21 am

coco wrote:
tokai devotee wrote:They said that for this reason, the people of Japan really like her.

I believe this part is a joke. :wink:

そう思いましたけど、多分彼女はエイリアンに誘拐されていたら、普通な人よりもっともっと面白い人でしょう。
又は普通な人より人間っぽい? 人間らしい?

~Maybe being abducted by aleins makes her more interesting than normal people. Or, more human than other people?

:?
tōkai devotee

Native language: Australian!

Postby keatonatron » Wed 09.16.2009 4:34 am

tokai devotee wrote:~Maybe being abducted by aleins makes her more interesting than normal people.

I think it just makes her crazy.

My favorite part of the article posted above: "I eat the sun[...] Like this: yum, yum, yum."
keatonatron

Native language: English

Postby chikara » Wed 09.16.2009 5:04 am

keatonatron wrote:.... My favorite part of the article posted above: "I eat the sun[...] Like this: yum, yum, yum."

If you are going to try this at home boys and girls please ensure that you only attempt to eat the sun at night otherwise you may get serious burns.
Don't complain to me that people kick you when you're down. It's your own fault for lying there
chikara

Native language: English (Australian)

Postby Infidel » Wed 09.16.2009 9:45 am

chikara wrote:
keatonatron wrote:.... My favorite part of the article posted above: "I eat the sun[...] Like this: yum, yum, yum."

If you are going to try this at home boys and girls please ensure that you only attempt to eat the sun at night otherwise you may get serious burns.

Darnit. I knew I was doing something wrong. Poor fingers.
なるほど。
さっぱりわからん。
Infidel

Native language: 英語

Postby furrykef » Wed 09.16.2009 9:48 am

keatonatron wrote:My favorite part of the article posted above: "I eat the sun[...] Like this: yum, yum, yum."

There's one bit in the unreleased game Penn & Teller's Smoke and Mirrors that goes like this: First, in one of the games you can play, you select the difficulty level. The highest one is labeled "impossible". So you start to play it on "impossible", and soon you come across Lou Reed. And Penn is like, "Whoa, it's Lou Reed!" (Lou Reed is one of Penn's idols.) Lou Reed shoots out a bolt of lightning, killing both Penn & Teller. A video then pops up where Lou Reed says: "This is the impossible level, boys. Impossible doesn't mean 'very difficult'. 'Very difficult' is getting the Nobel Prize; 'impossible' is eating the sun."

I guess maybe it wasn't so impossible. :lol:

- Kef
Founder of Learning Languages Through Video Games.
Also see my lang-8 journal, where you can help me practice Japanese (and Spanish, and Italian!)
furrykef

Native language: Eggo (ワッフル語の方言)

Return to Japanese General Discussion