Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - HELP! HELP!

HELP! HELP!

The test - experiences, questions or comments

RE: HELP! HELP!

Postby AJBryant » Mon 11.28.2005 1:07 pm

Kanji doesn't make you elitist, it makes you literate.

Hear, frikkin' hear.

Tony
AJBryant
Site Admin

Native language: English

Postby Txkun » Mon 11.28.2005 6:48 pm

screaney... what's the problem with you? You don't like japanese? Don't study it. point. I didn't see anyone on this board boasting his kanji skill like a super move of dragon ball : "yeah that's a 15 strokes kanji... blam!!". :D
I like studing for the matter of studing... I don't have to prove anything to others... just enjoy. Everyone's day has 24 hours... is just a matter of priorities that are very personal IMHO.

So take it easy, man! :D
Last edited by Txkun on Mon 11.28.2005 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Txkun

Native language: Italian

Postby Harisenbon » Mon 11.28.2005 7:37 pm

Txkun wrote:
I didn't see anyone on this board boasting his kanji skill like a super move of dragon ball : "yeah that's a 15 strokes kanji... blam!!". :D

You just made me the happiest man in the world.

SEE IF YOU CAN HANDLE MY POWER!!!! 憂鬱!!!!!
*giggles maniacally*
Want to learn Japanese the right way? How about for free?
Ippatsu // Japanesetesting.com
Harisenbon

Native language: (poor) English

Postby Momoko-chan » Mon 11.28.2005 7:44 pm

You don't like japanese?

It's not that people wouldn't like nihongo, it's just that they might get so confuzzled that they get frustrated (slam their head on the desk, pull out hair, kick the dog...).

Learning Japanese is not just a magical overnight transformation of knowledge. It's like any other talent, like playing the piano. Normally, someone who has never touched a piano before can't just go ahead and play a beetoveen piece perfectly on their first go. It's the same with learning japanese, or any other language, for that matter. Just try your best at where you're at, and don't worry about the fact that other people are ahead. They'll help you if they're nice (or if you pay them enough :p)

K, that was about all the wise wisdom I had. ;)
Crazy things come from crazy people. That must be why I\'m so creavtive!
Momoko-chan

Postby Txkun » Mon 11.28.2005 8:04 pm

Momoko-chan wrote:

It's the same with learning japanese, or any other language, for that matter. Just try your best at where you're at, and don't worry about the fact that other people are ahead. They'll help you if they're nice (or if you pay them enough :p)

K, that was about all the wise wisdom I had. ;)

110% agree... that's the point. I think it's the right way of learning anything. Start from the basics, never think that you can't do what you want to do. Just do it! If you can't do something right now, just relax... study little more and retry later. Every day you know little more. :D
Txkun

Native language: Italian

Postby ParanoiaK3 » Mon 11.28.2005 9:55 pm

驫! I WIN! B)
Last edited by ParanoiaK3 on Mon 11.28.2005 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
日本は好きです。
ParanoiaK3

Postby Infidel » Mon 11.28.2005 11:14 pm

screaney wrote:
Tx-kun, I'm not bragging about japanese or a lack of japanese. i am honoured to see all this studying and proliferation of kanji. Some people appear arrogant towards the people just starting out - i just sensed that. "learn kanji or you are dumb!!"

most message boards have this kind of elitism. anyways, i don't hate japanese or the japanese people. I just hate these, "dragonball z- 22 stroke kanji masters who can perform a spirit bomb after memorizing 1945 kanji".

You are apparently too full of DBZ references to read what people are saying. All people are saying is, Learn Kanji if you want to become literate in Japanese. That isn't elitism thats a fact.
Infidel

Native language: 英語

Postby kempokatt » Tue 11.29.2005 12:19 am

ishnar wrote:
All people are saying is, Learn Kanji if you want to become literate in Japanese. That sn't elitism thats a fact.

You can prove anything with facts...But if you can prove it with lies, you should be a politician. ;)
kempokatt

Postby Harisenbon » Tue 11.29.2005 12:29 am

This whole thread has gotten just way out of hand, and is starting to delve into the realm of surrealism. I leave it now and go back to studying like I should. :/ Have fun complaining about Kanji and who's Kanji power is greater.

ParanoiaK3 wrote:
驫! I WIN! B)

This amuses me greatly.
Do you what that Kanji means? I always see it as an example of a simple but hard to pronounce kanji. I've seen it on quiz shows like 5 times already.
Want to learn Japanese the right way? How about for free?
Ippatsu // Japanesetesting.com
Harisenbon

Native language: (poor) English

Previous

Return to Japanese Language Proficiency Test