Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - How to study for JLPT Test Grammar

How to study for JLPT Test Grammar

The test - experiences, questions or comments

How to study for JLPT Test Grammar

Postby vader1671 » Sat 10.10.2009 11:09 am

Hi all,

I have been an informal student of Japanese for a couple of years now. Started from reading manga / playing games and now I've reached a stage where I can basically play most japanese games and pretty much understand what is going on (SRW games mostly). I've decided that I should at least quantify my learning and place it on my resume and wish to take the JLPT test.

I'm looking at taking JLPT3 and have tried my hand at some samples. I've pretty much nailed the vocab / listening sections (kinda strange seeing some words that are normally in kanji in hiragana, throws me off quite a bit). However, my grammar sucks horribly.

How should I go about learning JLPT3 Grammar? Any good textbooks / online sites I should be going to?

Thanks for the help
vader1671

Native language: English

Re: How to study for JLPT Test Grammar

Postby Yudan Taiteki » Sat 10.10.2009 11:51 am

vader1671 wrote:Started from reading manga / playing games and now I've reached a stage where I can basically play most japanese games and pretty much understand what is going on (SRW games mostly).

:)

I'm looking at taking JLPT3 and have tried my hand at some samples. I've pretty much nailed the vocab / listening sections (kinda strange seeing some words that are normally in kanji in hiragana, throws me off quite a bit). However, my grammar sucks horribly.

How should I go about learning JLPT3 Grammar? Any good textbooks / online sites I should be going to?

Thanks for the help

If you can read SRW dialogue, JLPT3 shouldn't be that bad -- the best way to study for JLPT grammar is to buy one of the preparation books. They list all the grammar elements you need to know.
-Chris Kern
Yudan Taiteki

Native language: English

Return to Japanese Language Proficiency Test