Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Where do you find the Genki Textbook?

Where do you find the Genki Textbook?

Discussions for those using the Genki Textbook series

Re: Where do you find the Genki Textbook?

Postby Flame Haze » Sat 10.10.2009 6:28 am

clay wrote:
Flame Haze wrote:i'm willing to buy it from theJapanShop.com if there's a suitable payment method for me =.=.

We do accept PayPal, but what payment method is best for you? Fell free to contact me (or have your parents call) at 1-866-837-3607.

Thanks for trying to help. I'l try to have my parents order it, or someone else if it doesn't work. :lol:
Flame Haze

Native language: Chinese

Postby Flame Haze » Mon 10.12.2009 5:22 am

Dustin_Calgary wrote:Even when i was young, I could always find SOMEONE that would be able to order it for me, and now you can go to a store, pickup a pre-paid credit card type gift card that allows you to shop online ( or at least they do where i live, can get them at 7-11 )

I always was able to find someone able and willing to do an order for me, there is no excuse for theft. Period.

Mind explaining on the pre-paid credit card type gift card method? Can't get my parents to order it for me =.="
Flame Haze

Postby Sairana » Mon 10.12.2009 9:23 am

Flame Haze wrote:Mind explaining on the pre-paid credit card type gift card method? Can't get my parents to order it for me =.="

I was going to explain that option, but I couldn't find any information as it relates to Malaysia on the internet. I'm not sure on the availability of pre-paid cards are over there.

In the US, it's pretty common to be able to find pre-paid Visa cards that can be used for online purchases, just like a normal Visa card. They work just like gift cards you could buy for specific businesses like Wal-mart or Mac-donalds. If you have cash, you can just go buy one and poof! You can make online purchases even though you don't qualify for a "real" credit card.
Sairana

Native language: (US) English

Postby Flame Haze » Mon 10.12.2009 9:53 pm

Sairana wrote:
Flame Haze wrote:Mind explaining on the pre-paid credit card type gift card method? Can't get my parents to order it for me =.="

I was going to explain that option, but I couldn't find any information as it relates to Malaysia on the internet. I'm not sure on the availability of pre-paid cards are over there.

In the US, it's pretty common to be able to find pre-paid Visa cards that can be used for online purchases, just like a normal Visa card. They work just like gift cards you could buy for specific businesses like Wal-mart or Mac-donalds. If you have cash, you can just go buy one and poof! You can make online purchases even though you don't qualify for a "real" credit card.

Well, i did find 2 available in Malaysia..thats Ambank NexG and Public Bank Visa electron, but can't seem to get further details of them.... :(
Flame Haze

Postby Harisenbon » Tue 10.13.2009 12:14 am

Flame Haze wrote:i went to my area's bookstores to buy it, but unsucessfully.

I don't know about bookstores where you live, but usually if you ask, bookstores will be more than happy to special order a book for you and then you can pick it up at that bookstore.
Want to learn Japanese the right way? How about for free?
Ippatsu // Japanesetesting.com
Harisenbon

Native language: (poor) English

Postby Flame Haze » Tue 10.13.2009 1:15 am

Harisenbon wrote:

I don't know about bookstores where you live, but usually if you ask, bookstores will be more than happy to special order a book for you and then you can pick it up at that bookstore.

Plus the price will be more than usual >.<
Flame Haze

Postby Dustin » Tue 10.13.2009 1:56 am

Flame Haze wrote:
Harisenbon wrote:

Plus the price will be more than usual >.<

Well, better higher price than usual, than ZERO availability, so give it a shot ^^
Dustin

Native language: English

Postby Harisenbon » Tue 10.13.2009 2:48 am

Flame Haze wrote:Plus the price will be more than usual >.<

I've never had a bookstore inflate the price just for special ordering a book.
They get their books at a reduced price, and it's generally a fairly automated system. They just stick your order in with their normal shipment, and a their distributor delivers the book as usual.

Did a book store tell you that they would charge you extra?
Want to learn Japanese the right way? How about for free?
Ippatsu // Japanesetesting.com
Harisenbon

Native language: (poor) English

Postby Flame Haze » Tue 10.13.2009 4:39 am

Harisenbon wrote:
Flame Haze wrote:Plus the price will be more than usual >.<

I've never had a bookstore inflate the price just for special ordering a book.
They get their books at a reduced price, and it's generally a fairly automated system. They just stick your order in with their normal shipment, and a their distributor delivers the book as usual.

Did a book store tell you that they would charge you extra?

Nope, just a guess...

Anwyay, thanks for trying to help. I found a prepaid CC available Malaysia that i qualify for...mayb i'll get my order through after a few weeks ^^.
Flame Haze

Postby leedares » Wed 05.12.2010 2:22 pm

I have one for sale in the New York Chelsea area, name your price!
leedares

Native language: English

Previous

Return to Genki Textbook