Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Domestic PS3 games containing Japanese version on disc

Domestic PS3 games containing Japanese version on disc

Discuss games, Japanese as well as non-Japanese.

Domestic PS3 games containing Japanese version on disc

Postby Dustin » Tue 10.27.2009 4:20 am

This came up on another forum, and it's true, SOME PS3 games have the Japanese version on our domestic discs.

Battlefield 1943
Devil May Cry 4
Home
Little Big Planet
Lost Planet
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Resident Evil 5
Resurrection
Soul Calibur 4
Street Fighter 4

Simply set your OS language to Japanese and throw in the game, if it has a Japanese version, it will boot up as if you were using a Japanese PS3

Feel free to add to this list, as I love to save money on importing ^_^

P.S. If the game was released in North America before Japan this probably won't work, but if it was released in either Japan first or at the same time, it's much more likely to have this great freebie built in ^^
Dustin

Native language: English

Re: Domestic PS3 games containing Japanese version on disc

Postby keatonatron » Tue 10.27.2009 5:01 am

Well it makes sense, especially when the games are region-free; they don't have to master two seperate editions for North America and Japan. :wink:

Nice feature though, thanks for the post!
keatonatron

Postby Dustin » Fri 10.30.2009 7:50 pm

I added Soul Calibur 4 to the list, anyone else that comes across games that can be played this way let me know so I can go buy them, as well as update this list ^_^
Dustin

Postby v10japan » Fri 11.26.2010 4:53 pm

RESURRECTION

Another item to add to the list- Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction ($15 on Amazon)

Great list by the way!

EDIT: Little Big Planet has Japanese support as well :D
v10japan

Postby Dustin » Fri 11.26.2010 6:43 pm

Thanks for the update!
Dustin

Postby v10japan » Fri 11.26.2010 10:27 pm

If anyone's interested in a game that isn't on the list above, I found this site: http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Lounge/Japanese-PS3-Games-Which-ones-have-English/m-p/32440545. It's a list of some Japanese games that have English support.

Now, obviously most of those probably aren't true the other way around (Eng>Jap), but a lot of the ones on the list above are marked as "100% bilingual" on the other list. Use your discretion, but this might give you a good guess as to which games could have the translations.

It's also a 3-year old list (well, 3 years and one day to be exact :P ), so more recent games aren't on there. If anyone can dig up more Jap to Eng lists, please post them!

EDIT: Ok here's a much more complete list haha :) http://www.gaijingamers.com/showthread.php?2459-PS3-Japanese-Release-Games-English-Support-Information-THE-LIST. The ones in blue are potential candidates.

EDIT2: another edit :)
After cross referencing the lists (idt I've ever used that term... it's used far too often in movies XD), I found that every item was blue except Street Fighter IV which was red (Jap doesn't support eng), but that makes sense considering it's originally a Japanese game I think? Also, I noticed Infamous was I marked as Jap w/ Eng support, but my copy of Infamous doesn't have Japanese support... :\ Again, this makes sense b/c it's an English game.
v10japan

Postby themonk » Mon 09.05.2011 8:18 pm

@Dustin san- - out of little experience with video games and play station 3: Do you mean that if you set the os to Japanese Language, then the game will play with Japanese voice over or, with Japanese characters on the side?

I am asking this, because I am contemplating buying a PS3, after reading your post. To illustrate my point, look at this title, Yakuza 4.

One of the reviewers stated:

Reviewer: Michael John Mele "PSN & Xbox gamer..." (Tampa, FL.)

First off, this game is not for everyone, it is an acquired taste for sure. The game is along the lines of Heavy Rain and Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, it plays more like .... The game is a Japanese port, so all the spoken dialog is in Japanese with English subtitles.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/community-cont ... B003QX4F7C

I happened to be at a Video Game concert this summer showing Final Fantasy (sorry, I forgot which one it was). I remember seeing the kanas, and, Kanjis, on just about every frame.

Is this what I can expect when playing video games on the list that you so meticulously prepared?
themonk

Native language: NA

Return to Games