Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Tokai University win 2009 Global Green Challenge

Tokai University win 2009 Global Green Challenge

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

Tokai University win 2009 Global Green Challenge

Postby chikara » Fri 10.30.2009 1:03 am

Tokai University have won the 2009 Global Green Challenge (formerly the World Solar Challenge). This was previously a race for solar powered vehicles only but was changed this year to include the Eco Challenge for environmentally friendly production and experimental vehicles. The race is from Darwin in Australia's north 3000km down the Stuart Highway (the "track") to Adelaide in Australia's south.

Zero to Darwin Project website (in Japanese)
Don't complain to me that people kick you when you're down. It's your own fault for lying there
chikara

Native language: English (Australian)

Re: Tokai University win 2009 Global Green Challenge

Postby tōkai devotee » Fri 10.30.2009 6:09 am

I was planning to start such a thread as Tokai has a very special significance to me, but Chikara-san beat me to it!

Go Tokai!!! YAY! :lol:
tōkai devotee

Native language: Australian!

Postby JaySee » Fri 10.30.2009 6:34 am

A Dutch team of the Delft University of Technology came in second this year, which is ok... they won the 4 previous editions, so I guess it was only nice of them to grant another university the pleasure of winning this time for a change :wink:
JaySee

Native language: Dutch

Postby chikara » Fri 10.30.2009 7:31 am

tokai devotee wrote:I was planning to start such a thread as Tokai has a very special significance to me, but Chikara-san beat me to it!

I thought there may be some connection with a "tokai devotee" :)
Don't complain to me that people kick you when you're down. It's your own fault for lying there
chikara

Postby chikara » Fri 10.30.2009 7:37 am

JaySee wrote:A Dutch team of the Delft University of Technology came in second this year, which is ok... they won the 4 previous editions, so I guess it was only nice of them to grant another university the pleasure of winning this time for a change :wink:

The Dutch team has dominated the race but rolled their car in Darwin during testing before the start of the race this time which resulting in the need for hasty repairs and affected their performance during the race.
chikara

Postby tōkai devotee » Sun 11.01.2009 2:08 am

chikara wrote:
tokai devotee wrote:I was planning to start such a thread as Tokai has a very special significance to me, but Chikara-san beat me to it!

I thought there may be some connection with a "tokai devotee" :)

Gosh! My secret's out!! :D Yes, it's Tokai, as in 東海、where I lived for 3 1/2 years. And before you ask, I didn't go to Tokai University. I worked while living in Japan.
tōkai devotee

Postby astaroth » Sun 11.01.2009 5:23 am

tokai devotee wrote:Gosh! My secret's out!! :D Yes, it's Tokai, as in 東海、where I lived for 3 1/2 years. And before you ask, I didn't go to Tokai University. I worked while living in Japan.

And I have always thought it was because of the tocai, a Friulan wine (I know it's also Hungarian ...)
ー 流光 ー

花地世
小  見獄の
林  かの中
一  な上は
茶   の 
astaroth

Native language: Italiano「伊語」

Postby tōkai devotee » Sun 11.01.2009 5:39 am

astaroth wrote:And I have always thought it was because of the tocai, a Friulan wine (I know it's also Hungarian ...)

Wine?? Did someone say wine? I wouldn't mind some!!
tōkai devotee

Return to General off topic